• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hausofdave

• WildAmerican

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

good for them esp given the lack of Movie Names to get people in there.

Was rooting for Miyazaki which got 3rd.

tho I do remember Parasite got 3rd (with jojo winning), and then having a wonderful Oscar night anyway.

Edited by fridayteenage

Great for American Fiction, the boost will be super helpful. Jeffrey Wright is firmly in the BA convo now and maybe the movie as a whole too.

it's interesting b/c scorsese's apparently directed 1 oscar winning performance in the last 32 years. 

Does 32 years include Goodfellas? Because then that’d be Joe Pesci and Cate Blanchett. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The only woc directed woc nominated was playing Harriet Tubman so I have Greta out atm

probably.

currently the only person nominated for multiple baftas and multiple (individual film) sags, with 0 oscar noms.

Pretty sure Blunt is straight up winning Supp Actress now that Gladstone is going lead

Edited by Dark Miracles

I just watched Past Lives, what a great film. Not sure if Greta’s acting was enough to get her in the discussion but she was really good.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, fridayteenage said:

The only woc directed woc nominated was playing Harriet Tubman so I have Greta out atm

Considering it took nearly 100 years for an Asian actress to even be nominated for Best Actress, I knew it was unlikely it would happen again so soon :deadbanana4: 

1 hour ago, Mr. Duff said:

I just watched Past Lives, what a great film. Not sure if Greta’s acting was enough to get her in the discussion but she was really good.

Teo Yoo and her gave a masterfully subtle performance but yeah I don't think they will get in because of how competitive their categories is this year

babe wake up film updates actors to watch just dropped

Spoiler

the way they're trying to be a serious thing :dies: 

2 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

babe wake up film updates actors to watch just dropped

Hide contents

the way they're trying to be a serious thing :dies: 

I love them but they are not serious people. their taste is questionable

• Haha 1

Just saw MAY DECEMBER at the New York Film Festival.

Spoiler

An unsettling, eerie, yet riveting film.  The movie subverts your expectations, especially by the second and third acts. Jawdropping screenplay at times with Natalie,  Julianne,  and Charles Melton giving rich performances. He hopefully is seen as a good contender in at least one of the precursors. And it has one of the most ominous original scores I've heard in a while,  basically becoming the bridge to each scene as its' own living,  breathing character.

There were scenes of Natalie's performance as Elizabeth the actress that had elements to Cate Blanchett in TAR.

Edited by Hector

Past Lives is cute and not much else. Made me sleepy and didn't move me at all.

Barbie had a few fun moments, a couple interesting plot points but overall it's just... whatever. Which is high praise considering the absolute god awful turd i was expecting :rip:

Those might be the only contenders i've seen so far, which ones are available for me to watch at home, ladies ?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Those might be the only contenders i've seen so far, which ones are available for me to watch at home, ladies ?

AIR

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Blackberry (Supporting Actor)

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.