Most ridiculous Grammy snubs of all-time?

KatyPrismSpirit

Stripped definitely deserved to win best pop vocal album over justified. It also deserves an album of the year nod but I would have been fine if she won the pop vocal album category

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Mystic Boy

• Anye

• dabunique

22 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Katy not getting anything for TD era was shameful. 

I respect Katy for never crying about it though. She stayed classy, unlike some other female artists. 

Teenage Dream is still going strong to this day, so ultimately, she didn't need them anyway. The music speaks for its-self. 

E9K6wX9VEAsE1OG.jpg

I think you forgot to switch to your other account.

taylor.thumb.jpg.d621eb25b6882b6ad41972a

OT : Beyoncé, it's criminal at this point :biblio:

The biggest snubs should be the ones where the song/artist were not nominated at all. So in my opinion the Weeknd's 2020 snub was the most ridiculous ever

Revelación and Music Of The Spheres were crazy to me. They were both amazing, I don't understand why they didn't win. Well tbh, we all know why... 

18 hours ago, La Reina said:

This wasn't a snub but it's embarrassing how Britney's team dressed her up like Marilyn Monroe and made her perform (super off-key too btw) only for her to deservedly lose while Xtina just snatched any dress off the rack, didn't perform, and still won over her. :lmao: 

Did you know that Britney wasn't even 2nd in line to get it? She was in 3rd place cause if Xtina had lost, it would've gone to Macy Gray. :rip:

Didn't she have like a big elaborate staging too ? 

Celine being completely ignored starting with the A New Day Has Come era. :katie: I know she’s never been a critics’ darling but come on now. 

Edited by SoldierofLove

On 2/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, CroNich said:

this comes to mind… literally any of these women deserved it more than him, but Kesha especially was robbed

hard to say that's a snub when SOY is one of the biggest songs of this millennium

7 minutes ago, Trav said:

hard to say that's a snub when SOY is one of the biggest songs of this millennium

I didn’t realise the award was meant to go to the most commercially successful song of the lot?

33 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I didn’t realise the award was meant to go to the most commercially successful song of the lot?

It isn't, but commercial success if often a strong indicator of a good pop song, hence popular music. Seeing as SOY was more successful than the other 4 nominees combined then multiplied by 10, no one with a straight face could call it a "snub". Other deserving candidates, yes of course, but a snub? No, not at all.

In fact, the betting odds of the 2018 Grammys are indicative of just that https://www.sportsbettingexperts.com/2018-grammy-awards-betting-odds/ - Shape of You a massive favourite to win.

Hope you realize something going forward.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:09 PM, byzantium said:

I’ve never seen this one come up in a list of AOTY snubs outside Mariah fans.  

This, I’ve literally never seen anyone outside of a few pop bubbles on the internet (Twitter, ATRL, etc.) say anything else nominated that year should’ve won over JLP. It’s pretty unanimous. :deadbanana2:

I do think Mariah should’ve won Best Pop Vocal Album for Daydream, Best Pop Vocal Performance for Fantasy, and Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for One Sweet Day, so her being completely shut out was crazy. 

Edited by 1989

Glad so many people have already mentioned the Blinding Lights/After Hours debacle cause that was actually absurd :skull: 

1 hour ago, Trav said:

It isn't, but commercial success if often a strong indicator of a good pop song, hence popular music. Seeing as SOY was more successful than the other 4 nominees combined then multiplied by 10, no one with a straight face could call it a "snub". Other deserving candidates, yes of course, but a snub? No, not at all.

In fact, the betting odds of the 2018 Grammys are indicative of just that https://www.sportsbettingexperts.com/2018-grammy-awards-betting-odds/ - Shape of You a massive favourite to win.

Hope you realize something going forward.

I’m not denying SOY is a good pop song but let’s not pretend the GPs strong desire for a bland white male to be in the top spot hasn’t helped Ed with his success.

and I still disagree, i understand in reality that the more successful songs have a better chance at winning but in terms of quality and acclaim… yeah some of those girls were snubbed.

hope you realise something too…

having a commercial successful song does not mean it’s a good song… the GP have shown time and time again their taste is trash.

Edited by CroNich

4 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Didn't she have like a big elaborate staging too ? 

Yes, she even had special effects and everything. Too bad the GRAMMYS, unlike naïve stans, aren't dissuaded by pyrotechnics, fancy outfits, and elaborate stages. They saw right through her gimmicks and made the right decision by awarding raw, uninhibited talent. No wonder they're still fuming over it!

:gaygacat4:

Edited by La Reina

On 2/3/2023 at 11:13 PM, unclefloprry said:

Irreplaceable (Norteña Remix) at Latin Grammys

First time listening to this :deadbanana4: a bop tho :jamming:

On 2/4/2023 at 12:38 AM, La Reina said:

:ahh:

But speaking of Justified... it's a crime how Justified won Best Pop VOCAL Album over Stripped. That's just wrong and feels payola'd, like we're talking about vocals here. Xtina literally does whistle notes on Stripped, there's no way Justified is better than it vocally. So, Stripped was snubbed.

This comes up a lot, but the Best Pop Vocal category has nothing to do with quality of vocals. It just means Best Pop Album with vocals to differentiate it from the now defunct Best Pop Instrumental category.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.