96th Academy Awards | Top Winners: Oppenheimer 7x, Poor Things 4x

WildAmerican

5 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

POOR THINGS IS OVER PERFORMING WOW

well gold derby predicted all of those noms.

except score b/c they didn't bother with that category.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

QueenofCopyPaste

I fear Ms. Anette will not have a chance again

:shakeno:

She's way overdue...

4 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Fake, they eliminated the supporting for limited series. Don’t know why Variety did that 

Oh. :deadbanana2: Why would Variety fabricate nominations? How bizarre! Thanks for letting me know. That's a shame.

2 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Oh. :deadbanana2: Why would Variety fabricate nominations? How bizarre! Thanks for letting me know. That's a shame.

And Billie getting a nom for Swarm is going around which is also fake :skull: 

7 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Wouldn't Barbie or Mario win by default :monkey:

stupid category lol

Should be like "the best Upon the biggest" and yeah sounds useless 

• Like 1

Dr. Alexander
26 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Hidden Figures wasn't nominated at the GG (with a 25 dec release too) and then got a Best picture nominee

Oh, I didn’t know this.

I need to actually watch Killers of the Flower Moon. I tried to watch it after work one day, and I fell asleep within 10 minutes 

Spoiler

but would get woken up by every scene with a gunshot :dies:

30 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Should be like "the best Upon the biggest" and yeah sounds useless 

If it's "the best Upon the biggest" then Oppenheimer is winning since it's the Best Picture contender between those nominees

7 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Oh, I didn’t know this.

I need to actually watch Killers of the Flower Moon. I tried to watch it after work one day, and I fell asleep within 10 minutes 

Reveal hidden contents

but would get woken up by every scene with a gunshot :dies:

Parasite wasn't nominated too and then even won. So it's not over yet, when a movie has a  really really late release can enter in the conversation late.

If it turnes into a big christmas box office hit like it was for hidden figures i see it nominated. 

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, Green said:

If it's "the best Upon the biggest" then Oppenheimer is winning since it's the Best Picture contender between those nominees

Barbie too.

Edited by vale9001

I don't see these movies like American fiction or even May december (which i very liked) to being that strong in the conversation and to take the momentum for another 2-3 months. Every year there aree little movies with festival releases are very discussed in the first part of the season but then at The Oscars you get the Jojo Rabbits too. 

Edited by vale9001

27 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Parasite wasn't nominated too and then even won. So it's not over yet, when a movie has a  really really late release can enter in the conversation late.

If it turnes into a big christmas box office hit like it was for hidden figures i see it nominated. 

parasite won foreign language film which at the time was the only best film category it was eligible for. also got nominated for directing/writing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/golden-globes-foreign-language-films-animated-movies-best-picture-1234976207/

People saying Benning is dead in the water (no pun intended) when she and Foster have been turning up in critic noms and now the Golden Globes; considering how the last couple years we have had nominees like Penélope Cruz, Kristen Stewart and Andrea Riseborough the idea that she can’t make it because the film isn’t liked or seen enough / she isn’t dominating the conversation at this stage feels wrongheaded.

All she needs to do is flex a bit and she can gain the votes she needs. It’s clear that her performance is liked, and she and Foster kill it together. 

• Like 3

yeah color purple could still get in if it gets $200 mil like hidden figures, or fellow musical les miz. 

i suppose into the woods didn't but it didn't have any Important angle. (same with fellow meryl musicals mamma mia & mary poppins returns)

1 hour ago, Almodusa said:

Fake, they eliminated the supporting for limited series. Don’t know why Variety did that 

It seemed weird to me that I was looking for this category and couldn't find it on the official site, totally absurd they eliminated it.

5 minutes ago, Leptine said:

It seemed weird to me that I was looking for this category and couldn't find it on the official site, totally absurd they eliminated it.

We don’t need any limited tv categories.  A show is a show imo. 

it's nice how obsessed they are with rosamund pike compared to other award shows.

A Private War - Drama nom

I Care a Lot - Comedy win

Saltburn - Supporting nom

can't wait for her to find the right project and win the oscar she deserved with gone girl.

1*j08jnvm_Mi_9O33Em49Mbg.png

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, pxxxtrick said:

Jonathan Bailey getting snubbed for Fellow Travelers ohh it’s OVER! 

no awards for supporting roles in miniseries :sadviolin:

• Like 1

Biggest surprises on gg

Cailee 

Joaquin for beau

Cage

Alma

Jury dutty since the format is weird

Rosamund

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 1

Nice to see the love for Rosamund, and all three of the big names from May December getting in.  But genuine question: how the hell is May December in comedy/musical?

Sad that Fall Of The House Of Usher was completely snubbed, but expected.

Both The Holdovers and American Fiction getting snubbed at the Screenplay category is shocking, considering they are the frontrunners for Best Original/Adapted screenplay at the Oscars

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.