The Netherlands Has The Tallest People In The World. Why?

AbeHicks

The ten tallest countries:

1.     The Netherlands 72.36 inches
  2.     Montenegro 72.13 inches
  3.     Denmark 71.89 inches
  4.     Norway 71.81 inches
  5.     Serbia 71.65 inches
  6.     Germany 71.26 inches
  7.     Croatia 71.06 inches
  8.     The Czech Republic 70.97 inches
  9.     Slovenia 70.98 inches
  10.     Luxembourg 70.83 inches

Top ten countries with the shortest average height:

1.     Indonesia 62.2 inches
  2.     Bolivia 62.9 inches
  3.     The Philippines 63.7 inches
  4.     Vietnam 63.82 inches
  5.     Cambodia 63.98 inches
  6.     Nepal 64.17 inches
  7.     Ecuador 64.37 inches
  8.     Sri Lanka 64.41 inches
  9.     Nigeria 64.49 inches
  10.     Peru 64.57 inches

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/average-height-by-country

maxresdefault.jpg

They also bald the fastest so maybe that's why

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

They also bald the fastest so maybe that's why

Most of you have receding hairlines in this forum too though and ya'll aren't dutch

16 minutes ago, Joyride said:
  •     Denmark 71.89 inches
  •     Norway 71.81 inches

love this

Is this because of the rivalry between the 2 countries? I am only aware of it because of the tv show "ghosts".

22 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

Most of you have receding hairlines in this forum too though and ya'll aren't dutch

It was a joke. Cause OPs question is stupid. And no I'm half Asian so I don't have a receding hairline but thank you for caring

Genetics Is linked to the Need to survive in your natural context so people living there (all the countries are scandivian, North Europe or baltics countries) millenia ago need to be tallest to find food, killing animals and so on.

As someone not from the Netherlands who now lives there, the running joke I have with my friends is that they’re all that tall so their heads will stay above water when it inevitably floods again, since half the country is below sea level. 

9 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

What about their dick size

Proportional to the height in my experience :gaycat5:

All those European countries being giants damn is that how they were able to colonize :deadbanana2:

RockStarShit101
22 minutes ago, Cheers said:

All those European countries being giants damn is that how they were able to colonize :deadbanana2:

:deadbanana4:

33 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Most of those countries never colonized anyone or got colonized themselves :rip: 

Edited by Navy4Life

1 hour ago, AbeHicks said:

I'm looking at the link you provided and I really cannot believe that men in North Korea are at nearly 1.75m (5'9"), considering how little food regular people have due to the famines. South Korea's and China's heights for men are also surprisingly high. I doubt older men, who lived through the harder post-independence years, would have been able to grow that tall. (For younger men, yes, I may agree.)

For Spain, it seems like men in mainland Spain are taller than me (1.74m, 5'8"), but for the men in the Canary Islands, a lot of them seem shorter than me.

Idk how true this is, but I'm from The Netherlands and I once heard it's partly because we (used to) drink WAY more milk than the average person and eat a lot of milk products (like yoghurt) too. There's just a lot of protein in milk which help you grow and it contains lot of natural (and maybe artificially added through animal food?) growth hormones. 

Must have some kind of cultural cause too: tall men are often deemed more handsome, maybe giving them some kind of evolutionary benefit

Anyways, I'm 187cm (73,6 inches), looking down at all of you :gaycat2:

22 minutes ago, pavi said:

Idk how true this is, but I'm from The Netherlands and I once heard it's partly because we (used to) drink WAY more milk than the average person and eat a lot of milk products (like yoghurt) too. There's just a lot of protein in milk which help you grow and it contains lot of natural (and maybe artificially added through animal food?) growth hormones. 

Must have some kind of cultural cause too: tall men are often deemed more handsome, maybe giving them some kind of evolutionary benefit

Hey daddy :gaycat4:

Historically, Being big &/or tall helped stores more energy for the winter months. They were also more likely to survive/be more effective in battle, which led to the “returning soldier effect“ so there’s that too, so mostly it was probably sexual selection with all those things and more in mind. 

32 minutes ago, pavi said:

There’s a very interesting correlation between the Vikings and the Mongols when it comes to milk. Both cultures consumed milk as their main source of protein and both empires had some of the strongest, most powerful soldiers. This is why I low key can’t with frail bodied, lactose intolerant ppl out here trying to create this narrative that dairy milk is the devil. Raw milk has tons of benefits. 

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

As someone not from the Netherlands who now lives there, the running joke I have with my friends is that they’re all that tall so their heads will stay above water when it inevitably floods again, since half the country is below sea level. 

Came to say this nnnn

1 hour ago, Navy4Life said:

Most of those countries never colonized anyone or got colonized themselves :rip: 

The Netherlands most certainly did though :mandown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.