• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Squall

• Bears01

• family.guy123

HDD will update to 500K. They underestimated hard. AMAZING numbers. Anyone who was expecting +700K clearly don't know how charts work and is just throwing numbers at a wall.

He will also remain #1 next week with minimum 180K. Miley fans should be more concerned over being blocked from #2 by TWICE than being blocked from #1 by Morgan :redface:

don't understand why people hate him so much. I didn't really follow the whole thing but I heard he called his friend the N**** word? 

If we can listen to SZA, Selena Gomez (her BLM comment) and Camilla, why is he different? Genuinely asking, I didn't follow the whole thing. 

If he has indeed been racist, I hope for his sake that he changed his views. 

Anyway great numbers, I have never listened to his music but maybe I'll give it a spin one day since people say it is romantic. 

1 minute ago, BnPac said:

don't understand why people hate him so much. I didn't really follow the whole thing but I heard he called his friend the N**** word? 

If we can listen to SZA, Selena Gomez (her BLM comment) and Camilla, why is he different? Genuinely asking, I didn't follow the whole thing. 

Anyway great numbers, I have never listened to his music but maybe I'll give it a spin one day since people say it is romantic. 

He literally issued 4 public apologies and donated half a million to black music charities. Everyone, and I mean everyone, outside of ATRL has moved on. 

It doesn’t hurt that the music is great either 

Idk, this feels super underwhelming to me. With 15 tracks it’s huge. But 36 tracks? Harry did this with a third of the tracks. That’s proper buildup release to release. Considering how absolutely massive Dangerous is, with 36 ******* tracks, he should be doing a lot more imo.

8 minutes ago, BnPac said:

He called his friend a N*****  with a hard ER, big difference. 

In no way is Selena being ignorant about BLM and Sza and Camila (who are still dragged btw) being homophobic/racist when they were in their teens the same. He is a grown man that should’ve known better. 

5 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Everyone white, and I mean everyone white, outside of ATRL has moved on. 

Fixed, and their opinion on this matter is irrelevant quite frankly. 

Edited by CaptainMusic

1 minute ago, CaptainMusic said:

He called his friend a N*****  with a hard ER, big difference. 

In no way is Selena being ignorant about BLM and Sza and Camila (who are still dragged btw) being homophobic/racist when they were in their teens the same. He is a grown man that should’ve known better. 

Fixed, and their opinion on this matter is irrelevant quite frankly. 

Sis, aren’t you British :redface: how would you know if black Americans are still outraged by what he said….I don’t speak for an entire community whatsoever, but every African American I know either doesn’t give a ****, or actively likes his music, and I live in a pretty liberal area :rip:

5 hours ago, Squall said:

Honestly, people are just dragging the numbers because it's him, maybe they feel better after doing so idk :rip:

3 hours ago, Squall said:

He isn't the only artist who doesn't release vinyl upon release :huh: 

The way you’re in here defending this man (that you clearly don’t listen to) while constantly targeting women of colour, very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Sis, aren’t you British :redface: how would you know if black Americans are still outraged by what he said….I don’t speak for an entire community whatsoever, but every African American I know either doesn’t give a ****, or actively likes his music, and I live in a pretty liberal area :rip:

Yes I’m (Black) British and thankfully this man is a complete nobody in my country.

The only time I’ve heard about his existence is on here and from my black relatives in the U.S who are very much aware of his racism and don’t listen to him. 

You say you don’t speak for an entire community yet you said in the post I quoted that “everyone” outside ATRL has moved on, which obviously isn’t the case. And even then I don’t see why anybody on here, regardless of I they’re American or

not, should just get over the fact that a racist is dominating the charts WTF? :rip: 

I’ll be as delusional as you and hope a grown country male redneck actually changed I guess. 

8 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The way you’re in here defending this man (that you clearly don’t listen to) while constantly targeting women of colour, very interesting. 

Sorry for not being biased and analyzing numbers objectively I guess? Enjoy the WP though.

1 minute ago, CaptainMusic said:

Yes I’m (Black) British and thankfully this man is a complete nobody in my country.

The only time I’ve heard about his existence is on here and from my black relatives in the U.S who are very much aware of his racism and don’t listen to him. 

You say you don’t speak for an entire community yet you said in the post I quoted that “everyone” outside ATRL has moved on, which obviously isn’t the case. And even then I don’t see why anybody on here, regardless of I they’re American or

not, should just get over the fact that a racist is dominating the charts WTF? :rip: 

I’ll be as delusional as you and hope a grown country male redneck actually changed I guess. 

He was blowing up and dominating the charts before he ever even said anything :rip: he’s as mainstream as it can possibly get aka he appeals to a lot of different people. 

I’ll be like most normal people and say “he’s apologized, I’ll move on like most normal people do” 

Sis, we both like Beyonce. She’s performed concerts for dictators. Let’s not be delusional and act like the music industry is full of saints :cm:

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

He was blowing up and dominating the charts before he ever even said anything :rip: he’s as mainstream as it can possibly get aka he appeals to a lot of different people. 

I’ll be like most normal people and say “he’s apologized, I’ll move on like most normal people do” 

Sis, we both like Beyonce. She’s performed concerts for dictators. Let’s not be delusional and act like the music industry is full of saints :cm:

His sales literally increased after he was exposed and “cancelled” as racists rushed to support him, let’s not.

Beyoncé being money hungry is completely irrelevant to this white man using a racial slur, but keep deflecting. 

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

His sales literally increased after he was exposed and “cancelled” as racists rushed to support him, let’s not.

Beyoncé being money hungry is completely irrelevant to this white man using a racial slur, but keep deflecting. 

Saying a racial slur to a white person while drunk is much worse than accepting money and performing for a man who killed people? I……..Morgan Wallen apologized for what he said. 

Lady Gaga sang and performed lyrics that said “do what you want with my body” to a known pedophile who terrorized young woman for years in the community I grew up around (the Chicagoland area) but as soon as she went on an Oscar campaign 6 whole years later, she apologized and everyone moved on? 

Make it make sense :redface:

28 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Harry did this with a third of the tracks.

No he did not.

If you're going to use the number of tracks as a reference, then you should only compare the streaming units.

Harry did 191k streaming units in the first week and the rest was from CDs and vinyl. Morgan did 200k units from streams in 2 days only and most likely will end with 400k which is more than double Harry's streaming units :rip:

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

Saying a racial slur to a white person while drunk is much worse than accepting money and performing for a man who killed people? I……..Morgan Wallen apologized for what he said. 

Lady Gaga sang and performed lyrics that said “do what you want with my body” to a known pedophile who terrorized young woman for years in the community I grew up around (the Chicagoland area) but as soon as she went on an Oscar campaign 6 whole years later, she apologized and everyone moved on? 

Make it make sense :redface:

The fact that you have to deflect to Beyoncé and now Gaga for some reason says it all. 

Im genuinely embarrassed for you if you’re black and defending this white man so hard, but you do you I guess? 

2 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The fact that you have to deflect to Beyoncé and now Gaga for some reason says it all. 

Im genuinely embarrassed for you if you’re black and defending this white man so hard, but you do you I guess? 

The fact that you, unlike most people offline who either don’t care or have moved on are still trying so hard to lecture Americans about how awful we are for liking this man’s music makes me genuinely embarrassed for you. 

Im telling you, as an American: a big portion of people here in this country aren’t online trying to “cancel” or be “genuinely outraged” over something. Most people genuinely can accept when someone says “I’m sorry” and can give people the benefit of the doubt, and considering  a huge hip hop artist then collaborated with him afterwards, it shows that only people on ATRL still care. 

And yes, considering that I personally know someone quite connected to the family of the 12 year old girl R.Kelly urinated on ON TAPE, I do find it cringe that ATRL has selective outrage :cm:

13 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

No he did not.

If you're going to use the number of tracks as a reference, then you should only compare the streaming units.

Harry did 191k streaming units in the first week and the rest was from CDs and vinyl. Morgan did 200k units from streams in 2 days only and most likely will end with 400k which is more than double Harry's streaming units :rip:

That's his point. Three times as many tracks and only doing twice as much in streaming units. 

curious on those single prediction where best believe everyone'd avoid making one for a week - that's even just better meaning most likely last night chance is higher to the top.

slow burn traction so far, estimate should be up by now

Just now, SignificantOther said:

That's his point. Three times as many tracks and only doing twice as much in streaming units. 

That's not how this works. Having a lot of tracks also means it takes longer to listen the whole album. Morgan will probably have much better longevity than Harry anyway

3 minutes ago, SignificantOther said:

You're wrong if you think having more tracks will lead to proportionally more streams when we all know the streams decrease the further you are in the album. Mathematically speaking, 2x more streaming units should be what he should be getting with x3 more tracks. So he's doing similarly to Harry actually or a bit better because even if you count only the 13 best performing tracks from Morgan's album, his streaming units would be a bit more than Harry's.

Edited by PopFan1996

42 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Idk what kind of black people you know but your average black person is DEFINITELY not listening to Morgan Wallet :deadbanana:

Plus his consumers are not in liberal areas which is why he’s struggling to dominate in most major US cities. Even in Nashville, he’s only got 5 songs in the top 20 on AM :celestial5:

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

You're wrong if you think having more tracks will lead to proportionally more streams when we all know the streams decrease the further you are in the album. Mathematically speaking, 2x more streaming units should be what he should be getting with x3 more tracks. So he's doing similarly to Harry actually or a bit better because even if you count only the 13 best performing tracks from Morgan's album, he would be doing a bit more than Harry's streaming units.

Except counting the 13 best performing tracks is completely unfair. To be mathematically fair, you would want to count the 13 tracks closest to the average. 

2 minutes ago, Sscorpionn said:

Idk what kind of black people you know but your average black person is DEFINITELY not listening to Morgan Wallet :deadbanana:

Plus his consumers are not in liberal areas which is why he’s struggling to dominate in most major US cities. Even in Nashville, he’s only got 5 songs in the top 20 on AM :celestial5:

To be fair, I know 2 that like his music (they liked his collab with lil Durk and checked out his music from there) but the rest I know actively don’t care. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.