• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

On 11/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, Blue Monday said:

Inch resting!!! I'm mostly perched for Natalie to snatch her fourth nom but I'm dying to see the movie 

Oh I haven't seen the movie, just saying Cory M.S. is a much better actor than Melton

Saltburn was incredible.  Barry was great but I don't see him fully getting in. BAFTA will nominate him but he may miss SAG. Rosamund was marvelous and I'd love to see her in Supporting Actress with the film getting nominated in Original Screenplay.  Emerald DID THAT, the writing and direction are impeccable.  Jacob Elordi & Richard E Grant also great. The film is firmly in the top 5 of the year. There were FOUR scenes that left me so gagged :jonny5:

Oh and Colman Domingo or Bradley Cooper for the Best Actor Oscar. Both were incredible with the best showiest performances I've seen so far. Personal Best Actor ranking for me so far from GoldDerby's top 10:

01 Colman Domingo - Rustin

02 Bradley Cooper - Maestro 

03 Andrew Scott - All Of Us Strangers

04 Paul Giamatti - The Holdovers

05 Leonardo DiCaprio - Killers Of The Flower Moon

06 Barry Keoghan - Saltburn

07 Cillian Murphy - Oppenheimer (still don't get why he's the frontrunner other than Oppenheimer being so huge and loved and that it feels like "Nolan's time" to sweep)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, McNulty said:

all that praise and watch it debut with 70 on metacritic/RT

social embargo's are usually effusive and always positive. i'm sure it could be good, but also take those with a grain of salt...

Finally got to see May December yesterday and the hype was sooooooooo real. Julianne and Charles were fantastic, but Natalie should absolutely be sweeping Best Actress this year 

QueenofCopyPaste

Okay who has the showiest performance of the Award year Season so far?

Lead Actor/Lead Actress?

6 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Okay who has the showiest performance of the Award year Season so far?

Lead Actor/Lead Actress?

Lead Actor - Colman Domingo/Bradley Cooper/Paul Giamatti

Lead Actress - Emma Stone/Sandra Huller/Annette Bening (though I feel like Fantasia will have THE showiest in The Color Purple)

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
4 hours ago, Hector said:

Lead Actor - Colman Domingo/Bradley Cooper/Paul Giamatti

Lead Actress - Emma Stone/Sandra Huller/Annette Bening (though I feel like Fantasia will have THE showiest in The Color Purple)

thank you!

• Like 1

It feels like this year has so many potential movies in the running for the Oscars... And there will be more incoming :deadbanana2:

Compared to last year where the movies were somehow lackluster.

I need to watch May December, KOTFM, Saltburn, AOUS and Maestro as they are/will be showing in theaters now/soon. Which other movies should I see that are in the running? I;ve only watched Past Lives, Oppneheimer, How to Have Sex, Barbie, Anatomy of a Fall.

The Holdovers touched me like no other. I hadn’t sobbed watching a movie like that since Little Women (Greta’s version). The main trio was fantastic. 

• Like 2

Im making a bold prediction. 

Margot missing out on a nom for barbie for best actress. Ryan gosling will be the only one that gets in from that cast.

Edited by X~MoviePoP

7 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

I hadn’t sobbed watching a movie like that since Little Women (Greta’s version)

confused-gif.gif

4 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Margot missing out on a nom for barbie for best actress. Ryan reynolds will be the only one that gets in from that cast.

No he won't, considering he isn't in the film :wink: 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Margot missing out on a nom for barbie for best actress. Ryan gosling will be the only one that gets in from that cast.

Margot is probably getting a Golden Globe nom and that's it acting-wise. I love her performance but Best Actress is too competitive this year; she'll probably be getting a nom for producing Barbie though  

Edited by Blue Monday

QueenofCopyPaste

Anyone can recommend me 5 or more worthy Oscar-bait movies rn?

I'm into showy/subtle performances. Theatre or streaming releases :) Thanks

2 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Anyone can recommend me 5 or more worthy Oscar-bait movies rn?

I'm into showy/subtle performances. Theatre or streaming releases :) Thanks

The Holdovers, 100%. I predict it winning Best Picture over Oppenheimer in an upset. Its momentum is slowly gaining.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

The Holdovers, 100%. I predict it winning Best Picture over Oppenheimer in an upset. Its momentum is slowly gaining.

Payne films gets plenty of noms but they've only been liked enough for max one win, don't see any reason for that to change

On 11/21/2023 at 7:56 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

it's not really a bold prediction when it comes to Margot, this year competition is high in best actress, there are several good and interesting contenders with roles traditionally more in line with the Academy taste.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.