Xscape new certifications in US

Renan90

Thats nice, I'm glad they have some platinum songs 

They really were never that big though. The only reason they have a Bravo reality show is thanks to Kandi lol

1 hour ago, JustHoran said:

They really were never that big though. The only reason they have a Bravo reality show is thanks to Kandi lol

The only girl group (Besides DC, Salt n Pepa and TLC) to have 3 platinum albums in the US. Not too much!

They're very successful with hits that have stood the test of time :cm: 

3 hours ago, JustHoran said:

1 hour ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

The only girl group (Besides DC, Salt n Pepa and TLC) to have 3 platinum albums in the US. Not too much!

They're very successful with hits that have stood the test of time :cm: 

@JustHoran is low-key correct though in terms of them not being that “big” even during their peak. 

TLC, Destiny’s Child, En-Vogue and SWV were all bigger, have far bigger albums and have vastly bigger classics the world over.  

Xscape have a few remembered hits for their select audience but that’s it (although “Traces Of My Lipstick” is just as good as any album by the aforementioned groups, probably even slightly better than “CrazySexyCool/WOTW”).

:fan:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

39 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@JustHoran is low-key correct though in terms of them not being that “big” even during their peak. 

TLC, Destiny’s Child, En-Vogue and SWV were all bigger, have far bigger albums and have vastly bigger classics the world over.  

Xscape have a few remembered hits for their select audience but that’s it (although “Traces Of My Lipstick” is just as good as any album by the aforementioned groups, probably even slightly better than “CrazySexyCool/WOTW”).

Oop. Forgot about En Vogue. They Definitely do have bigger hits that's for sure that are globally known.

DEAD at the shade "for their select audience" :toofunny3:. You can say Atlanta! No group is seeing Xscape in ATL and that includes TLC.

Now that's a damn lie. CSC > Destiny Fulfilled > everything else.

3 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

This. I was SHOCKED looking at their airplay peaks and the year-end Billboard 200 positions were not all that:deadbanana2:

Off The Hook Peak: #23, Weeks: 42, #118 & #150 Billboard 200 Year-End

Hummin' Comin' At 'Cha Peak: #17, Weeks: 36, #78 Billboard 200 Year-End

Traces Of My Lipstick Peak: #28, Weeks: 33, #133 Billboard 200 Year End

They had 1 airplay top 5 hit, 2 airplay top 30 hits ...

14 minutes ago, naval23 said:

This. I was SHOCKED looking at their airplay peaks and the year-end Billboard 200 positions were not all that:deadbanana2:

Off The Hook Peak: #23, Weeks: 42, #118 & #150 Billboard 200 Year-End

Hummin' Comin' At 'Cha Peak: #17, Weeks: 36, #78 Billboard 200 Year-End

Traces Of My Lipstick Peak: #28, Weeks: 33, #133 Billboard 200 Year End

They had 1 airplay top 5 hit, 2 airplay top 30 hits ...

R&B airplay wasn't included in both the Hot 100 & Radio Songs charts until 1998 (Rhythmic radio however was), so those charts don't really represent the true radio popularity which is why it's good they released singles that sold very well.

I'm surprised Arms of the One who loves you isn't platinum

honestly they're an R&B act so i don't look at hot 100 stats or Billboard 200 stats

on da R&B charts they were big competing with da likes of En Vogue, TLC, SWV

My Little Secret only being Gold is a crime

On 3/13/2023 at 2:14 PM, JustHoran said:

That’s why I’m curious why Kandi thinks Xscape should’ve had top billing for their concert over SWV.  

I always understood that SWV sold more, right?  Or they at least had more H100 hits I thought.  

On 3/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I am annoyed that Latocha ****** up that era, when it seemed like it was on its way to be their biggest album, mainstream-wise. And she gained NOTHING from it, making everything even worse.

15 hours ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

I am annoyed that Latocha ****** up that era, when it seemed like it was on its way to be their biggest album, mainstream-wise. And she gained NOTHING from it, making everything even worse.

well she's always been trash so ...

jus look at da show airing right now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.