Marvel gagged by Ant Man BOMB, "time for less sequels'

Bhabylon

From Deadline

Disney CEO Bob Iger says the company still is being “very careful” with developing Star Wars feature films in the wake of Solo‘s soft box office, while Marvel is also getting a rethink in terms of how many sequels characters get.

In an appearance at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference, Iger was asked an open-ended question about the health of tentpole brands Lucasfilm, Marvel and Pixar, along with the main Disney brand. The exec, who returned to the corner office in November, built his reputation on engineering the acquisitions of those outside companies during his previous stint as CEO.

“I think a lot of all of them — they’re all my babies, in a way,” the exec mused.

With Marvel, he said, “there are 7,000 characters, there are a lot more stories to tell. What we have to look at at Marvel is not necessarily the volume of Marvel stories we’re telling but how many times we go back to the well on certain characters. Sequels typically work well for us. Do you need a third and a fourth, for instance, or is it time to turn to other characters?”

Iger didn’t get specific, but his comments came less than three weeks after the release of Marvel Cinematic Universe entry Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. The third Ant-Man film has grossed more than $450 million globally but drew tepid response from critics and posted a 69% second-weekend drop in the U.S., the steepest by any MCU title to date.

The McDonalds of Hollywood is a bit shook after the failure that was Ant Man 3. Thoughts?

Lady Gaga GIF

No Wanda no streams I fear

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

spacer.png

i’d be gagged too…

It’s time for the Wandaverse to take over, enough of these lessers. Bring on The Scarlet Witch at full force 

Well they'd better prepare themselves for the nuclear failure that will be the Captain Marvel sequel :rip:

Spoiler

I'm a huge fan and I'm really looking forward to the movie (before the two rabid MCU stans here come for me)

Edited by HotFriedChicken

Haven't watched any of their movies or shows since Endgame

It doesn't help that Avatar 2 CGI looked 70 years more advanced than Marvel 

I don’t know what they were thinking putting so much money into an Ant Man film it’s always been one of the least successful of the franchise. Kang is only a draw for comic book fans I know they were thinking he would make the film a success . 

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

Haven't watched any of their movies or shows since Endgame

It doesn't help that Avatar 2 CGI looked 70 years more advanced than Marvel 

Wandavision and Shang Chi are worth a try. The rest are ok and the bad ones are Thor and Ant man 3

I mean this is the 3rd movie and he’s not one of the most popular superheroes, in the midst of this marvel hate I’m not sure why they’re surprised 

this phase of marvel has been the pits. im glad i checked out after avengers. i liked black panther 2 but even it didn't touch the original. lupita was vastly underused.

thor flop and thunder also did that :clap3:

It's what they deserve.. 

The gp finally see through Their stupid humor and poorly made CGI.. 

The writing is getting worse with every film. 

18 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Well they'd better prepare themselves for the nuclear failure that will be the Captain Marvel sequel :rip:

Hide contents

I'm a huge fan and I'm really looking forward to the movie (before the two rabid MCU stans here come for me)

the way it got delayed bc they're scared:dies:

Guardians Of The Galaxy will be the real test for them , if it underperform they are over 

They’re finished. As a fan of marvel, I can say a big portion of their fanbase aren’t happy with the TV shows and new superhero’s introduced after ‘Infinity War’. I stopped watching their movies since Spider-Man 3 (2021), they ****** up the new phase so bad and for so long and I can’t see how they could possibly redeem themselves.

The Quantumania writer handling the next Avengers movie, the upcoming 'The Marvels' movie testing horrendously, Disney+ spin-offs bombing left and right. 

29xp-meme-mobileMasterAt3x-v3.jpg

OMCUH eating good. Time for talent to start returning to the cinema. 

It makes me so happy to see that Marvel is finally dying out. :jonny5:

The overexposure is real and they need to rethink their strategy by focusing on quality, not quantity.

JustLikeHoney

Ant-Man was never a real money maker. It needs to be a 100M to 130M budget movie. For it to see any profit. It was like 200M budget t probably more. The last Thor was 250M budget and it was God awful. And it brought in 761M, a joke. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.