Your favorite Ghibli film?

CottageHore

Everyone always talks about Disney movies, but what about the superior Ghibli movies? Ghibli makes me feel so nostalgic and cozy and warm.

What’s your favorite Ghibli film?

The first I ever saw was “Ponyo” when I was like 11 and now I have Ponyo tattoo’d on me :gaygacat5:

My fave Ghibli movie is Spirited Away, though. Likely my favorite film of all time. Kiki, Totoro, and Howl’s Castle are all runner ups!

spacer.png

They're all so good it's hard to choose :chick3: but Spirited Away is a classic for a reason. The animation, the story, the characters, the score, it all comes together perfectly.

Princess Mononoke would be my runner up, the storyline is almost better than SA honestly, but SA has the upper hand in everything else.

My Neighbor Totoro & Spirited Away are the ones I've seen. MNT is my fave though cuz its so cute

Whisper of the Heart is adorable. I love a simple love story. I have to say that… but From Up on Poppy Hill is an underrated CLASSIC. Everyone sleeps on it!

Special shout out to Arrietty and Only Yesterday :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Poxy said:

Whisper of the Heart is adorable. I love a simple love story. I have to say that… but From Up on Poppy Hill is an underrated CLASSIC. Everyone sleeps on it!

Special shout out to Arrietty and Only Yesterday :clap3:

I hear it’s one of the most heartbroken films ever. I’ve been wanting to watch it but it’s not on HBOmax so I just haven’t taken the time 

2 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

I hear it’s one of the most heartbroken films ever. I’ve been wanting to watch it but it’s not on HBOmax so I just haven’t taken the time 

Oooh you might be thinking of Grave of the Fireflies instead! Poppy Hill is on there, but Fireflies isn’t 

Edited by Poxy

Spirited Away, no contest.

8 minutes ago, Poxy said:

Oooh you might be thinking of Grave of the Fireflies instead! Poppy Hill is on there, but Fireflies isn’t 

Ope yes, that’s what I meant! I still haven’t seen Poppy Hill yet, but that’s next on the list :jonnycat:

The trinity is Kiki's..., Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away

Stereotypical answer but I have to give it to Spirited Away :giraffe:

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya - the way it's drawn, the music and its story are just everything to me. 

22b399835ed8c7187858c7250a049f79.gif

followed closely by Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I love its postapocalyptic, anti-war, nature centered theme.

spacer.png

Spirited Away and Nausicaa :heart:

Grave of the fireflies but I'll never watch it again

Spirited Away. I tried watching Totoro for years now but cant get past the first like 20 mins. I'm getting a SA tatt and my artist said Princess Mononoke is just as good, if not better! Will have to give it a watch eventually.

6 minutes ago, Richmond said:

Spirited Away. I tried watching Totoro for years now but cant get past the first like 20 mins. I'm getting a SA tatt and my artist said Princess Mononoke is just as good, if not better! Will have to give it a watch eventually.

I’m getting a SA tattoo next! Can’t wait 

Only Yesterday :jonnycat:

When Marnie Was There

Spirited Away

The Tales of Princess Kaguya

in that order is my top 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.