BBC: “Miley Cyrus is the ultimate 21st Century pop star”

channelbangerz

From pop-rock to R&B and country-disco, the chameleonic Miley Cyrus has done it all. With single Flowers a huge hit and new album Endless Summer Vacation out today, Nick Levine pays tribute to her shape-shifting abilities.

Cyrus's successful shapeshifting reflects not just her own musical versatility, but also the unusually fluid musical era that she is navigating. "Even just a couple of years ago, it might have been [seen as] a bit strange for a big star who is known for one style of music to put out something in another style. But these days, it's pretty commonplace," says McIntyre. Still, he also believes that Cyrus can ride the genre-blurring wave so confidently because she has developed a genuinely distinctive voice. "We recognise her way of writing, whether [she is singing] a rock song, pop song or something else," he says. It would be a little pat to suggest that every pivot she makes can be explained by quoting See You Again's famous lyric: "She's just being Miley." However, 16 years after she branched out from Hannah Montana, there is no denying that Cyrus has built a formidable identity as a true musical chameleon. Whatever lane she decides to drive down next, people will be paying attention.”

And they’re right! :coffee2:

Gorgeous article denoting Miley’s legendary career (so far!). Read

yas mama :clap3:

I really hope the album doesn’t suck, I’ve been avoiding all leaks and soggy loose ATRL bottoms opinions so hard :hawkeye:

Exactly. And I told her, I said: ma'am, you're the ultimate 21st century pop star

:jonnycat:

She really ignored all the trends and expectations of her, and charted her own course the way she wanted. And now it's paying off in huge dividends :clap3:

Why would they blatantly lie like this? 

12 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Why would they blatantly lie like this? 

Go fight dragons heaux!

1 minute ago, channelbangerz said:

Go fight dragons heaux!

Sounds fun tbh :giraffe:

7 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Sounds fun tbh :giraffe:

Go fight dragons with fightdragonswithme heaux!

They didn’t lie :clap3:

We love a musical chameleon :clap3:

Weeknd ,Taylor, Rihanna, Ed and Bruno are the only one who came close to this title 

Everyone else is just smokes and mirrors

I have to agree :clap3: 

There are defintely artists out there bigger than her, but Miley just has this unique and grabbing influence that supercedes her chart performance :clap3: 

These major publications need to stop stans from writing articles.

And they would be right :clap3: she'll go down in history as one of the boldest, most exciting and interesting figures in pop.

She has one comeback song after many flops and suddenly she's the utlimate 21th century pop star? Ok...

Edited by Enrique523

She’s definitely a candidate — fitting that she’s starting to get her flowers this era :clap3:

10 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

She has one comeback song after many flops and suddenly she's the utlimate 21th century pop star? Ok...

It’s not even mentioning any number-based figure or statistic, just the artistry, but stay pressed. Miley had at least one memorable and lasting moment with all of her eras regardless how well the album ended up doing. She’s also a mega-star since her debut and will probably never be irrelevant. So yes, the ultimate popstar. 

4 hours ago, Nano said:

These major publications need to stop stans from writing articles.

I don’t think it was a stan. The UK and BBC love Miley deep! She gave BBC their most viewed cover and so many iconic moments (No Tears Left To Cry, My Future, Nothing Breaks Like A Heart, Summertime Sadness) and Miley never really underperformed in the UK besides Younger Now (sans Malibu). So it makes sense considering the source. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.