96th Academy Awards | Top Winners: Oppenheimer 7x, Poor Things 4x

WildAmerican

4 hours ago, RunBoyRun said:

Emma Stone was AMAZING in Poor Things. However.... I doubt she'll win. Gladstone has a way more traditional Oscar type role. (No shade.) Emma's is maybe a bit too out there for them. Plus, politics. It would make history. For the second year in a row for the Oscar's. No way they will pass that up. 

Both deserving of winning by the way.

the movie is more traditional oscar bait. but the role of suffering supporting wife actually is tons more likely to win in supporting.

anywho, the top 2 in screentime for each actress nominated film, per screentimecentral:

Emma Stone - 1:37:19 (68.77%)

Mark Ruffalo - 31:07 (21.99%) = 213% more than the runner up

Sandra Hüller (Anatomy of a Fall) - 1:14:39 / 49.25%

Milo Machado Graner - 47:43 / 31.48% = 56% more than the runner up

Annette Bening (Nyad) - 1:20:21 / 66.32%

Jodie Foster (Nyad) - 1:00:16 / 49.75% = 33% more than the runner up

Bradley Cooper (Maestro) - 1:32:57 / 70.83%

Carey Mulligan (Maestro) - 1:04:15 / 48.96% = Brad 45% more 

Leonardo DiCaprio - 1:49:59 / 53.38%

Lily Gladstone (Killers of the Flower Moon) - 56:13 / 27.29% = Leo 96% more 

Emma definitely dominates her movie much more than the others. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

Can someone sum the votes for the 7 ballots shared here at the end of the article? One thing is sure Oppie is winning BP and Director, and Best Actress is a shot in the dark:

10 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Queen Kate Winslet cried after watching Lily in Killers. 

I think we know who she's going to vote for :suburban:

Hanna Schmitz will vote for fellow N*zi Miss Hedwig Höss. :ryan3:

7 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

I'm choosing to believe your finger slipped and you mistakingly clicked on The Holdovers instead. :heart2:

I liked the Holdovers :heart2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

I liked the Holdovers :heart2:

at least i tried to give you the benefit of the doubt

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ce9j8kad30ozgwy5kl

17 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

at least i tried to give you the benefit of the doubt

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ce9j8kad30ozgwy5kl

I'm not required to like everything I watch whether its acclaimed or not

Edited by Insanity

whew the way Dune Part 2 is gonna enter the 2024-2025 awards season thread as the Best Picture frontrunner, the power that that has :jonny5:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Can someone sum the votes for the 7 ballots shared here at the end of the article? One thing is sure Oppie is winning BP and Director, and Best Actress is a shot in the dark:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1A_xbDm30Su93mzCJAK1imRPaVhbZc7dm9C115ev8V3k/mobilebasic

found on goldderby

• Like 1

Awards season is all year yup yup  :jonny5:

11 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Voter Ballot #6: “I’ve never seen a stronger actress lineup in all my years as an Academy member.” 

Actress: Annette Bening (“Nyad”)  :rip: :toofunny2:

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Rose said:

Poor Tingz, my vote for Best Picture :ryan3:

Moreno, King, Spencer: supporting actress

Lawrence: actress

Bad Bunny: song

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wehan6 said:

Thank you! It’s easier to track here the responses and it seems like everything is on lock besides Best Actor/Actress…

QueenofCopyPaste

it would take a miracle for Sandra to win at this point

but it can still happen :)

Rewatched Opp*nh*im*r and am more ok with Cillian's eventual win

The film itself still isn't even in the Top 5 of this year's BP lineup, Glazer should be winning Director, and RDJ doesn't deserve anything more than a career nom and that's the TEA 

:suburban:

• Like 1

GODenheimer deserves everything else but its messy screenplay shouldn't even be nominated. 

tumblr_pj8kk4WkFZ1xtwx3uo1_500.thumb.gif.5e7f81c291085756d6d04d1925e76db3.thumb.gif.f5d3bc346a0d25e284c050739ef4b28f.gif 

Edited by Kylizzle
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 7:33 PM, fridayteenage said:

the movie is more traditional oscar bait. but the role of suffering supporting wife actually is tons more likely to win in supporting.

anywho, the top 2 in screentime for each actress nominated film, per screentimecentral:

Emma Stone - 1:37:19 (68.77%)

Mark Ruffalo - 31:07 (21.99%) = 213% more than the runner up

Sandra Hüller (Anatomy of a Fall) - 1:14:39 / 49.25%

Milo Machado Graner - 47:43 / 31.48% = 56% more than the runner up

Annette Bening (Nyad) - 1:20:21 / 66.32%

Jodie Foster (Nyad) - 1:00:16 / 49.75% = 33% more than the runner up

Bradley Cooper (Maestro) - 1:32:57 / 70.83%

Carey Mulligan (Maestro) - 1:04:15 / 48.96% = Brad 45% more 

Leonardo DiCaprio - 1:49:59 / 53.38%

Lily Gladstone (Killers of the Flower Moon) - 56:13 / 27.29% = Leo 96% more 

Emma definitely dominates her movie much more than the others. 

If you're referring to Bella B. as the suffering wife, it's just not a typical performance. To the point of being too out there. That does hurt her chances. 

As I said before, politics will play a role once again. Emma Stone already has an Oscar and won't make history. That hurts her chances. It shouldn't but it does. I'm not saying she can't win but it's looking unlikely especially after the SAGs. 

If you were agreeing with me, sorry for the post.

the keyword was supporting...thus the rest of the post

I'm really not very motivated to watch Killers of the Flower Moon.... why 3 h 26 m :jonny5:

Ahh I see Miss Voyter got over the death of her idiot of a husband, finished the roof he coudln’t do and took up innkeeping as a side hustle. Queen of Sensible Economics :jonnycat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

GODenheimer deserves everything else but its messy screenplay shouldn't even be nominated. 

Nolan is a great director but a poor writer and definitely needs someone to co-write. His last three movies have major flaws and 2D characters. Oppenheimer is not the worst, even though it's very expositional.

On the other hand, I disagree with those who say that Gladstone is more of a supporting role. I hate comparing performances, but Emma Stone's all-in-your-face and over-the-top (for good, for a lot, for worse, IMO) performance might be more visible, but Gladstone's presence commands throughout the movie. In a way, I'd like to compare it to Amy Adams' part in The Master. Gladstone obviously has more screen time and material, but her acting is by far the best in this very strong category.

I hope that the Academy voters don't make the mistake of giving it to Stone, which I think is more appreciated by North American viewers than Europeans. I may be wrong about that.

I wouldn't be mad if Sandra gets it, but I really think Anatomy of a Fall is just a very basic unrealastic court drama that only appeals because it's 75% in English and Sandra's performance. I'd rather see her nominated for Zone of Interest, in which, like Gladstone, she has a presence that can be felt throughout the movie.

Sandra Huller surge benefits Gladstone because it splits the block of the international (or at least british) votes which are more in Stone's favour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.