Melanie Martinez - 'PORTALS'

kyliefever2002

I wonder if she's gonna be baby'ing her voice on this one. The visuals definitely imply she will bc everything is still very childish which is her brand ofc but I'd like to see some """"""growth""""""

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Ariel

• Helios

• Maroon legacy

That FOONGI looks familiar

But good for her, I don't know her music but for what I've seen she's fully committed to her projects

Has Björk ever shown herself as a four-eyed, pink-skinned alien? :rip: It's funny watching people act as if this isn't Melanie's own creativity. There's probably some inspiration here (she's always mentioned Björk as an influence) but anyone claiming this is a ripoff is simply looking for something to be mad about. 

OT: She's coming :jonny5:

Edited by Cecil Diamond

the haters are so funny in here, as if being inspired by someone else is a crime - move on.

a lot of you are very dense… her vinyl is coming out at the same time as it does on streaming, which means it has been in production for at least 4-6 months. her “stealing” from bjork is nothing more than a very unfortunate coincidence. by the time fossora came out, it was probably too late to change it. 

Everyone wants their own Björk moment or whateva 

Does anyone know if there'll be a movie with this album? I know she said she wanted to make a movie for each one but I haven't seen anything

Ok after hearing the 5 possible tracks meant for this album, Sirens would definitely be the one to look out for :jamming:

On 2/23/2023 at 7:07 PM, ZORBIT said:

The teasers haven’t done much for me personally but I have hopes she proves me wrong! :flower:

That happened  to me with k-12 but i ended up LOVING it

On 2/23/2023 at 7:07 PM, ZORBIT said:

The teasers haven’t done much for me personally but I have hopes she proves me wrong! :flower:

Same. I listened to every teaser from K-12 era and loved almost all of them, then when the album came, I was initially underwhelmed until the album eventually grew on me. It's why I stopped listening to the teasers cause the only one that stuck for me is Death. I want to go into this album with a clean slate this time around. :whistle2:

Edited by est. in 90s

On 2/25/2023 at 12:54 AM, Rainbows said:

Does anyone know if there'll be a movie with this album? I know she said she wanted to make a movie for each one but I haven't seen anything

yes but she said it won't be ready until 2024

Thank god Tunnel Vision made it! Now here is hoping for Sirens and Dragon’s Blood. 

14 minutes ago, alp said:

are they gonna pull a midnights with this rollout or???

we know nothing lol

It's almost a renaissance era. We will only have 1 single before the album, a short pre-sale...

Im just so incredibly excited for this. Her after school EP was lyrically phenomenal. :jonny5:I cant believe people say that she hasnt shown any growth like please use your single brain cells and actually LISTEN to the lyrics of her songs for once. :dies: 

12 hours ago, Helios said:

Im just so incredibly excited for this. Her after school EP was lyrically phenomenal. :jonny5:I cant believe people say that she hasnt shown any growth like please use your single brain cells and actually LISTEN to the lyrics of her songs for once. :dies: 

Portals will be her best album lyrically.:lakitu: But I'm worried about the sound part, because K-12 was mid musically. And I don't want Portals to be like After School because 60% of it is low tempo and mid tempo tracks.:biblio: I want Portals to have at least like 5-6 upbeat songs, 4-5 mid tempo and no more than 1-2 ballads (as ballads I'm counting songs like Recess and Brain&Heart). This era has a strong vibe and leaked material is giving SMASH but she really can ruin it with a lot of boring (musically) songs:biblionny:

i love the hate on her atm tbh cuz they gives us more viral tweets than i thought. yes hate yes viral tweets yes streams

Billionaire

7 hours ago, Maroon legacy said:

Portals will be her best album lyrically.:lakitu: But I'm worried about the sound part, because K-12 was mid musically. And I don't want Portals to be like After School because 60% of it is low tempo and mid tempo tracks.:biblio: I want Portals to have at least like 5-6 upbeat songs, 4-5 mid tempo and no more than 1-2 ballads (as ballads I'm counting songs like Recess and Brain&Heart). This era has a strong vibe and leaked material is giving SMASH but she really can ruin it with a lot of boring (musically) songs:biblionny:

Brain and Heart is not a ballad. :deadbanana2: Literally all of Melanie's songs are mid tempo or ballads. Sis have you listened to cry baby? Every single song from k-12 had a different theme yet people said all she is talking about is creepy baby stuff.  The GP is a mess. Anyway as a fan I hope you aren't watching the charts for her to get a #1 smash because thats probably not gonna happen. :dies: 

What's the name of this song?

She has such a peculiar voice.

20 hours ago, Shinning said:

What's the name of this song?

She has such a peculiar voice.

we dont know yet, aha music detects it as track 5 by "peach" probably to not get it leaked.

23 hours ago, Helios said:

Brain and Heart is not a ballad. :deadbanana2: Literally all of Melanie's songs are mid tempo or ballads. Sis have you listened to cry baby? Every single song from k-12 had a different theme yet people said all she is talking about is creepy baby stuff.  The GP is a mess. Anyway as a fan I hope you aren't watching the charts for her to get a #1 smash because thats probably not gonna happen. :dies: 

I'm not interested in charts but I want THE smash of the album. When K-12 came out they were trying to promote Show&Tell, Strawberry Shortcake and Drama Club all at once 'cause they didn't know which one will work out:chick3: and by years, there's still no highlight on K-12, cause every song is unique in it's certain way. And I can't say the same about Cry Baby, 'cause it has orginic hits like Pity Party and Mad Hatter and tiktok viral moments like Pacify Her and Play Date. And I want Portals to be more like Cry Baby than K-12 :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.