2023 NCAA Basketball Tournament 🏀

JGibson

This is the thread for the 2023 NCAA tournaments for both the men's and the women's and also the men's NIT. 

ATRL March Madness Pick 'Em:

ID: 51739
Password: ATRL2023

Join: https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mens-basketball-bracket/group/51739/invitation?key=73737bf639e6a48d 

Men's NCAA Bracket:

spacer.png

Women's NCAA Bracket:

spacer.png

Men's NIT Bracket:

spacer.png

2022 Recap:
Men's: 
Final Four: Duke 77, UNC 81 | Villanova 65, Kansas 81
Championship: UNC 69, Kansas 72

Women's:

Final Four: South Carolina 72, Louisville 59 | Stanford 58, UCONN 63
Championship: South Carolina 64, UCONN 49

Men's NIT:

Semifinals: St. Bonaventure 77, Xavier 84 | Washington State 56, Texas A&M 72
Championship: Xavier 73, Texas A&M 72

Perched for da upsets

Go UM men and FSU & UM women

I'm picking Marquette to win the Championship. That was the first team I picked when I did my bracket 20 years ago. Dwyane Wade was on that Marquette team, which beat favored Kentucky and made the Final Four.

I picked Alabama to win it all on the Men's side and South Carolina on the women's.

I correctly picked Furman to upset Virginia. I'm not shocked. They weren't playing well to close the season, and they have a history of losing to 13-16 seeds.

#16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson takes down #1 seed Purdue 63-58 to become the 2nd #1 seed in the Men's College Basketball March Madness tournament history to go down to a #16 seed.

#15 seed Princeton continue their winning ways by beating #7 seed Mizzou to a pulp.

The Sweet 16 is coming up. 

All the #1 seeds are going down in the Men's game, as SDSU beat Bama and Miami beat Houston tonight.

Chile South Florida on da verge of having two schools in da final four

Da kids from Boca Ratón have come and snatched a final four spot 

Coral Gables u up next. 

ugh and da Lady Canes r still in. 

Final Four:

The men's Final Four slate is now locked in: SDSU v. FAU and Miami and UCONN. 

Three of the four teams have NEVER been in the Final Four. 

For the first time since seeding was introduced 1979, no top 3 seeds advanced to the Final Four.

Battle of South Florida. I’m speaking it into existence 🗣️ 

The women's Final Four slate is now set: Iowa v. South Carolina and LSU v. Virginia Tech. 

As long as SDSU doesn't beat FAU, I'm okay with the result. The refs in the SDSU-Creighton game were worse than the Super Bowl refs.

If FAU makes the Final, there will be a great storyline either way. If it's FAU vs. UConn, you've got the David vs. Goliath matchup. It's like 1999 Duke-UConn, but the roles are reversed for UConn: FAU is 1999 UConn, UConn is 1999 Duke. If it's FAU vs. Miami, it's the battle of South Florida.

SDSU doesn't move the needle.

The Women's National Championship game was a matchup between two teams who made their first title game appearance, and the LSU Tigers won 102-85 over Caitlin Clark's Iowa Hawkeyes for their first ever title.

On the men's side, we have a final between UCONN and first time finalist SDSU. If SDSU wins, it would be their first ever men's title.

The unobserved foul rule is the stupidest thing that ever happened to the game of college basketball. So, you can stop the game and review something that happened possessions ago? Creighton got cheated against SDSU because of that, and the flagrant foul ended up being the difference. UConn better win this Championship, or else this will be a tainted title for SDSU.

UCONN won their 5th Men's title by thrashing SDSD 76-59.

SDSU proved they were the worst team to ever play in a National Championship, and that they only got there because of the refs help. I have seen teams that missed the Final Four in years past that were better than this SDSU team. Creighton and FAU would have given UConn a better game. Creighton may have won outright if they weren't cheated by the refs against SDSU.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.