• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Shelter

• qurl

• Broken

Still thinking about the zero gravity sequence - such a great moment and up there as one of the best in the franchise :jonny:

19 hours ago, ebaby said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

he was so hot to me :cooldown:

He's such a cutie and that accent :WAP: English accents rarely do anything for me but ouf! I was mesmerized. Hopefully this opens more doors for him.

Spoiler

I wanted him to live so bad :weeps:

• Haha 1

so excited to see this on wednesday :WAP:

This movie is ******* amazing holy **** :jonny4::WAP:

• Like 1

The score is really nice, I especially love "The Offspring" track

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

I love that they've used newer actors. This film, especially with the last quarter, will be a cult classic. 

• Like 3

I guess i'm in the minority but I thought this was absolute ****. Terrible script, really bad dialogue, worst acting of the year and a lot of inconsistencies :rip: great cinematography tho 

• Thumbs Down 12

This was absolutely amazing. The visuals, the practical effects, the sound design, the cinematography…

Loved the beginning in the planet, for the first time ever we get to see how regular people live in a planet-colony under the rule of Weyland Yutani. Magnificent start.

I was skeptical about the younger cast, but they proved me wrong completely. Both Andy and Rain were very well written and ALL characters were developed enough surprisingly. Dialogue was very natural (except for the awful callbacks, they took me out of the movie, particularly the last and most prominent one). 

A couple of things didn't work for me plot-wise but all in all I thought this was a fantastic back to basics film that surprisingly manages to pay homage to the entire franchise (yes, including 3, Resurrection and, particularly, the prequels) whilst returning to the tone and thrills of the first 2 classics. 

I really hope we get a sequel.

• Like 5

I find it hard to consider Prometheus and Covenant films as canon, mainly because during the production and promotion of Prometheus, they emphasized that the film was inspired by the universe but wasn't part of the franchise. Maybe they wanted to attract a new audience, but for me, with Prometheus and Covenant, I never felt like they were true prequels.

I do appreciate that Romulus picks up on the black oil idea and mentions Weyland's death, but that's about it. It could just as easily be a direct connection as it could be a simple nod.

What bothers me more is Alien 4 in the timeline (which I like). The action takes place so far into the future that, in my view, any new film in the franchise set before Alien 4 should be stand-alone stories with minor references. In both Alien 3 and Alien 4, Weyland is still actively researching and discovering the xenomorph, and Ripley remains central to their efforts.

Regarding Romulus: I loved the depiction of colony life (a fresh addition), the zero gravity sequence, and the performances by Cailee and David. The film is straightforward, yet visually stunning. However, I wish there were fewer references to past movies—Andy's "get away from her" moment felt too meta. The acid death was a great new take on xenomorph kills as well as the body temperature concept.

While risky, I was fully engaged in the final act, and the destruction by the ring was spectacular. It's crazy to think this was meant for streaming because it definitely deserved a theatrical and IMAX release (as Prey). Disney should def stuck with mid-budget for Alien and stay in that rated R vibe. Curious about the tv show (while I doubt there are any xeno in it)

As much as Cailee and David get their much deserved credit for Rain and Andy can we all give a round of applause for our new Latina Scream Queen Isabel Merced because she was giving SMG realness the way she was going through it in this movie phew can't wait to see where her career goes from here

• Like 7

On 8/16/2024 at 9:05 AM, Kevin2803 said:

The insane thing about this movie is (and only read if you already watched it)

Hide contents

that i, only hours before watching the movie, was thinking about how cool it would be if there would be like a Xenomorph/Human hybrid and THEN THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. I was so shook.

Spoiler

Yeah I really loved that they went there with that. It was a sick and twisted breath of fresh air for sure. Cause it seemed like they were setting her up to birth a queen xenomorph but that xenohuman thing was really odd. I saw the movie with my cousin and brother and the imagery of that creature being stayed stuck with them. Job well done! Also anyone peep that the design was very engineer esque had to be intentional 

I loved it and found it quite scary. Visually stunning in IMAX

• Like 2

Didn't even know about this movie and I just got back from a date and it was trash…

Aside from the rude guy, the acting was horrible. The character development was non existent and some of the writing was predictable and cliche..

The outfits, aesthetic and visuals were good tho and kept me from falling asleep…

Edited by CristianGarcia
  • Thumbs Down 9

At this point I don't mind if the director Fede Alvarez makes it a habit to make his career mission to probably reboot franchises with proper requel installments. Imagine Fede doing requelboots to Rings, Grudge, Resident Evil, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Christmas, Insidious, Final Destination, Body Snatchers, Carrie and La Llorona phew. Mi gente latino

• Like 3

Really enjoyed this movie, the space scene at the end had me shook :jonny: Surprised to see some reviews being so negative, the movie as a whole was great IMO

Just watched this in my local theater and OMG. The final 20 minutes GAGGED me!

• Like 1

Archie Renaux :heart2: 

On 8/22/2024 at 9:14 AM, SchmoodRing said:

At this point I don't mind if the director Fede Alvarez makes it a habit to make his career mission to probably reboot franchises with proper requel installments. Imagine Fede doing requelboots to Rings, Grudge, Resident Evil, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Christmas, Insidious, Final Destination, Body Snatchers, Carrie and La Llorona phew. Mi gente latino

Hope you mean direction cuz he produced and had a hand at the script for the Netflix TCM movie from 2 years ago....which outside of that bus scene was horrible.

On 8/22/2024 at 8:03 AM, CristianGarcia said:

Aside from the rude guy, the acting was horrible. The character development was non existent and some of the writing was predictable and cliche..

to me, aside from that ****, the acting was very good.

• Like 1

This was phenomenal, thank god they relied mainly on practical effects instead of ugly CGI.
The acting was low key mid to terrible, especially the British guy.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.