Ed Sheeran - ‘Subtract’

inmymendes

50 minutes ago, Jude said:

It's coming soon? Hope it's very commercial sounding. :wanda:

Nope, it should be his folklore. It will be more of an acoustic album.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Aslan

• inmymendes

• Starkboy

He better ditch for good the super generic poppy sound of his latest clllab project + album.

We want early Ed Sheeran back.

If it’s an album with songs on the calibre of:

- The A Team

- Tenerife Sea

- Give Me Love

- I See Fire

- Happier

- Photograph

- Drunk

- Castle on the Hill

…….then I’d be excited

But most likely it will be a generic mess like his last few records, which he can keep.

Love all his album, so can't wait for Subtract (and hopefully a longer tour):jonny5:

It's so funny to see the people here being pressed and complain about his "safe" and "generic" music,

when their faves release the same album again and again :coffee2: 

Talent always wins :heart2:

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

Next month it seems :skull:

We won. :WAP:

1 hour ago, GRMusic said:

Nope, it should be his folklore. It will be more of an acoustic album.

Nah. :biblio:

Can ATRL properly READ or do research before posting? It takes 2 seconds to discover that Aaron Dessner is producing this album & Ed's been talking about it for like a year now saying how it's gonna be more acoustic/like his earlier work.

1 hour ago, spiritboy said:

Great news.

The responses here is disgusting as usual. Since you guys hate Ed so much, i'll root for someone you hate more, Morgan Wallen. Hope his album will break sales record and will stay as much as possible on #1 so that you guys stay mad.

Imagine rooting for a racist out of spite :rip:

The math theme is cheesy to continue but what really bothers me is that his first album was “Plus” (not “Add”) so this should be “Minus” :skull: 

Anyway I put on Plus the other day and a few of the songs actually hold up – Lego House, Sunburn, Little Bird, YNMIDNY and UNI are cute. He was far better when  trying so hard to be a GP wedding song artist.

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Great news.

The responses here is disgusting as usual. Since you guys hate Ed so much, i'll root for someone you hate more, Morgan Wallen. Hope his album will break sales record and will stay as much as possible on #1 so that you guys stay mad.

"Haaaa look at me I'm rooting for a literal racist because you guys hate him!!!!!"

EZ5JJspWAAg9Sod.jpg

OT - The way he keeps announcing a break then comes back with a new threat. His attempt at having his folklore is here I see.

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Great news.

rooting for a racist to spite ATRLers you don't know/will never meet irl is next level stupidity

Be more X and less Divide and Equals.

10 hours ago, Mr.S said:

18 tracks 

sorry for bothering

but wanted to ask if this is the Aaron Dessner project?

If Subtract Equals a decline in commercial success then I'm here for it

spacer.png

1 hour ago, perfectillusion204 said:

Can ATRL properly READ or do research before posting? It takes 2 seconds to discover that Aaron Dessner is producing this album & Ed's been talking about it for like a year now saying how it's gonna be more acoustic/like his earlier work.

yeah many here like to throw hate towards him without any reason...

but the thing is that yes we know that subtract is an acoustic album like his early projects but we're not sure if it's the Aaron one since he once said around the release of equals that both were done before ='s release, and when he revealed that he worked with Aaron last summer, he said that they finished it in about a month or something and insinuated that they just did it recently which made it confusing if he was talking about the same one or if they're two separate ones.

3 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This folklore wannabe album

folklore, you will always be famous :clap3:

I'm excited. This will be completely acoustic/stripped down album, Ed already said it a while ago. Hence the title. 

There’s 2 versions of Subtract. One that he made in lockdown in 2020 and the Aaron Dessner one that he made in 2022 

Edited by inmymendes

May 5

1. “Boat”
2. “Salt Water”
3. “Eyes Closed”
4. “Life Goes On”
5. “Dusty”
6. “End of Youth”
7. “Colourblind”
8. “Curtains”
9. “Borderline”
10. “Spark”
11. “Vega”
12. “Sycamore”
13. “No Strings”
14. “The Hills of Aberfeldy”

Edited by Squall

He said he has been working on this acoustic album for over decade so im even more excited for this release :duca:

Cool.  Excited to give it a listen in May.  

Edited by byzantium

Is that the album he did with Dessner?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.