• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Shelter

• qurl

• Broken

Just got out of this. LOVED IT. Personally my fav Alien film. Once the action starts it genuinely doesn't let up until the credits.

• Like 3

Can't wait to watch this in 4DX on Sunday! :duca:

Just came out of the preview, i loved it.

• Like 4

83% on RT after 127 reviews. Highest RT score for the franchise since Aliens. 

• Like 1

Can't wait to see this! :clap3:

• Like 1

Absolutely loved it 

• Like 1

I knew it would be good, but I didn't know it'd be THAT good :jonnycat:

• Like 2

Can't wait! Going to see it on Monday! :duca: :duca: 

*****!!! This was so GOOD. 

the last 30 minutes… :WAP:

• Like 1

Watched it on IMAX and wow it was soooo fantastic i need 10 more of it :jonny: movie of the year

• Like 1

The insane thing about this movie is (and only read if you already watched it)

Spoiler

that i, only hours before watching the movie, was thinking about how cool it would be if there would be like a Xenomorph/Human hybrid and THEN THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. I was so shook.

• Like 1

It was good. I'm so happy they did practical effects and less cgi. Looks so much better. Sound was insane. 

'Alien: Romulus' Devours $6.5M In Thursday Previews – Box Office

:WAP: It's heading for a 45 - 50 million weekend. 

• Like 1

The Xenomorph is such an iconic creature design. 
I love that  

Spoiler

They introduced this new v@gina cocoon thing as part of life cycle of the creature. Which highlights the sexual motifs of the design  

Edited by mitochondria23
  • Like 1

This was excellent. A return to form for the Alien franchise and easily sits with the first two films. Fede Alvarez is a great horror director and a great director in general. 

Edited by suneclipse121
  • Like 2

Just watched it and LOVED IT. Easily the best modern Alien movie. The last 20 minutes had me gagged. I was in a chokehold.

• Like 2

This was incredible :jonny5:

• Like 1

This was so ******* good. Best film in the franchise since Aliens. I loved that they brought back a stalking xeno from the first film but also still kept the action from the second. I also loved the throwbacks and references to the films like

Spoiler

a birthed alien. Although I prefer the Resurrection design solely because I thought it was cute in a tragic way and it was very heartbreaking, this was very creepy and terrifying. Sad to have seen Isabela die too, I was rooting for her. I also appreciated us getting a redeemable synthetic given that we'll never see Walter again most likely. The acidic blood scene was phenomenal.

Cailee is such a star in this too, her and Jonsson gave the best performances in the franchise since Sigourney in the first two films. Isabela was great too.

Final ranking of the films:

Alien > Aliens > Romulus > Promtheus > Covenant > AVP > Alien 3 > Resurrection > Requiem

The director said he'd be down for another AVP movie with the Prey director but I think that plot should stay in the 2000s :chick1:

Edited by Lawssance

If anyone is planning on seeing this soon please respond to this post ASAP. I have a $5 code from Fandango (that expires in less than one hour, but it's good for any future showtime) I would like to give to the first person to quote this since I won't be able to see this as soon as I thought :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.