96th Academy Awards | Top Winners: Oppenheimer 7x, Poor Things 4x

WildAmerican

American Society Of Cinematographers Feature Film nominations:

Edward Lachman, ASC – “El Conde” (Netflix)
Matthew Libatique, ASC, LPS – “Maestro” (Netflix)
Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC – “Killers of the Flower Moon” (Apple TV+)
Robbie Ryan, ISC – “Poor Things” (Searchlight)
Hoyte van Hoytema, ASC, FSF, NSC – “Oppenheimer” (Universal Pictures)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

SAG is serving another travesty, they snubbed incredible performance by Charles Melton but ofc they nominated alcoholic, drug and physical abuser coz he need a career award :gaycat6:... I fkn hate the industry and pundits that ruling it. I hope Oscars will do the right thing like they did with Kristen Stewart  :gaycat2:

6 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

this made me sad

but i don't think the movie's even been released in the US yet? i think it's coming out in a few weeks... a wacky distribution plan that didn't cater to the awards schedule ig 

She should blame NEON. This movie had a $38 million budget (according to Wiki), where did it all go? No hype at all, not even from the festival circuit. 

• Like 1

Free promo for Best Original Score :jonny5: I wish I could see this live

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDreamer said:

Free promo for Best Original Score :jonny5: I wish I could see this live

they better tour this :jonnycat:

• Like 1

This will never happen at the Oscars but imagine if it did:jonny5:

GDVFL1PWUAEcoyA?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

they better tour this :jonnycat:

Exactly! The demand is there. 

Nolan pulling TikTok receipts for Can You Hear the Music? is so hilarious :ahh: A 2-billion TikTok hit :clap3: 

Frances Fisher last year when nomination voting opened:

Fn2JSY5XEAA00U3?format=jpg&name=medium

And for this year:

GDm6VF_XYAAF-2l?format=jpg&name=medium

Get those #1 votes. :laugh:

Thinking that Domingo will be nominated at the expense of Leo

might not work the same for ellis taylor since she got her breakthrough bafta/globe/oscar noms just 2 years ago, her film is made by an oscar nominee, and the film's studio won Best Picture this decade.

while To Leslie's "narrative" was the big underdog thing: riseborough was kind of unknown to most people, her director was making his film debut, and her studio was...Momentum Pictures which apparently only releases movies no one's heard of to barely any theaters.

but if it does, it'll show how frances is the queen of hollywood.

• Like 1

Rustin is the boring Oscar bait trash people pretended Maestro was tbqh. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, DanyelP23 said:

This will never happen at the Oscars but imagine if it did:jonny5:

GDVFL1PWUAEcoyA?format=jpg&name=large

Oh I would love this! I also like Carey to be nominated but this set is fantastic.

7 hours ago, Konril said:

And for this year:

Why this woman is always involved in other people campaign but not put the same effort in finding or delivering a memorable role for herself? I can't name a movie or performance of her outside of the 'Titanic' one.

8 hours ago, Konril said:

And for this year:

d09fe567-e8cc-4bb4-b011-8990a01a6314_tex

Somebody deactivate her IG for the love of god

• Thumbs Down 1

59 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Why this woman is always involved in other people campaign but not put the same effort in finding or delivering a memorable role for herself? I can't name a movie or performance of her outside of the 'Titanic' one.

11 minutes ago, Komet said:

d09fe567-e8cc-4bb4-b011-8990a01a6314_tex

Somebody deactivate her IG for the love of god

i think she's allowed to be a lover of cinema and support the performances she's fond of

and if she has influence ... welp

8c3vdt.jpg

Voting for nominations should also be ranked tbh, it would lead to 5 names that are more of consensus than only counting #1s.

6 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

i think she's allowed to be a lover of movies and support the performances she's fond of

and if she has influence ... welp

8c3vdt.jpg

Sure but I find quite ironic that herself as somebody who works in the business couldn't even get a Golden Globe nomination in her career but being this invested in other people awards..

Aside for a general SAG cast nomination, this woman has never been nominated for anything relevant or prestigious, not even some small critics awards :snowman:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004920/awards/

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Konril said:

And for this year:

she got backlash last year for pushing a white woman over two black women. this her way for "making up to it"  i think

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McNulty said:

she got backlash last year for pushing a white woman over two black women. this her way for "making up to it"  i think

🏆Seems to be that Viola, Michelle, Danielle & Cate are a lock for their outstanding work.🏆

The way she really thought Davis and Deadwyler are locks and campaigned for others to channel their votes to Riseborough. :redface:

At least this year she didn't specify who are the locks for the nominations.

:suburban:

EDIT: MESS! I forgot Fisher's original post excluded Deadwyler in her original post. By including her as one of the locks, it possibly could have given false security to Danielle and robbed her off of votes. :redface:

FmdQ5QTXEAAsphP?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ANATOMY HIVE WE RISE 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both Anatomy and Zone made it omg. I guess that's the BP 10 then? Seems kinda easy

PGA has never gone 10/10 for Best Picture... but it's hard to see how this isn't the final 10 that we'll get come Oscar nomination morning.

And if it isn't... what is missing? Zone & Anatomy showing up here is a big deal, shows strong support, and could mean they're not as vulnerable as previously thought.

I'd like to see Maestro miss (not aggressively rooting against it like some people, but just did not like the film), but I actually think it's Past Lives that could be on the brink of missing. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

PGA has never gone 10/10 for Best Picture... but it's hard to see how this isn't the final 10 that we'll get come Oscar nomination morning.

And if it isn't... what is missing? Zone & Anatomy showing up here is a big deal, shows strong support, and could mean they're not as vulnerable as previously thought.

I'd like to see Maestro miss (not aggressively rooting against it like some people, but just did not like the film), but I actually think it's Past Lives that could be on the brink of missing. 

maybe this year they will go 10/10 for BP, I can't see any of them missing and if so with what? Every other movie look weak

Anatomy and Zone showing up at PGA when last year’s list included 4 sequels AND The Whale. Did they replace half of their membership? :deadbanana2:

I think this is probably just the BP lineup, but I’d love to see Maestro pushed out for Miyazaki. Or Duvernay. Do your thing Frances Fisher. :kiss:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.