96th Academy Awards | Top Winners: Oppenheimer 7x, Poor Things 4x

WildAmerican

1 hour ago, Price of Fame said:

the bafta noms are great and messy, god forbid the exact same films/people aren't nominated over and over all season long cause it seems like that's what some people want. :rip:  they should just double down and own it and stop trying to be an oscar precursor again like 20+ years ago. 

i can dream

The tea. It's so damn boring when awards groups rubber stamp the same exact contenders over and over. The jury system at BAFTA has provided legitimately surprising and even inspired nominations. They should keep doing their own thing. 

• Like 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

15 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

she was neva even a thing, no one moved when she won the Volpi :sorry:

Because everyone knew she only won due to Emma Stone’s ineligibility. #PhantomVolpi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Because everyone knew she only won due to Emma Stone’s ineligibility. #PhantomVolpi

ouu the way Miss Ema Li would've snatched the Volpi if PT hadn't won the Lion :jonnycat:

It'll be something if the nyfcc kiss of death keeps up it's best actress streak

no BAFTA mention killed Saltburn's chances for original screenplay.

2 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

no BAFTA mention killed Saltburn's chances for original screenplay.

it does not deserve that, so we're good there!

:suburban:

• Like 5

Took out Dafoe for Sessa. I feel like Poor Things might just whiff BSA.

But also it would be super Academy to have Dafoe over Ruffalo.

6 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Sessa is coming tbh

Im not surprised if he snatches an Oscar nom

same #justiceforcharlesmelton

Now that BAFTA is done, the question is... who will get snubbed from the televised precursors? Or will they all get in? :gaygacat3:

Jake Gyllenhaal'd

• Bradley Cooper - Maestro
  • Colman Domingo - Rustin
  • Paul Giamatti - The Holdovers
  • Cillian Murphy - Oppenheimer

final-precursor-score-cards-in-the-major

Viola Davis'd

• Carey Mulligan - Maestro
  • Margot Robbie - Barbie
  • Emma Stone - Poor Things

Timothée Chalamet'd

• Robert de Niro - Killers of the Flower Moon
  • Robert Downey Jr. - Oppenheimer
  • Ryan Gosling - Barbie

Caitríona Balfe'd

• Emily Blunt - Oppenheimer
  • Danielle Brooks - The Color Purple
  • Da'Vine Joy Randolph - The Holdovers

Robbie about to get Adams'd 

• Like 1

When Sandra wins BAFTA and rises to 2nd place and we get a re-run of the 2016/17 season with Emma winning Best Actress over a well-liked European actress again.:rofl:

Although I would be here for Sandra winning BAFTA and Margot pulling off a surprise win at SAG. Then we'd really have a Best Actress race for the ages… :lakitu:

• Like 2

What are we thinking for Director, Payne is likely in now, no? I'm stlll thinking that Gerwig gets snubbed, so the last place is between Triet and Glazer? Triet is likelier imo.

Unless they both get in over Lanthimos if we're being a bit delulu, now that'd be messy :mandown: 

3 hours ago, Feanor said:

Although I would be here for Sandra winning BAFTA and Margot pulling off a surprise win at SAG. Then we'd really have a Best Actress race for the ages… :lakitu:

I would be here for this chaos like the chaotic 2021 Award Season. :penguin:

• GG Drama: Andra Day – The United States vs. Billie Holiday
  • GG Comedy/Musical: Rosamund Pike – I Care a Lot
  • CC: Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman
  • SAG: Viola Davis – Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
  • BAFTA: Frances McDormand – Nomadland

Carey Mulligan Patient Zero for 2020s messy Oscar race?

Will Lily pull Hillary Swank and win Oscar without SAG and BAFTA? :fan:

26 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Will Lily pull Hillary Swank and win Oscar without SAG and BAFTA? :fan:

well swank did that b/c her competition was a supporting wife...

2 hours ago, Konril said:

I would be here for this chaos like the chaotic 2021 Award Season. :penguin:

• GG Drama: Andra Day – The United States vs. Billie Holiday
  • GG Comedy/Musical: Rosamund Pike – I Care a Lot
  • CC: Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman
  • SAG: Viola Davis – Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
  • BAFTA: Frances McDormand – Nomadland

Carey Mulligan Patient Zero for 2020s messy Oscar race?

Pretty legendary, if you ask me. The way Miss Fran did not even bother to log into Zooms that award season, sending her speech over SMS from her Nokia 3310 to the BAFTAs, and STILL winning. See when you do talentry... 

• Like 1

I believe aside from being a talented actress, Ms McDormand is one of the nicest persons in Hollywood.

That's why she's respected amongst her peers.

The same can't be said to Ms Close. Heard the street saying she's quite a diva in real life. That's why she's never won that Oscar :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

I believe aside from being a talented actress, Ms McDormand is one of the nicest persons in Hollywood.

That's why she's respected amongst her peers.

The same can't be said to Ms Close. Heard the street saying she's quite a diva in real life. That's why she's never won that Oscar :rip:

I need more tea on this. People always mention in Awards discussion that she's pretty horrible :skull: 

• Like 1

Cooper's BAFTA payola needs to be investigated

Having a hard time predict the last spot in Actress. I wouldn't be shocked if Robbie made it, but I still think she gets snubbed. She seems like the exact type of contender that would be hurt by the preferential ballot but do well in pure votes, hence her still getting in everywhere. Barrino missed SAG and was almost surely a BAFTA jury pick, but I could see her slipping in if Brooks still makes. And the performance is baity and emotional as hell. Lee could get #1 votes but it's a very subtle performance that AMPAS typically wouldn't go for. Maybe it just ends up going to Bening because of the old guard showing out (and Foster is still a very feasible nominee in Supporting).

it's 

Emma Stone

Lily Gladstone

Sandra Hüller

Carey Mulligan

Margot Robbie

imho. Emi Li and Li Li are locks. Other three are vulnerable for a snub, but seem to be pretty consistent so far. Hüller has international support and is in a BP contender, well received by BAFTA and PGA. Carey did not miss a precursor(?) and is in an across-the-board contender (that will possibly lose all of its categories). Margot is riding her career high with a not-so-stellar performance in the biggest blockbuster of the year that also was a critical success and is possibly Top 5 in BP.

Greta Lee seems done to me. The passion for her is very muted unlike Yeoh and much like Awkwafina who ended up being snubbed. Bening could upset w a nom. Portman is also done. The grassroots movement for Ellis-Taylor seems to have started way too late and was way too muted. TCP is done

I think someone who made it to all precursors will get snubbed in Best Actress.

Not sure whether it's Robbie or Mulligan.

3 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

I think someone who made it to all precursors will get snubbed in Best Actress.

Not sure whether it's Robbie or Mulligan.

I haven't seen Mulligan yet but if so, please let it be Margot. She was good but not outstanding to me and I love her & loved her performance in Barbie as well. (Kinda the same as Lily, though I'd nominate Lily in Supporting.)

8 minutes ago, Liafen said:

I haven't seen Mulligan yet but if so, please let it be Margot. She was good but not outstanding to me and I love her & loved her performance in Barbie as well. (Kinda the same as Lily, though I'd nominate Lily in Supporting.)

Thinking it's Robbie. There's no passion for her performance and I think she'll struggle to get enough #1 votes. Thinking there'll be passion pick that sneaks this year like previous years at the expense of actress who made it all to precursors.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.