Marburg virus outbreaks in Equatorial Guinea & Tanzania

Genius1111

The symptoms of the "non-identified illness" were nose bleeds, fever, joint pain and other ailments that caused death within a few hours, the head of health for the district, Ngu Fankam Roland, said in a statement.

Hopefully this will be dealt swiftly by the authorities.

Edited by Genius1111

given these very sparse details and im too lazy to research more about this breaking news, there is a bit of comfort in knowing this kills you in hours after symptomatic onset

If it remains asymptomatic for weeks until it starts showing and kills you in hours (w COVID u can tell its not as high of a mortality rate bc of how it causes olfactory dysfunction d/t inflammation days before the heavy breathing/dyspnea), pathology that can kill you very quickly tend to not be very viral agents (aka they dont transmit very well).

Hoping this is simply an isolated case in New Guinea.

Source: med student

Every time I log in here there's a new health scare. Over it...

It does sound like Ebola tho?

8 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Hoping this is simply an isolated case in New Guinea.

Source: med student

it literally says Equatorial Guinea four times in the post, New Guinea is somewhere else boo

5 minutes ago, abrantino said:

it literally says Equatorial Guinea four times in the post, New Guinea is somewhere else boo

Semantics. Im too tired i just wanna cackle on this side. Point is I pray for wherever place this incident happened in. My bad.

High and rapid mortality usually goes hand in hand with poor infectious capacity, so this is definitely not a new pandemic y'all. Let's hope the government of Equatorial Guinea is able to prevent it from spreading and killing more in the country.

1 hour ago, Bicassie said:

rip to those people 

i hope it does not spread

Something that kills people in hours cannot really spread too far tho

yeah if something kills too fast then there’s less chance of transmission

source: i play Plague Inc. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.