All of Us Strangers | Gay Drama | Paul Mescal, Andrew Scott | Dec 22 | 96% RT, 90 MC

Gossip_Boy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Lovett

• kandicha

• Mr. Loco

6 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Isnt paul a known homophobe

Gay for pay

• Haha 1

when will they stop casting straight men in these gay roles when there are hundreds of decently talented masc passing (which is probably what this film is gonna go for as usual, disappointing) gay men breaking their back trying to make it in Hollywood. Andrew and Paul aren't even A-listers to bring in that kind of audience like-? Get Luke McFarlane on this **** or idk Lee Pace, both masc passing extremely good looking men who happen to actually be gay.

Leave Andrew to the women who thirst over priests on Fleabag.

Edited by MingYouToo

11 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

when will they stop casting straight men in these gay roles when there are hundreds of decently talented masc passing (which is probably what this film is gonna go for as usual, disappointing) gay men breaking their back trying to make it in Hollywood. Andrew and Paul aren't even A-listers to bring in that kind of audience like-? Get Luke McFarlane on this **** or idk Lee Pace, both masc passing extremely good looking men who happen to actually be gay.

its called acting for a reason

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Isnt paul a known homophobe

No, it was a fabricated Reddit post.

31 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Andrew Scott is actually gay, did you even bother to check? :deadbanana4:

49 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Andrew is gay :skull:

31 minutes ago, Hector said:

Andrew Scott is actually gay, did you even bother to check? :deadbanana4:

omg :deadbanana2: clock me! we kinda won ig!

• ATRL Moderator

I mean, I think Paul is a great actor and I’m sure he’ll do a wonderful job in this. I don’t let straight actors playing gay characters completely ruin the story for me, however, if you’re asking me if I believe queer actors still face homophobia and aren’t on the same playing field as straight actors, I’d have to say yes which in turn makes casting decisions like this a little disappointing. 

It has nothing to do with any given person’s ability to perform and more so that the industry has never been a meritocracy and queer people are still at a disadvantage. I will be watching though, king Andrew is that bish! 

When will y'all learn you aren't entitled to anyone's sexuality :hippo:

Paul has only done incredible work so far so I'm excited for this 

Adam, a screenwriter living in London, encounters his mysterious neighbour Harry and then discovers in his childhood home his long-dead parents looking the same as they did 30 years ago

This is the actual plot btw.

In the novel the "mysterious neighbour" is a woman who forms a romantic relationship with the protagonist so Paul’s character Harry is a gender-swapped version of that.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

Is this a Netflix film?

On 3/14/2023 at 1:59 PM, MingYouToo said:

Sorry, but many people are gonna tune in because of them. The casting director evidently knew what they were doing when they chose to cast skilled attractive actors. No one in real life actually cares whether they are gay or not. Studios have learnt by now that people calling for wokeness are not actually gonna go and support the movie, it's just a small portion of loud people on social media. :rip:

OT: Finished the book it is based on last week. Hopefully they stay true to the source material as much as they can. :jonny5:

5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Is this a Netflix film?

There doesn't seem to be any information regarding the release. It's produced by Film4 Productions and Blueprint Pictures and will be distributed by Searchlight Pictures. So it could be a theatrical release or streaming only.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.