Melanie Martinez - 'PORTALS'

kyliefever2002

This is what I’d imagine a drag race parody of Fossora would look like :deadbanana4:

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Ariel

• Helios

• Maroon legacy

JohnWayneHolland
5 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

promo pics...

RkLzZoDziVbS2nWYog_bTn178STMCc2vPNgf4GV6mA78Vc7gFNRM9XO8gMZZ2Mdp4rHUYJCunw=s4000-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj 

6lJZ9nKBCsk4twLPu6zYmzJOICyIfU7H-2Y8UgCh 

ab676186000010169be9cde28a05515f46ff30eb  

The way literally any of these could've worked way better as an album cover than what we got :redface:

Hmm interesting visuals! I'm definitely intrigued, but I wonder how this aesthetic will translate to live performances/tour. All the snippets have sounded good too

People are comparing it to bjork, but I'm considering everything beautiful, unlike the other work.

Its funny to think that with the 2023 music climate, if the lead is great and smashes on TikTok it could debut #1 on the Hot 100

10 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Its funny to think that with the 2023 music climate, if the lead is great and smashes on TikTok it could debut #1 on the Hot 100

Girl be serious :skull: there is like a 1% chance of that happening. She's never charted on the Hot 100 before. I could see this charting like top 70 if it has decent streams. She gets 0 radio play

What are the track titles? I see a lot of comments that this and that are on there and others leaked? What is the source for this? 

Edited by xokuba

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

we get it. bJoRk. ENOUGH!

Felt like reposting this :gaycat5:

53 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

Girl be serious :skull: there is like a 1% chance of that happening. She's never charted on the Hot 100 before. I could see this charting like top 70 if it has decent streams. She gets 0 radio play

I could see it happening. Probably not #1 but possibly top 20 or even top 10.

She has a ton of fans, including a large following of young people (tiktoks primary user base), she has already gone mega viral with Play Date, a few of her other songs have gone viral as well, and I think her music in general is very tiktok friendly. 

"Cry Baby" is such an iconic debut album but I gotta agree… Reminds me of Björk's visuals.

3 hours ago, xokuba said:

What are the track titles? I see a lot of comments that this and that are on there and others leaked? What is the source for this? 

From the official snippets and the leaked sessions from last year, this is what we have so far:

DEATH (Back From The Dead?) 

Sirens (possible rework) (A demo leaked last year, Could be heard from today's snippet

Tunnel Vision (A demo leaked last year, Could be heard from today's snippet at the end)

Faerie Soiree (possible rework, could be heard at the end of "incubating" snippet) (A demo leaked last year)

"Developing" snippet 

"The Nucelus of Creation" snippet 

Edited by SKESTU

I can't wait omg. I waited too long :jonny5:RIP Cry Baby :rip:

It's a Grimes-ified Fossora. Here for it :clap3:

Edited by Pacify Him

5 hours ago, SKESTU said:

From the official snippets and the leaked sessions from last year, this is what we have so far:

DEATH (Back From The Dead?) 

Sirens (possible rework) (A demo leaked last year, Could be heard from today's snippet

Tunnel Vision (A demo leaked last year, Could be heard from today's snippet at the end)

Faerie Soiree (possible rework, could be heard at the end of "incubating" snippet) (A demo leaked last year)

"Developing" snippet 

"The Nucelus of Creation" snippet 

Thank you! I only knew of DEATH and Faerie Soiree

17 hours ago, smoore95GAGA said:

The big difference between her and Bjork is one of them makes music that is listenable :cm:

that part :clap3:

Jokes aside, it's very refreshing from her to see a change with the aesthetics, but I'm quite sure the music is going to sound very similar to what we're used to. 

Edited by TrueBlood

1 minute ago, TrueBlood said:

Jokes aside, it's very refreshing from her to see a change with the aesthetics, but I'm quite sure the music is going to sound very similar to what we're used to. 

It's very different from K-12 and Cry Baby, she has removed all childish sounds. You can listen to Tunnel Vision, Sirens, Dragon's Blood, Void or Faerie Soiree if you don't mind listening to the leaks. They are very cool. But If you don't want to listen to the leaks, you can check her song Test Me, it's like a bridge between K-12 and Portals sonnically and lyrically 

18 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

It's very different from K-12 and Cry Baby, she has removed all childish sounds. You can listen to Tunnel Vision, Sirens, Dragon's Blood, Void or Faerie Soiree if you don't mind listening to the leaks. They are very cool. But If you don't want to listen to the leaks, you can check her song Test Me, it's like a bridge between K-12 and Portals sonnically and lyrically 

Wait, half of the album leaked already? :rip:

Yep I know Test Me from the ep already, and I've heard the various snippets. You're right about the childish sounds, but sonically it's more or less similar to the electropop sound of her past albums. Which I don't mind, at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.