Alien: Romulus (2024) | Now playing in theaters

genetic fail

I loved it, and I did not expect to. It was exciting and definitely a kii. Like, the plot was the definition of:

spacer.png

Spoiler

Literally everyone dying cause they went to try and save someone else :dies: Andy trying to warn them over and over when he had the module in him :dies: 

Also did the synthetic on the ship remind anyone else of RFK Jr.? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 5

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Shelter

• qurl

• Broken

55 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I loved it, and I did not expect to. It was exciting and definitely a kii. Like, the plot was the definition of:

spacer.png

Hide contents

Literally everyone dying cause they went to try and save someone else :dies: Andy trying to warn them over and over when he had the module in him :dies: 

Also did the synthetic on the ship remind anyone else of RFK Jr.? :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

Eh was Andy always trying to warn them when he was being manipulative about the serum and suggesting that they use it on Kay knowing what he actually knew lol

5 hours ago, killer_rose said:

This was phenomenal, thank god they relied mainly on practical effects instead of ugly CGI.
The acting was low key mid to terrible, especially the British guy.

Not with Cailee, Johnson and Isabela they were great

can't wait to watch this :WAP: the best horror franchise after scream 

16 hours ago, Broken said:

Wow, this is huge! This means the saga will continue.

rewatching the original alien movie before seeing this was a good call (not to mention how INSANELY well that movie holds up almost 50 years later :alexz:)

really enjoyed romulus!! the last 20 or so minutes gagged me, i knew some **** was gonna go down as soon as soon as they showed the vials :dies: the visuals of the planet's rings were stunning

• Like 4

I honestly wished I had enjoyed this... The beginning was really good and I loved how they utilized the facehuggers, but after that it just turns into a weird nostalgia fest that wasn't very intriguing or exciting IMO 

• Like 1

this was cute :bird: thought i would like it more than i did though

Spoiler

archie renoux :WAP:

I loved it :jonny5: , my bf almost pissed himself during the third act

I've never seen an entire theater gagged like that, gasps were heard

Edited by PaloSanto
  • Like 1

the way the movie evolved throughout, from the facehuggers and aliens to the ending, it was a gag :jonny5: @mokitsu

i liked how they freshened up some of the elements like the:

Spoiler

anti gravity with the aliens + acid blood, being able to walk through the facehuggers at a higher temperature, getting infected with only partial black goo, synthetic being helpful and not just plain evil for once.

if u watched the whole franchise u understood most of the references to the other films

i'm pissed cause i kinda got spoiled about the ending cause i saw a photo on facebook, but it still was thrilling

i was annoyed at some of the plot elements though...

Spoiler

-like why did they keep the vials for so long.....like throw that **** away once Andy is getting rebooted

-the alien saving her in the elevator scene??? bffr

-the gun still having ammo for the last alien in the elevator scene??

-rain going back to save andy??? bffr

spike fearn >> archie reneaux for me :sorry:

it was a slower start but once the action starts, every scene building up to the ending had me like:

• Like 1

Are any of the "new" characters in this film, referenced in any of the other Alien films? 

Loved it , so happy its smashing 

It would have been more iconic if they had gotten LEGEND X herself for that final act

ElviZOfWoAANY_f.jpg

Legend Xenomorph. Xtinamorph.

the movie was so bizarre and intense that I actually liked it!

Spoiler

I saw it in an empty theater which added even more intensity at the final half hour ... that abomination was TERRIFYING MY GOD

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DR0GO said:

Are any of the "new" characters in this film, referenced in any of the other Alien films? 

Nope

I have a question: so they need Andy to enter the ship right? So how Rain and the other girl are able to enter the ship themselves? 

9 minutes ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

I have a question: so they need Andy to enter the ship right? So how Rain and the other girl are able to enter the ship themselves? 

the door was still open due to kay escaping from the alien that was growing in the ship before she fell

Edited by Lightbringer007

1 hour ago, Lightbringer007 said:

the door was still open due to kay escaping from the alien that was growing in the ship before she fell

No I meant the first time when they enter Romulus and Remus. First it's the 3 guys including Andy as he is the only one being able to open the key. Then they move the small ship to another door and enter anyways (but without Andy this time). I was really confused ! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Is this worth watching or is it just "yet another Alien film"?

It's a different kind of alien movie. There is some good things and some bad things, but the experience was interesting if you like the franchise. 

this was fun. i hope we don't have to wait 7 years for another one

david jonsson is so cute i really need to watch rye lane its been on my watchlist for ages 

Edited by homosexual_behaviour

9 hours ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

No I meant the first time when they enter Romulus and Remus. First it's the 3 guys including Andy as he is the only one being able to open the key. Then they move the small ship to another door and enter anyways (but without Andy this time). I was really confused ! 

Oh I see what you meant! The door was prob still opened since the guys had to have expected to return back the same way once they retrieved the pods

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.