East Palestine, Ohio Abandoned by Biden Admin in months after toxic plume

ClashAndBurn

20 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

the whole railroad/train industry needs a overhaul. Needs improved badly. 

That... doesn't happen without the strike that you praised Biden for crushing. Especially since railroad execs know fully well that Biden and the entire bipartisan delegations of Congress are fully behind them with regards to demolishing labor and keeping working conditions dangerous for workers at low-cost to themselves.

And again, people are flocking to "the strikes wouldn't have prevented this" to defend Biden when... Biden's DOT secretary has been on board with keeping true to the Trump administrations approach to regulations that would have taken steps towards preventing not just this disaster but future ones. Blood is on Pete Buttigieg's (and Biden's) hands here.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• BeenTheShit

11 hours ago, Bang Up said:

OK, thank you for explaining! I understand.

I feel, though, that even if the Biden admin hadn't stepped in and stopped the strikes, this still would've happened? This particular railway probably wouldn't have been addressed and derailments are often freak accidents that can't be avoided? It seems odd.

I think what should be happening right now is not the obvious coverup. The Biden admit should admit to the federal gov't failures  across multiple administrations to address issues that could cause accidents like this, and then ensure everyone is as safe as possible.

I came across a TikTok showing hundreds of dead fish in a local stream. Imagine the ecological disaster this is going to become. Those fish dying = animals who rely on those fish dying. The water contamination = the animals that drink from that stream dying. It's going to be catastrophic.

If the Biden admin wants to "prove itself" they will hold this company accountable, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Not all toxic chemicals are persistent chemicals that work their way up the food chain like that. But yes, they should monitor the air and water quality carefully before allowing people to return.

4 hours ago, GhostBox said:

This probably would’ve still happened. The strikes were a tricky situation. If they continued it would’ve massively hurt the economy/movement of goods ect.  It would’ve be bad. No matter how one feels about that decision to end the strikes it really doesn’t have anything to do with this horrible event. 

the whole railroad/train industry needs a overhaul. Needs improved badly. 

There was another way to end the strikes and get things moving again...

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

There was another way to end the strikes and get things moving again...

True but neither side was budging even after the White House tried. 

I didn’t know **** about this until yesterday and it was because of tiktok :skull:

I thought it was a conspiracy or some **** until I started digging myself 

This is a disaster, and it’s extremely scary the way no on is moving.

Does the air can make it as far as NYC? Or acid rain.

I’m starting to get worried.

I literally just found out about this because ONE of my friends on Facebook shared a post about this. I live about 80 miles away from this in NW Pa. Does anyone think I’m in danger?

16 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Not all toxic chemicals are persistent chemicals that work their way up the food chain like that. But yes, they should monitor the air and water quality carefully before allowing people to return.

Ah, okay. That makes sense and makes me feel a little better.

52 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I literally just found out about this because ONE of my friends on Facebook shared a post about this. I live about 80 miles away from this in NW Pa. Does anyone think I’m in danger?

You'll be fine.

22 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That... doesn't happen without the strike that you praised Biden for crushing. Especially since railroad execs know fully well that Biden and the entire bipartisan delegations of Congress are fully behind them with regards to demolishing labor and keeping working conditions dangerous for workers at low-cost to themselves.

And again, people are flocking to "the strikes wouldn't have prevented this" to defend Biden when... Biden's DOT secretary has been on board with keeping true to the Trump administrations approach to regulations that would have taken steps towards preventing not just this disaster but future ones. Blood is on Pete Buttigieg's (and Biden's) hands here.

Can you expand on this? Everything I'm seeing shows that the Trump admin repealed a regulation that would've required this train to ensure it had sufficient braking that would've prevented this.

Fo3-fpEWcBgCEWt?format=jpg&name=small

18 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Can you expand on this? Everything I'm seeing shows that the Trump admin repealed a regulation that would've required this train to ensure it had sufficient braking that would've prevented this.

Fo3-fpEWcBgCEWt?format=jpg&name=small

Yes. Trump repealed it because that's what Republicans do. They deregulate and make industries less safe for workers and consumers alike while maximizing profits for CEOs who no longer have to comply with "oppressive" health and safety standards.

That does not let Buttigieg and Biden off the hook for failing to reinstate regulations when they've been in office for two years. But everything you're reading is pro-Democrat and would never frame the problem that way.

15 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Yes. Trump repealed it because that's what Republicans do. They deregulate and make industries less safe for workers and consumers alike while maximizing profits for CEOs who no longer have to comply with "oppressive" health and safety standards.

That does not let Buttigieg and Biden off the hook for failing to reinstate regulations when they've been in office for two years. But everything you're reading is pro-Democrat and would never frame the problem that way.

Actually, this one is on the Democrats. In The Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act of 2015, the Democrats allowed an insertion of Regulatory Impact Analysis(RIA) into the bill, which requires federal agencies make cost versus benefit analysis of regulations. The cost of implementing ECP far exceeded the benefit, so the regulation had to be scrapped.Yes, this was one of those things that get stuck in a bill but nobody actually looks at potential consequences. No Democrat voted against this and Obama signed it.

It’s kinda funny how suddenly all the MAGAS care about the environment now :bibliahh:

i feel people are doing too much with why is no one talking about Ohio? And the fear mongering , a lot of misinformation out there

i mean it’s bad but it’s not Chernobyl bad 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

One of the least talked about stories, because it looks bad for both major parties and America was distracted by a balloon.

1 hour ago, Kamil24 said:

why is the media still not talking about this? :biblio: Corrupt as always. 

They're covering it a little more now, but they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into it. :dies: 

The EPA and the scientific community are parroting the corporate line that it's absolutely safe and that traces of carcinogens are low enough to be safe for humans. "Animals dying shouldn't be a deterrent because they're more sensitive to ecological disturbances than we are, and anyone who says otherwise is a dangerous conspiracy theorist." :dies: 

16 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

What’s the coverup? 

The NewsNation journalist that was arrested while DeWine was giving a press conference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.