Alien: Romulus (2024) | Now playing in theaters

genetic fail

WOW this was great! the characters, the MESS they get themselves in, the effects, the gore, the sound, it was awesome!

Spoiler

really enjoyed but the ending guy was a little weird, wish it ended with the Xenomorphs in the big shaft 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Shelter

• qurl

• Broken

Loved it. Probably go again next week.

gagged me and my whole friend group last night :sun:

I love the franchise and have seen them all. this sits comfortably right behind the original two films.

the main character tore

• Like 1

Ripley is queen but oh did her crown tilt SLIGHTLY when 

Spoiler

Rain took out like 20 something xenomorphs in zero gravity like she ate that bad :worship:

• Like 3

Slaying in China. 100 million WW is a great opening 

I enjoyed this although I didn't like it as much as I had hoped. It wasn't as intense to me as the trailers made it seem. I know this will be unpopular opinion (especially re: Covenant) but I liked the last 2 more, tbh. They were weirder which is more up my alley.

The last 10-15 minutes, however >>>

That creature design was so nasty and creepy, I wanted a lot more of that. :jonny5:

• Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

I enjoyed this although I didn't like it as much as I had hoped. It wasn't as intense to me as the trailers made it seem. I know this will be unpopular opinion (especially re: Covenant) but I liked the last 2 more, tbh. They were weirder which is more up my alley.

The last 10-15 minutes, however >>>

That creature design was so nasty and creepy, I wanted a lot more of that. :jonny5:

My problem with Covenant was the CGI and the David storyline. 

• Like 1

Just came back from it and I loved it. I'm very surprised to say this but this is one of the best Alien movies ever. Great acting, great sound and set design, fantastic visual effects.

Spoiler

The moment that girl said she was pregnant I knew they were going to do something with it, I was fully expecting an Alien vs Predator 2 moment but they went on a much darker route. The moment that creature appeared for the first time my jaw dropped. Everyone at the theater was gasping.

Also that little call back to Aliens "Get away from her you *****" was great.

• Like 1

The best in the franchise after Alien and Aliens. Andy and Rain were both such great characters.

• Like 1

This was one of the best movies I've EVER seen. There were sooo many cool moments. Very creative scenes. The characters were all actually very interesting too. The ending villain was scary ngl. I was disturbed. Lol

• Like 2

The reviews are amazing omg. I need to use my AMC A-List to watch this :jonny5: 

Also Archie is so cute :jonny5: 

Cailegend Spaeny, the MOVIE STAR you are.

• Like 1

I liked it a lot until the weirdo in the end. It felt like too much. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Keep smashing those numbers :jonny:

I just got back. Amazing in IMAX. Solid 8/10. Helped alot watching the original again before watching this on Friday.

The callbacks was great, the tension was great, the kills was awesome. Theres alot i loved from this film.The last 15 minutes is gonna divide alot of people though. I enjoyed it for what it was but I can see alot of people hating it especially die hards who don't like change.

Spoiler Review

Spoiler

Bringing Ash's model back was a nice touch and I like that they use alot of practical effects with his design even if it looks off at some points. My favorite scene which will be top 3 in the series is the 0g sequence. I hope we get more of that in the future. Boijns death was the best one and well deserved and Im surprised we've gone 45 years in the franchise and now we do an acid death...

The only reasons this ain't a 10 is the Aliens callback which I thought was unnecessary and while I loved the final part of the movie with the human/Xeno hybrid, it wasn't really as terrifying as I would like...the human face was slightly laughable.

• Like 1

Franchise Ranking:

1.Alien

2.Aliens

3. Alien:Romulus

4. AvP

5.Prometheus

6.Alien: Covenant

7.Alien:Resurrection 

8.Alien 3 

9.AvP Requiem

• Like 2

This was my first Aliens film. Let's just say it left me balder than that creature. :WAP:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.