• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

Wait The Holdovers are win competitive for BP? :soda:I don't really see it but kinda do? It has that classic cinema feel to it that could appeal to lot of voters, esp next to Opp and  Flower Moon, it would be a fun gaggy win ngl  

• Like 1

Watched Fargo again, Frances McDormand the legend that you are...

little mcdormandsters rise UP, we need her in the race again!

14 minutes ago, Hector said:

Monster is phenomenal. I think ATRL specifically would enjoy it. Go in blindly.

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

Watched Fargo again, Frances McDormand the legend that you are...

little mcdormandsters rise UP, we need her in the race again!

She already (undeservedly) won two Best Actress Oscars within a few years of each other I think she’s ok 

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

The movie had middling reception and Jodie Foster's performance seems to be what people are latching into, not to mention in the weeks leading up to it dropping on Netflix the actors were still on strike so she couldn't do press. I also don't think it got a theatrical push the way May December or Maestro got? I could see her sneaking in at SAG but Carey Mulligan and Natalie Portman are stronger acting contenders than Bening atp, so that's probably where Netflix is sinking most of their attention to

Jodie gave a good performance but there was no stand out scene for her. Annette was more transformative in the role. Something the Academy will definitely go for imo. Best Actress this year is very strong. 

Also, did anything happen in The Killer? What a snooze. And a waste of Tilda Swinton. It was filmed in my backyard too I’m pissed. 

Saw some great films recently:

-Wonka: 3.5/5 

-Godzilla Minus One: 4/5

-Past Lives: 5/5

• Like 1

Dream Scenario had so much potential!!! It fell apart half way through

Cage did a great job. He has been in some interesting movies recently. He deserves some recognition. Probably not for Dream Scenario, but his next Oscar nomination is coming within the next few years if he keeps this up 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Dream Scenario had so much potential!!! It fell apart half way through

Cage did a great job. He has been in some interesting movies recently. He deserves some recognition. Probably not for Dream Scenario, but his next Oscar nomination is coming within the next few years if he keeps this up 

it was so frustrating to watch a great idea not being fully explored. I still enjoyed it tho but I wanted more

Finally saw Anatomy Of A Fall and tbh it kinda dragged to me, in a european artsy fartsy film kind of way. I liked the ~mystery, the flawed characters, and the message but overall it was too much of a flat line, the pacing felt off.  Especially the court part which was both hilarious and frustrating 

Spoiler

because I never really felt like she was in any danger of actually getting locked up.  Like do French courtrooms really work like this? The prosecution case was nonexistent: 'Here's a paragraph from her book;) she's bisexual;) they had arguments;)' ok bby are you charging her for being a bad partner or a murderer, bcuz you've yet to put out a single piece of evidence of the latter ??? 

Huller obviously ate and would be win competitive if this wasn't an international film, she was pitch perfect. On the other hand the dog is a LOCK for Best Supporting Actor, pack it up DeNiro et all  

(In all seriousness the kid was also amazing, too bad there's barely any chance of him getting a BSA nom) 

• Like 1

Ferrera predicted for a BSA nom has to be a joke right? :biblio: She was cringy af in that monologue, we literally looked at each other cackling while watching it. Where can I sign up for the anti-campaign, cmon GODamund Pike 

JAsS5x0.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

QueenofCopyPaste
2 hours ago, Komet said:

Finally saw Anatomy Of A Fall and tbh it kinda dragged to me, in a european artsy fartsy film kind of way. I liked the ~mystery, the flawed characters, and the message but overall it was too much of a flat line, the pacing felt off.  Especially the court part which was both hilarious and frustrating 

Hide contents

because I never really felt like she was in any danger of actually getting locked up.  Like do French courtrooms really work like this? The prosecution case was nonexistent: 'Here's a paragraph from her book;) she's bisexual;) they had arguments;)' ok bby are you charging her for being a bad partner or a murderer, bcuz you've yet to put out a single piece of evidence of the latter ??? 

Huller obviously ate and would be win competitive if this wasn't an international film, she was pitch perfect. On the other hand the dog is a LOCK for Best Supporting Actor, pack it up DeNiro et all  

(In all seriousness the kid was also amazing, too bad there's barely any chance of him getting a BSA nom

anything can happen

he even appeared on some best young actors performance list

remember Marina de Tavira in Roma was nominated with 0 precursor appearances at all!

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

5 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

anything can happen

he even appeared on some best young actors performance list

remember Marina de Tavira in Roma was nominated with 0 precursor appearances at all!

I mean yeah, but he's an unknown child actor in an  ~arthouse foreign film in a year where BSA is extremely competitive, I don't see where the votes would come from. Anatomy isn't that strong as Roma was either. 

Ot: Little Ferrerars downvoting me won't stop me, cmon Taraji, cmon Jodie Foster ! :clap3:

TCP dropping off significantly in the domestic box office, looks like its not going to be 'undeniable' to the Academy from a commercial standpoint

I'd wait for the weekend #s before panicking about TCP's BO; january looks dead, maybe it can find some success there. Imo much bigger problems for that movie is the complete shutout @ NBR and not even getting a comedy/musical nom @ GG.

These are the important awards/noms dates to look forward to during the first week of January

1/2: Makeup and Hair Stylists Guild Awards Nominations (MUAHS)
1/4: Costume Designers Guild Nominations (CDG)
1/5: British Academy Film Award Longlists (BAFTA)
1/7: Golden Globe Award Winners (HFPA)

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
5 hours ago, McNulty said:

Milo is not happening, the academy hate kids

but not a shut off entirely though

I see Legend McDormand's legendary wins made some people pressed.

See when you're talented actress and not phony/fake like certain actress :cm:

• Like 4

In the last 40 years, one male child was nominated, for Haley Joel osment mainly for starring ina 600 million grossing hit

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste

:clap3:

• Like 2

UK Film Critics Association (UKFCA) Nominations

Spoiler

Best Film
Barbie
Killers of the Flower Moon
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Best Director
Emerald Fennell – Saltburn
Jonathan Glazar – The Zone of Interest
Christopher Nolan – Oppenheimer
Martin Scorsese – Killers of the Flower Moon
Celine Song – Past Lives

Best Actor
Bradley Cooper – Maestro
Paul Giamatti – The Holdovers
Barry Keoghan – Saltburn
Cillian Murphy – Oppenheimer
Andrew Scott – All Of Us Strangers

Best Actress
Lily Gladstone – Killers of the Flower Moon
Sandra Huller – Anatomy Of A Fall
Greta Lee – Past Lives
Margot Robbie – Barbie
Emma Stone – Poor Things

Best Supporting Actor
Robert Downey Jr. – Oppenheimer
Ryan Gosling – Barbie
Glenn Howerton – BlackBerry
Charles Melton – May December
Mark Ruffalo – Poor Things

Best Supporting Actress
Emily Blunt – Oppenheimer
Rachel McAdams – Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret.
Julianne Moore – May December
Rosamund Pike – Saltburn
Da’Vine Joy Randolph – The Holdovers

Best Screenplay
Anatomy Of A Fall
Barbie
Killers of the Flower Moon
Oppenheimer
Past Lives

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.