NY POST : Rihanna accused of ‘worst lip sync ever’ at Super Bowl

BadMonster96

Unfortunately, Rihanna’s impressive rendition of “Umbrella” didn’t stop critics from raining on her parade: Many accused the pop star of miming the words along to pre-recorded songs instead of performing them live.

“Amazing how Rihanna is able to keep singing even when she puts the mic aside and doesn’t move her lips at all,” snarked one viewer of her alleged reverse karaoke.

“Too bad Rihanna is lip-syncing,” lamented another along with footage of her cover of Kanye West’s “All Of The Lights,” in which her lips and lyrics seem to sync about as well as a kungfu movie dub.

“You know I love you but that’s the worst lips sync ever. OMG,” barbed another detractor, while one wrote, “Lip-syncing at the Super Bowl should not be allowed.”

https://nypost.com/2023/02/13/rihanna-accused-of-lip-syncing-at-super-bowl-halftime-show/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• Beyonceist

• ninasayers

• AcidPrince

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact she THOUGHT she had enough star power and performance skills to do the entire 13 minutes solo :rip: No wonder she heavily relied on lip syncing 

Based on other performances throughout the years, I'm pretty sure a significant portion of Super Bowl performers lip sync and a few perform live like Gaga.

If anything she should've lipsynced more :toofunny2:

I love her but this performance was lazy af.

7 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

Based on other performances throughout the years, I'm pretty sure a significant portion of Super Bowl performers lip sync and a few perform live like Gaga.

This. I'm not going to criticize Rihanna for lipping when our fave lipped to ALBUM vocals in 2003 and got exposed when a fan grabbed her arm.  :rip:

There are plenty of other reasons to criticize this performance.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d78cb31ba24c0f29c896

Edited by nadiamendell

Most halftime performers lipsync and people should stop pretending they all sing live. I think Gaga was one of the only exceptions to the rule.

That being  said, most halftime performers also do a good job on selling the illusion they're singing live. Rihanna didn't even try, she was done with it halfway through the performance and couldn't give two shits anymore.

Bidol83.gif

Madonna lipped her entire Super Bowl set, so I'm not in the position to drag, especially when a pregnancy can affect your voice very hard.

Bidol83.gif

8 minutes ago, Beyonceist said:

The way ORHs keep winning :jonny5:

It always pays off to be a hater of the girls who lack, well, talent. In this case we hit the jackpot 

Bidol83.gif

The way she was just not giving a single **** during the performance :bibliahh:

i mean she recorded some great pre-recorded vocals, beautiful pre-recorded vocals but she really missed so many cues especially towards the end :monkey:

God those critics are miserable boomers :deadbanana4: and y’all in this thread sound exactly the same. Get a hobby, y’all. Devoting this much energy to hating on a stranger is a mental illness. Go get help :heart:

11 minutes ago, Icarus said:

It always pays off to be a hater of the girls who lack, well, talent. In this case we hit the jackpot 

Bidol83.gif

Cheers! :cheers:

SmugOilyAmurminnow-max-1mb.gif

Just about everybody lip synchs the HTS but she didn't even try to hide it with constantly moving her mic away while album vocals were still being heard. 

I feel so bad for the Rihanna stans. Imagine your fav coming back on the biggest stage just to be received like this :skull:

As a fan it’s hard enough to see. I just hope she doesn’t use this as an excuse to continue her album drought. 

was Diamonds lipped it was the only one that sounded live?

They're not wrong

Anyways, as Lana said 'f*** the NY post' :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.