STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Beyoncé or Taylor Swift – Bigger after 17 years into their careers?

Feanor

Beyoncé or Taylor Swift…  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Who was bigger after 17 years into their respective careers?

• Beyoncé
    • Taylor Swift

Taylor is bigger than Beyoncé 17 years in but Beyoncé is still absolutely massive.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *-ChriZ-*

• WildHeart

• The Music Industry

• bijonse

Taylor is to the white community that Bey is to the black community. They have fans of all kinds, obviously, but bffr. Beyoncé is simply not on Taylor’s level when it comes to middle America or the sprawling, homogenous suburbs. Bey has a more diversified following overall though, which generally makes her impact on culture more impressive on a global scale. The fact that Beyoncé was able to be as big as she is for so long is the bigger accomplishment in itself too when you think of how many disposable, mediocre (white) pop stars achieved so much in so little time while Beyoncé was a dark horse in Destiny’s Child waiting to outlast, outperform, and outsell all of them. She broke molds, was a front runner in introducing contemporary R&B into pop music, she changed the way music was consumed, she risked eras in favor of black empowerment/self love. Taylor’s only major accolade over Beyoncé is being “bigger than Beyoncé” lol. Her risks were minimal and she was never as politically polarizing. I’d also argue that Beyoncé could have been more chart hungry if she wanted to but wasn’t for most of the 2010s. She completely ditched pop radio in a time where Taylor was catering to them heavy. 

Edited by BGKC

Taylor and it’s not even close. She’s in a whole league of her own.

9 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

The Hive trying to push the narrative of GP support and stats being unrelated to each other is crazy

btadzp49fdea.gif

Taylor's stats are massive because GP supports her like no other in the first place. You only use your feelings as some type of proof for GP support is not out of reason 

btadzp49fdea.gif

The idea that someone with considerably less daily streams and less unique listeners somehow has more GP support is such a kii to me. The fact that some people truly argue for that because of feelings is just... chile

btadzp49fdea.gif

1 hour ago, The Music Industry said:

The idea that someone with considerably less daily streams and less unique listeners somehow has more GP support is such a kii to me. The fact that some people truly argue for that because of feelings is just... chile

btadzp49fdea.gif

Whats so difficult to get about it? Didnt the Yougov poll reveal Swifties favorite track is Shake it off? And who listens to Shake it Off? Exactly, soccer moms and white teenagers. But yay streams I guess

btadzp49fdea.gif

Just now, *-ChriZ-* said:

Whats so difficult to get about it? Didnt the Yougov poll reveal Swifties favorite track is Shake it off? And who listens to Shake it Off? Exactly, soccer moms and white teenagers. But yay streams I guess

btadzp49fdea.gif

...the GP? Hence why it's smashing and getting huge daily streams. Which is literally my point? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

2 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

...the GP? Hence why it's smashing and getting huge daily streams. Which is literally my point? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

GP = white teenagers and soccer moms in Taylors case. Truly the Pink of her gen

btadzp49fdea.gif

4 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

btadzp49fdea.gif

They are a part of the GP, yes. Not sure what you're trying to prove here. That those groups shouldn't matter when considering GP support? :rip: You borderline suggesting we just need to discard the biggest continent on Earth when discussing success and impact teas :rip:

taylor, she’s also bigger than 2023 beyoncé. they’re the biggest female stars right now so it’s not like that’s a bad thing for bey :giraffe:

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

They are a part of the GP, yes. Not sure what you're trying to prove here. That those groups shouldn't matter when considering GP support? :rip: You borderline suggesting we just need to discard the biggest continent on Earth when discussing success and impact teas :rip:

No, Im just saying your perception of the GP is biased. You think it's "everyone" whos listening and streaming Taylor Swift. I'm pointing out the flaws in that perception. She has, without a doubt, a very dedicated fanbase who live in that Taylor bubble and literally would give anything for her. But to claim "the GP" enjoys Taylor's music more just because of numbers? I dont think so. Too many variables being left unquestioned by Swifties.

btadzp49fdea.gif

Just now, *-ChriZ-* said:

No, Im just saying your perception of the GP is biased. You think it's "everyone" whos listening and streaming Taylor Swift. I'm pointing out the flaws in that perception. She has, without a doubt, a very dedicated fanbase who live in that Taylor bubble and literally would give anything for her. But to claim "the GP" enjoys Taylor's music more just because of numbers? I dont think so. Too many variables being left unquestioned by Swifties.

btadzp49fdea.gif

Literally where did I say EVERYONE listen to Taylor? You're just making stuff up. I'm saying she has bigger GP support than Beyoncé, because she factually does. You have more people listening to Taylor Swift's music than Beyoncé's music and every metric will show you JUST that. Cope already sis

btadzp49fdea.gif

Just now, The Music Industry said:

Literally where did I say EVERYONE listen to Taylor? You're just making stuff up. I'm saying she has bigger GP support than Beyoncé, because she factually does. You have more people listening to Taylor Swift's music than Beyoncé's music and every metric will show you JUST that. Cope already sis

btadzp49fdea.gif

Contradiction much sis

btadzp49fdea.gif

You still dont get it, but its fine.

1 minute ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Contradiction much sis

btadzp49fdea.gif

You still dont get it, but its fine.

There's no contradiction whatsover. The only contradiction seems to be with your opinion and facts. Having bigger GP support than someone else doesn't mean everyone listens to said artist. Like what even? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

4 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

There's no contradiction whatsover. The only contradiction seems to be with your opinion and facts. Having bigger GP support than someone else doesn't mean everyone listens to said artist. Like what even? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

Using ur logic: Flo Rida is bigger than Aretha Franklin. I hope u realize how.. uneducated that sounds

btadzp49fdea.gif

4 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Using ur logic: Flo Rida is bigger than Aretha Franklin. I hope u realize how.. uneducated that sounds

btadzp49fdea.gif

That comparison makes no sense at all since you're comparing an artist in the digital/streaming era with an artist from the 1960s but I'm sure you thought you ate here

btadzp49fdea.gif

Its the usual suspects coming for Bey when other Swifties admit its Bey or they about equal. :rip:

OT: About equal. Bey will always be view bigger tho regardless of stats/charting. That’s what happens when you have cultural impact. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

OT: About equal. Bey will always be view bigger tho regardless of stats/charting. That’s what happens when you have cultural impact. 

A city is quite literally legally renaming itself for a week in recognition for Taylor touring it. "Cultural impact" is not exclusive to your fave 

1017190499796394045.png

1 hour ago, The Music Industry said:

btadzp49fdea.gif

Bless your patience because woof!

21 hours ago, bijonse said:

All swifties care about is stats. The answer is Beyoncé 

At least swifties are coming in with objective data.  Some others are just like “my feelings say this”. (Which is anecdotal evidence at best) 

18 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Am i not part of the GP anymore because i stan Taylor? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

What do my favourite Navy member thinks about this btw? Do you agree or disagree? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

No, you’re not. 

btadzp49fdea.gif

i find this comparison completely out of place tbqh. Comparing Bey to Taylor, two artists who both debuted in the 00s is quiet a valid comparison. But if you insist…Rihanna is bigger stats wise, Aretha feels bigger culturally. So it’s a win-win.

btadzp49fdea.gif

Edited by Rihannito

2 hours ago, Rihannito said:

No, you’re not. 

IMG_7695.gif

13 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

What does explain her being the biggest female artist right now in both Asia and LATAM, places where majority of population are POC then? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

29 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

IMG_7695.gif

What does explain her being the biggest female artist in both Asia and LATAM, places where majority of population are POC then? 

btadzp49fdea.gif

What does explain Bey being the biggest female artist in Africa, isn’t that a continent as well? Or it only applies to Asia?

btadzp49fdea.gif

1 minute ago, Rihannito said:

What does explain Bey being the biggest female artist in Africa, isn’t that a continent as well? Or it only applies to Asia?

btadzp49fdea.gif

Also Brazil is Beys curfew. They love her there. Isn't she the biggest international female in Brazil? I could be wrong here and im too lazy to look it up

3 minutes ago, Rihannito said:

btadzp49fdea.gif

The LIE about LATAM too

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

The Hive trying to push the narrative of GP support and stats being unrelated to each other is crazy

btadzp49fdea.gif

Taylor's stats are massive because GP supports her like no other in the first place. You only use your feelings as some type of proof for GP support is not out of reason 

btadzp49fdea.gif

Garth Brooks sold more than Prince, Bowie, Bob Marley, Guns N Roses, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden, Janet Jackson, Black Sabbath, John Lennon etc etc etc 

Does he feel bigger than them to you?

btadzp49fdea.gif

Edited by Jjang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.