96th Academy Awards | Top Winners: Oppenheimer 7x, Poor Things 4x

WildAmerican

I assume Al forgot to say “and the nominees are” but in that silence you’d think the producers would tell whoever plays the clips to start them right away before he announces. So idk 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

11 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

Category fraud biting her in the ass and Da'Vine still would have deserved to win over her

:sistrens:

How is it a supporting performance? Category is lead. In which dimension, Gladstone wasn't the lead actress in KOTFM?

Overall a pretty boring night. Barbie winning nothing (excluding Song), KOTFM winning nothing, Oppenheimer getting the most, is pretty revealing of the state of the industry. I'm glad Zone of Interest got some rewards, well deserved.

I feel bad for Stone as she def felt bad herself and knew she didn't need it. 

Edited by ctlp27

#hid

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

We gotta wait till the help request for the new thread gets answered :matty: 

BAFTA is the true winner this year, getting everything right except Best VFX. 

so deserving :clap3:

• Like 1

"What happened?" :toofunny3:

Here's how All of Us Strangers and May December can STILL win Oscars (45/x) :khalyan:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

dramaless oscars show :snowball:

anyways I'm happy for Billie and Emma but I'm kinda sad because I held on to the hope that The Holdovers / Poor Things would get Best Picture up to the very last minute

Still crying for Cillian and Miyazaki. TALENT really WON tonight :suburban:

Pundits can start to reevaluate themselves as pundits.

records The Boy and the Heron historic win broke :gaygacat4:

Spoiler

- First PG-13 animated film to ever win in the category
- First win for indie distributor GKIDS after 13 noms
- First animated film not win in any of the guild awards since their inception in 2005 with Wallace & Gromit (PGA)
- First animated film not to be nominated for ACE Eddie and still win the Oscar
- Second hand drawn animated film to win in the category after Spirited
- Second non english film and japanese animated film to ever win in the category after 21 years since spirited

- Second win for Ghibli, becoming the second non Disney/Pixar studio to have more than 1 win in the category
- Miyazaki gets again the recognition of being the oldest winner in the category at age 83, beating last year's  Gustafson for GDT'S Pinocchio who was 63 

• Like 5

This should've been her first win which would be for her best performance, but she stole Isabelle Huppert's Oscar in 2017!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

BAFTA is the true winner this year, getting everything right except Best VFX. 

which wasn't possible since poor things was Oscar snubbed, while Godzilla was bafta snubbed

G-1.0 records:

- First Japanese film to win Visual Effects (or even get the nomination)

- Takashi Yamazaki becomes the second director to win for their own movie in this category after Kubrick for 2001: A Space Odyssey

- Kiyoko Shibuya becomes the first woman of color to win and the 3rd woman overall after Sara Bennett (Ex Machina) and Suzanne M. Benson (Aliens)

I'd be really curious to see how the English dialogue in "Anatomy of the Fall" was handled. The level of English from Justine Triet and Arthur Harari, clearly aiming for a script half in English, makes me wonder why the translator or adaptor wasn't nominated for it. They can barely string together one sentence. Pretty embarrassing.

Also they should hire better writers for past winner speeches. Some were great and felt genuine about the person they were speaking about, others felt like they didn't even know the movie or the career (Lawrence for instance was atrocious to talk about Gladstone, Theron, Yeoh or Kingsley too, reading too much and felt like they just didn't care nor prepared for it)

Edited by ctlp27

1 minute ago, ctlp27 said:

I'd be really curious to see how the English dialogue in "Anatomy of the Fall" was handled. The level of English from Justine Triet and Arthur Harari, clearly aiming for a script half in English, makes me wonder why the translator or adaptor wasn't nominated for it. They can barely string together one sentence. Pretty embarrassing.

Also they should hire better writers for past winner speeches. Some were great and felt genuine about the person they were speaking about, others felt like they didn't even know the movie or the career (Lawrence for instance was atrocious to talk about Gladstone, Theron, Yeoh or Kingsley too, reading too much and felt like they just didn't care nor prepared for it)

I mean, it's a lot easier to take your time to write dialogue in another language than it is to speak it on the spot...

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

I mean, it's a lot easier to take your time to write dialogue in another language than it is to speak it on the spot...

Yet, how do you find it to be relatable and since if you REALLY don't speak it. No offense, but I could say the same about Zone of Interest if Glazer isn't speaking German. They won for script, well they def got someone to help with most of the dialogues.

14 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

Lawrence for instance was atrocious to talk about Gladstone,

i was baffled why she wasn’t doing Emma’s :rip: the other categories were really cute but the Best Actress one felt like they picked actresses who didn’t really know the ones they were introducing

Did anyone else notice Emma Stone completely snub Jessica Lang? I was taken back, not you Emma!

1 minute ago, slimfem said:

Did anyone else notice Emma Stone completely snub Jessica Lang? I was taken back, not you Emma!

too focused on her almost wardrobe malfunction I fear:suburban:

13 minutes ago, slimfem said:

She didn’t? She acknowledged her twice. Once right when she got on stage, the second time when she turned around and extended her hand to her.

15 minutes ago, slimfem said:

i thought she tried to acknowledge everyone on stage. robert downey jr snubbed ke huy quan though which was a bit awkward. 

Emma was so afraid that she would suffer wardrobe malfunction on stage and end up like Janet Jackson :suburban:

talent won this year except for ar dee jé

:suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.