Ed Sheeran - ‘Subtract’

inmymendes

I don't know but I have a good feeling about this album. hope it will be actually good.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Aslan

• inmymendes

• Starkboy

I am actually excited for this project. This may be a "back to the roots" to "+" and a Dessner production sound great.

11 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

‘-‘ is the result of Sheeran pushing the boundaries of his songcraft, as he delivers the most profound songwriting of his career. Teaming-up with Aaron Dessner (The National) on writing and production after the pair joined forces following an introduction from mutual friend Taylor Swift, Ed and Aaron began crafting the album in February last year. Writing over 30 songs during their month-long studio stint, the album’s fourteen tracks are seamlessly tied together by exquisite production from paired back, folk-leaning textures to bolder, full-band/orchestral arrangements.

He’s completing the Folkmore Trinity because Taylor stupidly decided to regress back to basic pop. We won ladies

He really wants to imitate folklore 

Let's see how big it will be

Ed said 6 years ago that Subtract "-" would be stripped back lo-fi acoustic type songs,  (which is why the album is titled Subtract) so isn't just doing it because Taylor released Folklore, plus the songs are base on real life,  not made up characters.

Ed decided on his 5 maths symbols titled albums with bright colours in 2010, and is finally completing that era it with +–=÷x  (Mathematics) Tour. 

Ok, this could be interesting if he doesn't choose the generic sound this time.

:noparty:

At first I thought it was a heart but it’s his face :ace:

8 minutes ago, Pop Tartlet said:

Ed said 6 years ago that Subtract "-" would be stripped back lo-fi acoustic type songs,  (which is why the album is titled Subtract) so isn't just doing it because Taylor released Folklore, plus the songs are base on real life,  not made up characters.

Ed decided on his 5 maths symbols titled albums with bright colours in 2010, and is finally completing that era it with +–=÷x  (Mathematics) Tour. 

The producer is Aaron. It's just like Jack becoming big after working with Taylor 

This will outsuccess folklore.

Aaron instrusment is beautiful 

inb4 it bombs harder than =

8 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

Maybe this time the quality will be good at least. 

Ready for it. I like the album cover 

16 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

It didn’t bomb

lowkey excited :duca:

Also the only place where = bombed was the US tbh (but even there the album spawned 2 hit singles atleast)
= was still #4 biggest album in 2021 and #10 in 2022.. yeah its no Divide but Divide is literally one of the biggest albums EVER.. almost no one will ever surpass that

Yessss this is gonna be good! The + girlies won! Ed is actually a really good song writer and + is one of my all time favourites so I’m really excited for his sound ! Not a fan of his poppier mainstream songs as much 

Didn’t see that other thread opened without a release date/an annoucement :doc: 

Edited by Squall

Thank god he's going back his acustic singer-songwriter roots. I couldn't take another awful pop album

Hopefully this is indeed his folklore

2 hours ago, terrorblade said:

This dying forum is so out of touch with reality :deadbanana:.

2022 IFPI Global Singles Top 10 Chart:

7. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

10. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habbits (#10 in 2021)

The only artist with 2 entries.

2022 IFPI Global Albums Top 10 Chart:

10. Ed Sheeran – = (#4 in 2021)

2022 IFPI Global Artists Top 10 Chart:

10. Ed Sheeran (#5 in 2021)

Gross :rip: but at least the 2024 Grammys are shaping up to be interesting.

I’m here for it 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.