• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

22 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

it's nice how obsessed they are with rosamund pike compared to other award shows.

A Private War - Drama nom

I Care a Lot - Comedy win

Saltburn - Supporting nom

can't wait for her to find the right project and win the oscar she deserved with gone girl.

1*j08jnvm_Mi_9O33Em49Mbg.png

Wait not you being right for once!

Rise, Rosamund, rise :duca:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, McNulty said:

Both The Holdovers and American Fiction getting snubbed at the Screenplay category is shocking, considering they are the frontrunners for Best Original/Adapted screenplay at the Oscars

The Holdovers is the frontrunner? I guess original screenplay is way less competitive, unless Barbie gets to stay there.

And I would definitely bet on Oppenheimer or even Killers of the Flower Moon over American Fiction.

• ATRL Moderator

J. Law getting a well-deserved nomination for No Hard Feelings is exactly why the Golden Globes should exist. We love to see it!

• Like 1

They just watered down their awards with expansion to six per category. Practically everyone in contention got in. The BO category is just patronising. Where’s the tension? 

QueenofCopyPaste

Emma Stone

Sandra

Lily 

Annette

Carey

:jonny5:All showy/baity

Natalie's monologue

Competition is fierce. 

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

Randomly got rank #1 on GoldDerby for Golden Globes TV lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

We don’t need any limited tv categories.  A show is a show imo. 

Not really sure about it, however one thing is deleting the whole category, another just the supporting performances which is unfair to the other actors that were still part of those projects, especially when they just created a pointless boxoffice category.

• Like 2

Great to see Juno Temple, Jon Hamm for Fargo in the TV categories here. Season 5 is so good

The only big name snubbed from that splendid cast is legend JJL (as usual) hopefully SAG will throw her a bone for once

• Like 1

it seems like everyone got in especially with six nominations in each category ... except for Taraji P. Henson :dancehall: she's someone i always thought was overdue for an Oscar, but i guess this year isn't her year.

Annette Bening is definitely happening at the SAG Awards too (they also love Netflix over there) and I see her taking the place of one of the other frontrunners at the Oscars

QueenofCopyPaste

Sandra Huller is KINDA Coming

Anatomy of a Fall

and The Zone of Interest both getting loves

QueenofCopyPaste
18 minutes ago, kandicha said:

it seems like everyone got in especially with six nominations in each category ... except for Taraji P. Henson :dancehall: she's someone i always thought was overdue for an Oscar, but i guess this year isn't her year.

Anette Benning is WAY WAY WAY more overdue

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
On 12/7/2023 at 11:19 PM, Blue Monday said:

Bening is not happening lol

OOOP.

2 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OOOP.

If this is in reference to the Golden Globes, you should look at her history with them; they love her, and she definitely benefitted from the dual categories. If she's really a contender she needs to score a SAG nom.

• Like 2

Not “All the Light We Cannot See” and “The Crown” being nominated :rip: And “The Morning Show”? Apple payola strikes again. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Sandra Huller is KINDA Coming

We can only hope. The actual best performance! Even if she has no shot of winning.

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

When sandra wins best actress at the oscars in a suprise win

We wish, but if Penelope couldn't do it, Sandra ain't doing it.

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

Not really sure about it, however one thing is deleting the whole category, another just the supporting performances which is unfair to the other actors that were still part of those projects

that supporting miniseries category was invented 1 year ago

Edited by fridayteenage

I thought Napoleon and Ferrari would get some love her since it's their kind of movie but I guess they're really not happening 

5 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

that supporting miniseries category was invented 1 year ago

Thought they always had it like the Emmys, oh well, but my point still stands.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.