Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

It could've used a bit more Kim ad-libs later in the song and given us an instrumental bridge into a more explosive final chorus after the third chorus, but the song is fine regardless. I'll still wear it out :katie2:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

Idk why these artists refuse to push a song to its limits anymore. You can still build up to a climax in under 3 and a half minutes and still get your stupid ass quick streams. 

Kim used to give us huge climaxes with crazy ad libs. She was giving us what no other pop girls had given us for years and now all her songs are so damn short and they kind of go nowhere. It’s so annoying watching these talented artists dilute themselves the moment they get signed. :gaycat6:

6 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Idk why these artists refuse to push a song to its limits anymore. You can still build up to a climax in under 3 and a half minutes and still get your stupid ass quick streams. 

Kim used to give us huge climaxes with crazy ad libs. She was giving us what no other pop girls had given us for years and now all her songs are so damn short and they kind of go nowhere. It’s so annoying watching these talented artists dilute themselves the moment they get signed. :gaycat6:

Because she’s allergic to serving 

2 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Because she’s allergic to serving 

She needs to get back to being a serving queen as Lana would say (yes, that’s the lyric) :giraffe:

Just now, CottageHore said:

She needs to get back to being a serving queen as Lana would say (yes, that’s the lyric) :giraffe:

She could have at least took some notes from the Fingerblast Chanteuse and added some seasoning to the bland ass trap beats

She should confirm the album title so i could already scrobble the singles with it

wendy-williams.gif

28 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

She saw the comments and couldn't care less

FuHurqzWYAA30FN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now get used to this BOP as it is

wendy-williams.gif

:ahh::deadbanana: 

her first good song in awhile. This is actually cute!

the chorus > the verses tho 

Edited by Bussea

The problem isn’t even that it’s “trap” my issue is there is virtually all build up with no payoff. The best could have used some more OOMPH

I don't resonate with anything she's done after Clarity, which I loved. It's like, she stopped giving us the straight-forward pop numbers, and is now chasing trends and "cool factor", or commercial success. Idk but it makes me sad cause I really loved everything she's done pre-**** Pop.

Happy for her to reaching new heights though. I'll see what the album gives. Didn't care for Jesus, Brrr was whatever honestly....and I'm not hyped for this either. Good sample choice but the sampling trend is so tired right now and not giving great results.

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

wendy-williams.gif

Yes Kim! Control the narrative. 

Don’t let the RuPaul drag race’s demographic run you! We’re aiming for suburban soccer moms anyways. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

wendy-williams.gif

:redface:

I haven‘t listened to any snippet or l-word so far, I might be in for a (bad) surprise

wendy-williams.gif

6 hours ago, CottageHore said:

This. I can't wait for this short song fad to die.

7 hours ago, CottageHore said:

Considering ATRL hates it, it’s safe to say millennials do not like it. This site is full of old senile hags :giraffe:

The aggression. Sis for what? :deadbanana:

6 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

wendy-williams.gif

The way she can't handle criticism...

She's in for a rude awakening when the song drops I fear 

This is boring! The chorus doesn't really work with the verses.

The problem is there are already too many songs sampling europop songs better than this...

There's a remix on you know where and it's exactly what the song should have been

8 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

wendy-williams.gif

Kim is in for a rude awakening if she's only now realizing what her main demographic is :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.