Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

QueenofCopyPaste

Anyways, I think Mrs. Voyter can still prevail

30725cc1394c7946f73c4e3102482dcb31f865ee

Love waking up to Oppenheimer's dominance :clap3: The only consistent performer of the bunch. 

Barbie - Ferrera OUT

Killers - Leo OUT

The Holdovers - Sessa, Ensemble OUT

Poor Things - Ruffalo, Ensemble OUT

:ryan3:

Aside from Past Lives A24 really got shut out it feels this year. It really makes EEAAO success look even more impressive in hindsight.

• Like 2

SAG snubbed Barrino :rip:

To think that a few days ago I was listening to Gold Derby podcast and they were so confident that SAG love The Color Purple and Barrino might win there :bibliahh:

I think Lily has it. She might win SAG and that winning momentum will be carried till Oscar. Doesn't matter what BAFTA outcome anymore especially since no POC has won Best Actress there :rip:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McNulty said:

Huller was never gonna be nominated, SAG members can't read subtitles. 

Which is ridiculous since big majority of the movie and her lines are in English.

16 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

To think that a few days ago I was listening to Gold Derby podcast and they were so confident that SAG love The Color Purple and Barrino might win there :bibliahh:

She has the kind of performance-role that SAG tends to like, in other years she would have made it easily, but there's too much competition this year and more acclaimed performances.

A bit sad about the Hüller snub but yeah, it was expected. I guess I can keep this attitude when Lily evidently bags the Oscar. 

• Like 1

:deadbanana4: The mess is starting :toofunny3:

think Payne is out before Gerwig, but both are vulnerable. Payne fits the Waititi/Sorkin snub; Gerwig fits the Villeneuve/Kosinski one

Payne is OUT.

Cillian rises. Imagine the awkwardness if Giamatti won SAG/Oscar and he thanked Payne in his Oscar speech :rip: 

SAG doesn't like foreign performance.  Parasite was an exception when it won ensemble, but the cast was snubbed in all other categories. Huller snub is expected. 

26 minutes ago, TheDreamer said:

:deadbanana4: The mess is starting :toofunny3:

bradley plant methinks

this isn't new but ppl just ignored/forgot 

26 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

think Payne is out before Gerwig, but both are vulnerable. Payne fits the Waititi/Sorkin snub; Gerwig fits the Villeneuve/Kosinski one

I never got this comparison. Dune and Top Gun: Maverick are straight up action/sci-fi blockbusters, Barbie is an absurdist comedy. While Barbie is technically a blockbuster, it's also completely doing its own thing and has an undeniable vision. If anything, it's a bit more comparable to Joker in terms of the mold it fits (auteur vision doing something unexpected with a wildly popular IP).

i still don't think margot is gonna make the final five even if she gets in at bafta's too. lee is rightfully gonna take her spot :bird:

Phillips also had the all boys club advantage that might luck Gerwig out especially w more auteur artsy female directors up their lane to choose from this time around. until proven wrong the branch isn’t squeezing two females in especially w a stack of roster to choose from (covid was the one time exception)

The way I haven't met anyone who knows about or watched Nyad and yet that movie is probably gonna steal Greta Lee's spot :deadbanana:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kylizzle said:

The way I haven't met anyone who knows about or watched Nyad and yet that movie is probably gonna steal Greta Lee's spot :deadbanana:

i'm not convinced Nyad is real and i went to the film festival it premiered at :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, hausofdave said:

Phillips also had the all boys club advantage that might luck Gerwig out especially w more auteur artsy female directors up their lane to choose from this time around. until proven wrong the branch isn’t squeezing two females in especially w a stack of roster to choose from (covid was the one time exception)

I disagree. Joker was Todd Phillips' first attempt at a serious film. He wasn't in the club prior to that film. Gerwig has already been nominated for Lady Bird, therefore being a member of the "club" going into this season.

While I don't consider Gerwig to be a lock, the circumstances surrounding the people fighting for the last 2 spots are so unqiue that it's increasingly hard for me to argue against her. Payne has previously been a favorite in the category, but under a very different membership and The Holdovers has pretty basic direction that would be an arguably unusual pick for the current branch to bat for. Glazer and Triet are arguably competing for the same spot with Glazer being a significantly bigger name (which tends to matter for the "international" spot). And Song is a total newcomer. And while both Glazer and Triet could theoretically get in, that either means we get 3 Euro arthouse picks (which seems like a pretty big stretch), or that one of them kicks Lanthimos out (which also feels like a pretty big stretch).

Imo, it's the consensus 4 and Glazer due to Zone being arguably the most singular vision of the year and the narrative of it being a career nomination to a degree. 

• Like 1

She’s BACK!!!!!! 

• Haha 5

cruz

oscar 4-5

sag 4

globes 3

bafta 2

9 precursor noms=at least 4 oscar noms

a reverse blunt experience tbh.

oscar 0-1

globes 6

sag 4 

bafta 2-3

at least 12 precursor noms=0 oscar noms so far 

tho we hope she finally breaks thru!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

She’s BACK!!!!!! 

:bibliahh:

6 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Awww I wanted this nom for Fantasia though. This role has been apart of her life for so long.

• Like 1

Society of the Snow needs to be in the conversation for all the major awards. Picture, Director, Actor, Supp. Actor, Editing, VFX (!), etc etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.