• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

6 hours ago, Leptine said:

it's not really a bold prediction when it comes to Margot, this year competition is high in best actress, there are several good and interesting contenders with roles traditionally more in line with the Academy taste.

Yeah. Margot's great in the film and I'd be down for her to get nominated, but it's hard to see her doing well on a preferential ballot. Especially against the competition she has. She only gets in if Barbie is seriously win-competitive in Picture imo (which is very possible tbf). 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

I finally watched Oppenheimer, an excellent movie, however I don't understand the rave for RDJ's performance, it's a nothing performance not even worthy of a nomination. Matt Damon deserves the praise more

• Like 1

So... Alexander Payne is the director accused of statuary rape by Rose McGowan. Hollywood really hasn't learned nothing from the Weinstein era.

I hope Christopher Nolan takes Best Director. 

He totally deserves to win. 

:WAP:

Edited by Darkgalord

random predictions like 5 months out, just want to mark my thoughts so I can look back...

Best Picture - Oppenheimer
Best Director - Nolan
Best Actor in a Leading Role - Bradley Cooper
Best Actress in a Leading Role - Emma Stone
Best Actor in a Supporting Role - RDJ
Best Actress in a Supporting Role - Da'Vine Joyce Randolph
Best Original Screenplay - Barbie
Best Adapted Screenplay - Poor Things
Best Animated Feature Film - Spiderverse

QueenofCopyPaste

"The Holdovers"

Wow what a film. Can totally relate :jonny5:

To those spending the Xmas season alone, or those facing adversities , this movie is just perfect. 

• Like 2

Anatomy Of A Fall wins Best Screenplay at the Gotham Awards :clap3: 

Anatomy Of A Fall also wins Best International Feature at the Gotham Awards. :clap3: 

Edited by Hector

Okay, TASTE at this win :clap3: 

Edited by Hector

Oooh surprise win over Celine Song for Past Lives...

Outstanding Supporting Performance Winner: Charles Melton - May December :clap3: 

Edited by Hector

QueenofCopyPaste
On 11/21/2023 at 7:25 AM, ALittleGauche said:

The Holdovers touched me like no other. I hadn’t sobbed watching a movie like that since Little Women (Greta’s version). The main trio was fantastic. 

Me and my female cousin and uncle can personally relate to the trio.. In each way

Esp this Xmas season coming up sadly :weeps: 

Outstanding Lead Performance: Lily Gladstone - The Unknown Country

A performance that obviously won't make the Oscars but proves she has passion in the lead actress race.

Edited by Hector

26 minutes ago, Hector said:

Outstanding Supporting Performance Winner: Charles Melton - May December :clap3: 

the past two winners of this award won the Oscar, so he's kinda coming :clap3:

• Like 1

Best Feature Winner: PAST LIVES  :clap3: 

Edited by Hector
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

gotham in and of itself doesn't mean much, given recent winners deadwyler and faison, but still nice to see Past Lives win something when certain people are dragging its chances at a bp nom.

can see NYFCC going for Melton and I think he’s winning Breakthrough Actor at NBR also. might be the critics push for the remaining slot in Supporting

• Like 1

idk, he seems a bit too famous amongst his target audience to be considered a breakthrough. he has 6 million ig followers thanks mainly to riverdale

He is not that famous. He was not exactly a core four Riverdale character. He would not be that different from previous winners like Topher Grace, Ryan Gosling, Hilary Swank, Alicia Silverstone, Michael B Jordan, Alana Heim. 

Yeah I could see Melton getting some noms I kinda prefer him over RDJ.

He was the best character in May December, Moore ain’t getting anything and Natalie was just ok. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.