HDD: Morgan Wallen #1 492k, Kali Uchis #5 53k

Renan90

5 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Obviously I want him to fail? Nice look defending someone who uses hard racial slurs daily. :mazen: 

But this thread is about numbers and nothing else. And the slur has been discussed many times before even in this thread. I know it was bad but as far as I know, he said it once two years ago. And has apologized for it. I hope he never says it again.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Squall

• Bears01

• simmnfierzig

2 hours ago, Little Dark Age said:

guess you aren't that much of a music fan :coffee:

I didn’t know that either, not sure what it’s supposed to prove

9 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Massive but with 36 songs I was lowkey worried about 750k. Miley #1 prayer circle. @tbhmatt @Scars @CottageHore @biomind101

CzVdba6.gif

I don't see Miley getting that #1 unfortunately, but let's hope he has a massive drop next week so we have a close race. :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Scars said:

I don't see Miley getting that #1 unfortunately, but let's hope he has a massive drop next week so we have a close race. :gaycat6:

How much do you think Miley is gonna do next week?

9 hours ago, flashdagoat said:

People in this thread (mostly Brando) bragging about their favorite pop stars getting frontloaded first week sales because physicals are easy to accumulate large numbers with when you have a huge fanbase...

1M people buying Midnights and not listening to a single song = 1M physicals sold = 1M sales for Billboard.

1M people streaming Morgan's new album the entire way through = just 36M streams in total = just 28,800 sales for Billboard 

:deadbanana4: just look at the disparity 

400k streaming units is enormous. 

First day spotify streams:

Midnights - 185M

Midnights in the US - 88M

One Thing at a Time - 52M

:deadbanana4: just look at the disparity

9 hours ago, flashdagoat said:

People in this thread (mostly Brando) bragging about their favorite pop stars getting frontloaded first week sales because physicals are easy to accumulate large numbers with when you have a huge fanbase...

1M people buying Midnights and not listening to a single song = 1M physicals sold = 1M sales for Billboard.

1M people streaming Morgan's new album the entire way through = just 36M streams in total = just 28,800 sales for Billboard 

:deadbanana4: just look at the disparity 

400k streaming units is enormous. 

Yeah and people can stream the album 184189394278 times and it will always count for the BB200.

People listening to their bought album never counts. Not to mention that it earns the artist way more money. 

But yes that is why first weeks are obviously lower in the streaming era. And longevity way higher

29 minutes ago, By the Water said:

First day spotify streams:

Midnights - 185M

Midnights in the US - 88M

One Thing at a Time - 52M

:deadbanana4: just look at the disparity

Midnights did amazing obviously. It's just that this website is hyperfixated on the first day and first week numbers. Thus you see all these people saying "that's it?" at Morgan. It's like nothing else matters. But I fear that even a year from now people are gonna be like "Why is One Thing still in the top 10? :deadbanana:" As if the last two years have thought them nothing. But there is that chance that Morgan's audience will split their time and attention between the old and new album. So that might hurt the new album's weeks at the top of Billboard somewhat.

1 minute ago, anti-***** said:

Midnights did amazing obviously. It's just that this website is hyperfixated on the first day and first week numbers. Thus you see all these people saying "that's it?" at Morgan. It's like nothing else matters. But I fear that even a year from now people are gonna be like "Why is One Thing still in the top 10? :deadbanana:" As if the last two years have thought them nothing. But there is that chance that Morgan's audience will split their time and attention between the old and new album. So that might hurt the new album's weeks at the top of Billboard somewhat.

Honestly, people are just dragging the numbers because it's him, maybe they feel better after doing so idk :rip:

6 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

That person said no one streamed Midnights so what does that have to do with Morgan's longevity? :rip:

People are saying "that's it?" because he's basically coming from the 21 of the 2020s but the numbers, even the streaming numbers, aren't giving 25 of the 2020s

14 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah and people can stream the album 184189394278 times and it will always count for the BB200.

People listening to their bought album never counts. Not to mention that it earns the artist way more money. 

But yes that is why first weeks are obviously lower in the streaming era. And longevity way higher

It’s not like people are bringing out their vinyls every time they want to listen to an album. Pretty much everyone under 50 is into streaming these days (which is why we’re seeing even country hillbillies like him dominate the streaming charts). So it’s very likely those buying an album are also streaming it most of the time out of convenience. 

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

Honestly, people are just dragging the numbers because it's him, maybe they feel better after doing so idk :rip:

Yeah. And people need to know that Dangerous opened with 265k in January of 2021. That was a couple of weeks before the incident even happened. So he was becoming the biggest star in country music regardless.  And idk if there ever was much of the "anti-woke" people hyping him up outside of twitter and Fox news. I think the news just made more people discover him. It's not necessarily anything deeper than that. And his apology also made the news. Ofc it's impossible to know if he's really changed, but as long as he never says any slurs again, there's hope.

19 minutes ago, Sscorpionn said:

It’s not like people are bringing out their vinyls every time they want to listen to an album. Pretty much everyone under 50 is into streaming these days (which is why we’re seeing even country hillbillies like him dominate the streaming charts). So it’s very likely those buying an album are also streaming it most of the time out of convenience. 

That's not compeletely true, there is still a significant amount of people that don't consume music through streaming. There's a reason why Adele pure sales are very high compared to her streams even with 30 and that's not because she has a big fanbase.

24 minutes ago, By the Water said:

That person said no one streamed Midnights so what does that have to do with Morgan's longevity? :rip:

I think they were trying to say that how much faster it's to get album units with pure sales than streams. But yeah, there wasn't really a need to bring up Midnights specifically. But take it as a commentary about the industry in general.

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

People are saying "that's it?" because he's basically coming from the 21 of the 2020s but the numbers, even the streaming numbers, aren't giving 25 of the 2020s

He's is more comparable with Drake, not Adele.

Morgan is a streaming artist, like the Post Malone/Drake of country. Just look at Dangerous "low" pure sales, and you need high pure sales to have a huge selling album during the first week like Taylor or Adele. Streams alone are not going to give him a million openning week album  :skull: 

He will probably have Certified Lover Boy first week numbers with a huge longevity

32 minutes ago, Axelios said:

That's not compeletely true, there is still a significant amount of people that don't consume music through streaming. There's a reason why Adele pure sales are very high compared to her streams even with 30 and that's not because she has a big fanbase.

But the sales of 30 are not high. And I say this is an Adele stan. And every single day more and more people are moving to streaming services. So the sales are not gonna keep her afloat with her next album. Especially not if she takes many years until next album. She needs to write more streaming friendly music to stay up in the industry.

But in general, the potential for album sales is dropping every day. If it wasn't for vinyls, pure sales would be so dead. And they are pretty dead anyway, lol. Plus I think the vinyls boom is a fad. So there you go. It's not gonna save the industry.

Edited by anti-bitch

This is huge:rip:

31 minutes ago, Axelios said:

But Adele had great streaming AND sales stats prior to 30 (which was an underperformance both streaming and sales wise). There’s also the fact that a significant portion of her listeners are over 50. 

4 minutes ago, Sscorpionn said:

But Adele had great streaming AND sales stats prior to 30 (which was an underperformance both streaming and sales wise). There’s also the fact that a significant portion of her listeners are over 50. 

But Adele has never been a huge streaming artist outside of the singles and a couple of Tiktok trends. It was the pure sales of 21 and 25 that were insane. And the streaming era only began in 2017-ish, so comparing the before and after is not so simple. And I agree that 30 underperfomed but I'd say it did so more in streams than in pure sales. But anyway, moving on. This is Morgan's moment.

Just because Morgan's pure sales are gonna be low that doesn't mean that he is underperforming at all. I think most of his listeners are twenty and thirty-something. Plus I don't think Morgan's vinyls or CDs are considered to be collectibles at all in the same way as Taylor's vinyls are for example. So there's no hope for much pure sales, but that's ok because he streams so much.

the fact this hillbilly put out so many songs he cant even have a vinyl :ahh:

congrats on those streams I guess 

10 minutes ago, Pristine said:

the fact this hillbilly put out so many songs he cant even have a vinyl :ahh:

congrats on those streams I guess 

He isn't the only artist who doesn't release vinyl upon release :huh: 

3 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

How much do you think Miley is gonna do next week?

Something between 100k-150k.

Miley has room to do more, but the initial promo rollout feels too Flowers-focused as of now. I'm inclined to believe she'll open with a modest debut but play the longevity game, if she plays her cards right with the future singles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.