Your favorite Ghibli film?

CottageHore

Definitely tough to choose but Totoro, howl's moving castle and marnie are close to my heart :heart:

Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, and Castle In The Sky :jonny6: 

Spirited Away, I know its the basic answer but that movie is pure perfection

Honorable mention for Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa :giraffe:

Edited by Orsay

Laputa and Totoro have always been my favorites, Pom Poko and Howl's Moving Castle are very close though.

I always thought it was spirited away up until I saw princess mononoke - one of the best films ever made and a beautiful allegory 

Kiki’s Delivery Service. Castle In The Sky and My Neighborhood Totoro are my top 3, followed by Spirted Away. Princess Mononoke and Nausicaä 

Princess Mononoke

Grave of Fireflies

Totoro

in that order.

Spirited Away is cute too but I never understood why it's considered one of the best.

Howl's Moving Castle.

Spirited Away

they're all so good :jonny3: um i guess Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke tied for my fav? but Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, and Kiki's Delivery Service are all classics as well

KiKi’s Delivery Service. I watched it the other day and it’s still just as good as it was when I was a child

Spirited Away is my all time favourite film and such a beautiful movie. I also love Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies is the most heartbreaking movie I’ve ever soon. You should visit the Ghibli museum in Tokyo if you ever get the chance, it was really an incredible experience.

7 hours ago, Robert said:

Spirited Away is my all time favourite film and such a beautiful movie. I also love Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies is the most heartbreaking movie I’ve ever soon. You should visit the Ghibli museum in Tokyo if you ever get the chance, it was really an incredible experience.

Taste is in the room with us here right now.  

And I wanna go to Tokyo so badly. If I ever do, I’m definitely doing this.

hard to choose. I had a ghibli rewatch during the first lockdown and the ones I remember enjoying (in various ways) the most were:

Spirited Away - a classic that I even had in VHS as a young child

Princess Mononoke - just beautiful story telling

Princess Kaguya - the art style really resonated with me and the last shot (head tilt) really struck me.

Grave Of The Fireflies - this ALSAYS breaks me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.