96th Academy Awards | Top Winners: Oppenheimer 7x, Poor Things 4x

WildAmerican

4 hours ago, glacier76 said:

He is not that famous. He was not exactly a core four Riverdale character. He would not be that different from previous winners like Topher Grace, Ryan Gosling, Hilary Swank, Alicia Silverstone, Michael B Jordan, Alana Heim. 

alana haim was an actual acting debut, and has half a millon followers.

michael b jordan at the time of fruitvale station was not famous. this was before he even flopped in fantastic four.

the other ones are so long ago they're kinda from a different era. though i don't think anyone considers swank famous before 1999. even today a lot of people barely remember her despite her oscars. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

On 11/26/2023 at 12:30 PM, McNulty said:

I finally watched Oppenheimer, an excellent movie, however I don't understand the rave for RDJ's performance, it's a nothing performance not even worthy of a nomination. Matt Damon deserves the praise more

Same. I'm calling it now: The "due/his time" narrative people want him to have won't matter because several other contenders in his field could develop the same exact narrative with stronger performances. In the end, he doesn't even get that close to winning. 

If critics groups rally behind someone like Gosling or Ruffalo, which isn’t unlikely, I think it would be game over for him. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

Edited by Hector

Didn't see this coming but the screenplay is genius!

3 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

An incredibly left field choice. Will have to get around to this though I HATE the premise of the film. 

Yes!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, Hector said:

Yes!!!!!!

Bad news for her. Ny has had the worst record in the last decade

Loss

Snub

Snub

Snub

Snub

Loss

Loss

Loss

Loss 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.