Joshua Bassett: "i strongly condemn gay conversion therapy."

mercurialworld

13 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

well.... get out of the cult you're in that offers that service then ?

bafa2b8971cbaf11f7ad6d0bcf8c2007.gif

This

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fememeist

• smoore95GAGA

• ZORBIT

• Into The Void

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Trent W said:

Why is everyone hating on him here?

I mean we all condemn gay conversion therapy.

I haven’t been too involved with this topic

Did I miss something?

He’s part of a Christian cult/church. 

16 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

so like…. You don’t condemn it then. So sick of these religious people trying to have their cake and eat it too. You don’t need to abandon Jesus or whatever, but you at least need to find a church that doesn’t support conversion therapy. He’s a psychopath. 

Spill. The way people really think that their actions don't matter as long as they tweet a contradictory sentence one time to "clarify" :deadbanana: The immense cognitive dissonance that must be going on in his brain right now for him to tweet that he condemns conversion therapy while attending a church that openly supports it is horrifying. 

i read it as recommend and nearly screamed :deadbanana4:

This dude is literally just living his life, trying to better himself, heal and lead with love and he's attacked by the godless mob. Y'all are hypocrites. :rip:

32 minutes ago, bleuwaffle said:

This dude is literally just living his life, trying to better himself, heal and lead with love and he's attacked by the godless mob. Y'all are hypocrites. :rip:

How is she leading with love when he got baptized by the homophobic church? :rip:

No religious person will ever make me believe the **** of loving each other as they are lmfaoooo

He sounds dangerous. Definitely trying to recruit his stans into this cult. 

3 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

How is she leading with love when he got baptized by the homophobic church? :rip:

How is he not leading with love? He's not the one being hateful criticizing others. He's sharing his faith on his social media accounts, he explicitly spoke out against conversion therapy. Let him be.

The fact that he condemns conversion therapy - which everyone on here also condemns - yet people are still pressed. Y'all are never happy goddamn. :toofunny3:

I hate how people think just for being religious that = bad. The black and white thinking and inability to see how complicated and deep the world/people are shows lack of intelligence and lack of understanding about how people really are outside of Twitter. I would love to see some of the things the morality police think/do that aren't public and how they'd be judged for it if they left anonymity 

37 minutes ago, bleuwaffle said:

How is he not leading with love? He's not the one being hateful criticizing others. He's sharing his faith on his social media accounts, he explicitly spoke out against conversion therapy. Let him be.

Yes, after being baptized and he's still a member of the church. How is that love?

The excuses people make for religious beliefs is crazy :rip:

Leave him alone 

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

The fact that he condemns conversion therapy - which everyone on here also condemns - yet people are still pressed. Y'all are never happy goddamn. :toofunny3:

people are pressed because he still has ties to that very own homophobic church he is seemingly ''condemning'' now (and that's probably because of all the online backlash he received because of it)? the way you keep exposing yourself as either a huge dumbass or a huge bigot :skull: which is it sis?

1 hour ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I hate how people think just for being religious that = bad. The black and white thinking and inability to see how complicated and deep the world/people are shows lack of intelligence and lack of understanding about how people really are outside of Twitter. I would love to see some of the things the morality police think/do that aren't public and how they'd be judged for it if they left anonymity 

ad hominem's are cute (hint: this is sarcasm), but when one's actions go blatantly and directly against one's speech it really isn't that hard to understand why such person is met with backlash. 

wtf is up with atrl these days :biblio:

It’s good that he made this clear… but also it’s a sign he’s involving himself with the wrong people that he had to make such a statement. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.