• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sergi91

• Trent W

• iknowplaces

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gatito said:

she's white and spaniard basically christopher columbus great great grear granddaughter

OT: only karol g is actually latina what is this troll thread

:redface: 

Karol is the only real Latina there, the rest are just "Mi gente latino” 

:rip:

10 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

:redface: 

Karol is the only real Latina there, the rest are just "Mi gente latino” 

:rip:

There’s no such thing as a “real Latina”.

Everyone mentioned in the OP are Latinas regardless if they were born in Latin America or in the USA. 

Threads like these are both full of fascinating informations and a cackle 

2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

There’s no such thing as a “real Latina”.

Everyone mentioned in the OP are Latinas regardless if they were born in Latin America or in the USA. 

That is not true. Being generations removed from one latino ancestor doesn't make you latina aka Demi Lovato. 

If anything Selena can be considered Latina since her father is actually Mexican 

3 minutes ago, 305 said:

That is not true. Being generations removed from one latino ancestor doesn't make you latina aka Demi Lovato. 

If anything Selena can be considered Latina since her father is actually Mexican 

That’s just your opinion. They are all Latinas whether you like it or not. 

they’re almost all white Latinas :gaycat6: but girls like Selena G, Camila and Xtina are Latina imo, just white Latinas. Tons of ppl in the US who are white Latino still identify as Latino :michael: but it’s probably different for every country

25 minutes ago, Orsay said:

they’re almost all white Latinas :gaycat6: but girls like Selena G, Camila and Xtina are Latina imo, just white Latinas. Tons of ppl in the US who are white Latino still identify as Latino :michael: but it’s probably different for every country

Imo if one of your parents is directly from a Latin American country yes you are latino.

After 2-3 generations not anymore. Like idk Demi imo is a gringa.

Becky G next :clap3: 

JustLikeHoney
2 hours ago, naval23 said:

Jennifer Lopez & Nelly Furtado | LatinGRAMMY.com

we stan Latin Grammy winners :clap3:

Nelly's parents are European from Portugal. She's not Latina. She is white European. 

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

That’s just your opinion. They are all Latinas whether you like it or not. 

It's not my opinion its a fact. Having a latino great great great grandparent does not a latino make.

59 minutes ago, Orsay said:

Not sure why you're grouping in Camila when she was literally born in Cuba, then lived in Mexico before moving to Miami (which is essentially a Latin area in its own right)

1 hour ago, Orsay said:

Selenas dad looks mestizo and so does Camilas parent from Mexico. Christina is the one who is the most European but even she has like 12% native American from her father, fausto

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

NGL Rosalia is super talented and a future legend

But every time people confuse her as latina, I think is honestly insulting for latinos.

Us Spinards have no business in latino culture.

One of the few cases were I would say it’s actual cultural appropriation.

Most of us Latinos love Rosalia so we don't mind, but I find the memes hilarious

:ahh: 

3 hours ago, gerardsuxx said:

I think only Karol is a real Latina nnn

The Latinx hate and ignorance on this forum is concerning.

Karol G is from a Latin American country, so yes, she is Latina, but she's also Colombiana first and foremost.

But you could also be born in the US, and have roots to Latin American countries. That is what Latinidad is all about, and why these women are Latinas.

3 hours ago, naval23 said:

Jennifer Lopez & Nelly Furtado | LatinGRAMMY.com

we stan Latin Grammy winners :clap3:

i always assumed JLO at least has a Latin Grammy but no, nada. the Grammys hate her so much it extends to the Latin Grammys :deadvision:

:clap3:Linda

Edited by Jolin Tsai

4 hours ago, gatito said:

she's white and spaniard basically christopher columbus great great grear granddaughter

OT: only karol g is actually latina what is this troll thread

:toofunny3:

4 hours ago, toxicLambBot said:

Mariah’s paternal great grandmother was from Venezuela 

Not great grandmother :skull: 

well in that case where fergie @Pikachoo ??

The Black Eyed Peas released their fifth studio album, The E.N.D, in June 2009. It became their highest charting album in the US, reaching number one.

Fergie’s great-grandmother on her father’s side was born in Guanajuato, in central Mexico.

In a 2008 interview with Latina magazine, Fergie quipped about her Mexican roots: “I’m very proud of it; that’s probably where I get my fire!”

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

if one of your parents is directly from a Latin American country yes you are latino.

This is literally common sense. Anyone who has at least one Latin parent can claim to be a Latino/a, regardless of their race or language skills.

3 hours ago, izzyinsane said:

How is Mariah Latina? :rip:

:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.