• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Ariel

• Helios

• Maroon legacy

On 2/22/2023 at 3:05 PM, sourtwink said:

i have a weird feeling this is gonna be her magnum opus and a bjork meets rosalia moment

more like more K-12 outtakes, cry baby rejects and filler considering the songs that leaked over the last 2 years :rip:

but maybe she’ll surprise me, her finally dropping that awful baby concept is already a step in the right direction 

It's funny how everyone and their mother looked at the cover and immediately thought "björk" but her fans swear this isn't a rip off :bibliahh:

I mean if it were only one or two people ok, but I saw this on my ig feed and I really thought it was a björk project until I read the caption saying it was Melanie like c'mon :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

more like more K-12 outtakes, cry baby rejects and filler considering the songs that leaked over the last 2 years :rip:

but maybe she’ll surprise me, her finally dropping that awful baby concept is already a step in the right direction 

she has more crybaby rejects than songs in her entire discography, plenty of K-12 outtakes, and After School material would be enough for an entire album. She always carefully selects the music for her projects, so her albums are always perfect. All songs on Portals are written especially for Portals. There are twice as many leaked songs/demos from this era as there are songs on the Portals, and there are still songs that have not been leaked before. So there is no need to expose her approach to the album in such a false light. :coffee2:

Edited by Maroon legacy

28 minutes ago, Venice B said:

It's funny how everyone and their mother looked at the cover and immediately thought "björk" but her fans swear this isn't a rip off :bibliahh:

I mean if it were only one or two people ok, but I saw this on my ig feed and I really thought it was a björk project until I read the caption saying it was Melanie like c'mon :bibliahh:

She had the idea of this 4-eyed telletubie 5 years before Fossora (to which everyone compares) was even released. And Bjork didn't invent this style. But I'm not claiming that Melanie didn't even glance at Bjork, yes, she was inspired by her, but she's not trying "to be" her or copy her art. spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

she has more crybaby rejects than songs in her entire discography, plenty of K-12 outtakes, and After School material would be enough for an entire album. She always carefully selects the music for her projects, so her albums are always perfect. All songs on Portals are written especially for Portals. There are twice as many leaked songs/demos from this era as there are songs on the Portals, and there are still songs that have not been leaked before. So there is no need to expose her approach to the album in such a false light. :coffee2:

“her albums are always perfect" :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

“her albums are always perfect" :bibliahh:

:isudumblmao:at least she can make an album without a thousand samples

she is servinggggggg :loki::flame::bird:

36 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

:isudumblmao:at least she can make an album without a thousand samples

maybe if miss one trick poney sampled she could finally come up with a good album too :isudumblmao:

some users in here... anyways

glad the wait for the album won't be long 

44 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

some users in here... anyways

glad the wait for the album won't be long 

stream 3am baby

littlebodybigheart

the people saying bjork in here have no idea of references :rip: like them bjork album covers aren’t using hungry’s (a very famous drag queen) make up which is a ripoff in an of itself (even though the drag queen herself did bjork’s makeup) but how are you gonna drag melanie but doing a makeup style that bjork herself copied from somebody else?

3 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

the people saying bjork in here have no idea of references :rip: like them bjork album covers aren’t using hungry’s (a very famous drag queen) make up which is a ripoff in an of itself (even though the drag queen herself did bjork’s makeup) but how are you gonna drag melanie but doing a makeup style that bjork herself copied from somebody else?

I feel like Melanie's announcment made more noise about bjork than actual album that bjork put out:bibliahh:everyone suddenly became bjork fans

When Bjork eventually thanks Melanie for giving her a career, then what :coffee2:

The Stan wars :deadbanana2:

but perched, “Cry Baby” is such an album, I can’t believe she’s back after 8 years 

littlebodybigheart
28 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

I feel like Melanie's announcment made more noise about bjork than actual album that bjork put out:bibliahh:everyone suddenly became bjork fans

no literally :rip: like bjork’s albums can barely crack the top 80 in the hot 200 and melanie already has a top 10/very probable top 5 on lock and cry baby has been more successful than anything that lady has put out :ahh: let’s be for real.

Did she at least worked with the same artists as bjork ?  

58 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

No literally :bibliahh:

57 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

When Bjork eventually thanks Melanie for giving her a career, then what :coffee2:

that's rude to even think about, actually

4 minutes ago, bruninho said:

that's rude to even think about, actually

It… was a joke :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.