How To Train Your Dragon | Live-action adaptation | June 13, 2025

mystery

VARIETY: ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ Live-Action Adaptation Coming to Theaters in 2025

A live-action adaptation of “How to Train Your Dragon” is soaring to theaters in 2025. Dean DeBlois, who wrote and directed the animated trilogy — 2010’s “How to Train Your Dragon,” 2014’s “How to Train Your Dragon 2” and 2019’s “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World” — is returning to write and direct the newest entry in the franchise. It’s slated to release on March 14, 2025.

DEADLINE: ‘How To Train Your Dragon’ Live-Action Feature Pushed Due To Actors Strike

More theatrical release date changes due to the actors strike which is clocking 113 days, however, the good news is that it doesn’t impact 2024. Universal and DreamWorks Animation’s live action take of animated movie How to Train Your Dragon goes from March 14, 2025 to Friday, June 13, 2025.

Any rivals out there, March 14, 2025 is now empty of any wide entries. How to Train Your Dragon‘s new date currently has an untitled Pixar movie on it.

Edited by mystery

NOBODY asked for this but I will tune in! Cant believe 2010 is 13 years ago now :monkey:

• 2 months later...

Rumored to begin filming soon.

So who's playing Hiccup, Tom Holland or Timothee? :cm:

why why WHY. To be fair I don't care for the 1st or 3rd movies but HTTYD2 is a 10/10. Please Hollywood don't do this to me. 

if they ruin one of my fav animation movie ever...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 9:08 PM, GentleEarthquake said:

I'm worried

They have to at least introduce a gay viking :coffee:

Hiccup should have been gay tbh. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm really shocked at the racism I've seen online towards Nico :biblio:

I didn't expect the HTTYD community to react like this. 

Not them crying about black vikings in old Scandinavia being "historically inaccurate" as opposed to fire breathing flying dragons :skull:

• 3 months later...

DEADLINE: ‘How To Train Your Dragon’ Live-Action Feature Pushed Due To Actors Strike

More theatrical release date changes due to the actors strike which is clocking 113 days, however, the good news is that it doesn’t impact 2024. Universal and DreamWorks Animation’s live action take of animated movie How to Train Your Dragon goes from March 14, 2025 to Friday, June 13, 2025.

Any rivals out there, March 14, 2025 is now empty of any wide entries. How to Train Your Dragon‘s new date currently has an untitled Pixar movie on it.

Edited by mystery

You know, before 2020 I would say "Dreamworks, this is a mistake to release the same time as Pixar" and now I'm thinking "oop, Pixar better move cause Dreamworks will devour them". 

Crazy how Disney fell from grace. 

I don't really care for HTTYD franchise anymore so whatever happens with this movie is whatever. 

I do however want to add that Universal is building a themed area for HTTYD so it looks like DreamWorks wants to keep HTTYD as one of their flagship franchises. This movie HAS to be good. 

https://allears.net/2023/09/29/everything-we-know-about-the-how-to-train-your-dragon-land-at-universal-epic-universe/

I hope some of the actors from the animated movies get to make cameos. America was SO good in Barbie, I hope she can book a cute cameo here. 

• 2 months later...

This is so unnecessary because I know they're going to butcher my favorite movie trilogy :rip:

I rewatched the movies recently and felt a little of that old spark I had back when I was 16 in 2014 haha. This franchise was LIFE for me when HTTYD2 came out. It was so great to finally have a movie besides Treasure Planet with someone I could actually look up to back then. But then life turned sour and I switched back to Jim in 2015.

I'm actually excited for this if it turns out to be more dark than the animated movies. 

On 1/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, Lovett said:

Hope they lean more on the fact he's gay in the movies and give him a romantic relationship. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.