Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

6 hours ago, Wonderland said:

It just blows my mind that Kim is one of the most popular LGBT artists in the world and no one at her label's management seems to be able to grasp the direction they need to take to be successful with her.

nobody says it but there's still a clear gap in how female vs male artists are treated, especially a trans woman. compare her push with Troye Sivan for example

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

11 minutes ago, Saint James said:

nobody says it but there's still a clear gap in how female vs male artists are treated, especially a trans woman. compare her push with Troye Sivan for example

What push has Troye actually had because his label gives him budget and things, but he’s kinda a flop. His music is just acclaimed and he has a single (typically not one of his own) that does well every couple of years or so and that’s about it :toofunny3:

Gave it another chance, yeah they definitely screwed up by not going full out dance. Absolutely nobody wanted trap pop, the fact there's not even a drop at the end is just criminal. Deserved to flop wasting one of the best dance songs of all time like that 

1 hour ago, zasderfght said:

Very, very interesting. I get the label shelving the album due to underwhelming sales, but being completely honest, what kind of numbers was her label thinking she was going to do? I love Era 1/Clarity/Problematique Kim, but we all know she was never going to be an MPG. 

This is why they were and continue to be delusional. They expect Kim to smash and be the next Gaga/Ariana. They’re sick. 

Also- where is the damn video??? It’s Friday! 

Top 40 in UK & Ireland :clap3:

First top 40 hit for Kim in the UK as a lead & second entry as a lead overall (RUTH sneaked in at #100) :clap3:

They need to drop the video and a cute DJ remix for the gay clubs

2 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

- Republic gave her a false promise: she signed with Problématique ready to go and wanted Steven Klein to shoot the cover. Then after the singles didn’t do well the label lost hope in the project 

- This forthcoming album is just her playing the label’s game in hopes that they’ll let her release what she wants in the future 

This is the most ****** up thing Republic did to her. She literally signed a deal with an album ready to go. I wonder what their expenses would've been had they let her release it. Because the songs were obviously written by her and produced by people close to her. It was such an easy release and it would actually have made some noise for Kim. Now she's in such a bad position even more considering Alone is a colossal flop. Didn't she say the MV was coming this week?? If they shelve it :deadbanana2:

She said the MV was coming this week and now everything is radio silent.

Shelved

When Nicki asked Kim when it was dropping on Queen Radio Kim said “this week” but sounded very hesitant. 

I wonder what the hold up is. They need to drop a MV trailer and announcement of release date. That should’ve happened Monday and the video should’ve been out today… :doc:

29 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Her team is consistent in fumbling the bag each and every time :toofunny3: 

It’s almost like they’re being paid to make her flop it’s that comical :deadbanana:

On 4/26/2023 at 1:03 AM, SchmoodRing said:

cgi? nothing is wrong with the way nicki looks. yikes at you even thinking suggesting such an extreme is ok

Ma’am :toofunny3: ….it’s cause nicki always green screens her parts of videos from just the chest up and can’t be bothered to show up on set 

edit:  you know what idk what they meant now lol cause I watched the PD video after commenting and she’s fully in it. But imma assume it’s cause she green screens a lot but hew knows :toofunny3:

Edited by Gavin.

8 minutes ago, Helios said:

I love the extended version. I need it on spotify NOW. :jonny5:

6 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

I think you need Spotify Premium. But I’ll give a short summary about the interesting parts 

- Basically what she wants us to know is that none of this was what she wanted to happen. She had no control over the album being shelved, she still hopes to release it one day

- Republic gave her a false promise: she signed with Problématique ready to go and wanted Steven Klein to shoot the cover. Then after the singles didn’t do well the label lost hope in the project 

- She has no idea who leaked the album, she doesn’t even have the versions of the songs that leaked 

- This forthcoming album is just her playing the label’s game in hopes that they’ll let her release what she wants in the future 

Not Republic thinking FSN and Coconuts would make any noise after the non-existent promo (aside of VMA's red carpet and EMA) + messy schedule + forgetting that she never had a charting single before at that point :deadbanana4: she was basically unknown

And i assumed this album would just be her playing the rules by her label. She didn't even wrote Alone, her name was added to the final credits but she wasn't registered on it... just like other artists do for royalties. Also she always made it clear that she likes creating concept albums and now she's coming with something "all over the place"...

I'll listen to the interview later :duca:

2 hours ago, ptolemaea said:

SO... are we getting a dance version of this?

If they were going to release it we would have it already.

2 hours ago, Gavin. said:

Ma’am :toofunny3: ….it’s cause nicki always green screens her parts of videos from just the chest up and can’t be bothered to show up on set 

edit:  you know what idk what they meant now lol cause I watched the PD video after commenting and she’s fully in it. But imma assume it’s cause she green screens a lot but hew knows :toofunny3:

It's confirmed that she was on the set with Kim tho and last time Nicki used green screen was probably IDOL remix + Woman Like Me in 2018? I might be wrong tho

2 hours ago, Wonderland said:

It’s almost like they’re being paid to make her flop it’s that comical :deadbanana:

Literally :rip: 

Alone is such a no brainer and sure-fire way to a hit. 

Anything but the MV…..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.