• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• youreyesgocold

• V$.

• ninasayers

• noonbob

5 minutes ago, V$. said:

tumblr-inline-nuqqjp-U8e-J1s17jxj-500-1.

Ashley's light academia ivy League outfit :jonny:. The plaid skort, the Japanese know their fashion :giraffe:.

6 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Is it really? :jonny5:

Collapse incoming 

Haha no sis it was a joke :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, V$. said:

Added to OP!! Ugh why are all these straight men talking. LET ME HEAR THE GAME :skull:

The lighting is insane :jonnycat: and then the rain comes in and ruins everything again. FIX IT

Edited by youreyesgocold

Okay the rain does look incredibly bad in that gameplay video. Like it's genuinely distracting. :skull: Otherwise the game looks great.

Leon's arms :keir:

Him and Ashley both look so good :jonny:

I'm playing RE5 for the first time now and I don't know why people hate it ?!? It's actually a very good game. Sheva is also a great companion, I don't get the hatred for her :celestial5:.

On 2/5/2023 at 6:07 AM, Cleanromantic said:

I'm playing RE5 for the first time now and I don't know why people hate it ?!? It's actually a very good game. Sheva is also a great companion, I don't get the hatred for her :celestial5:.

I have NEVER gotten the hate either :deadbanana2: As a RE game, fine, it’s not as scary or puzzle focused. But it was still a good action game unlike RE6. I honestly think most of the hate echoes from shooter gamers who came from Gears of War and other action games and were frustrated you couldn’t move and shoot in a 2009 action game :skull:

Even the hate for the mechanics make no sense. The game is way better as a coop game as intended, but Sheva’s AI works absolutely fine. If you think she’s using too much ammo, just give her one gun to use (sniper is the best because she actually hits enemies in high up places and I think the AI aiming logic is not altered from other guns so she has no delay) and then use her other slots as pack mule slots. Like it’s not rocket science :skull:

3 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

I have NEVER gotten the hate either :deadbanana2: As a RE game, fine, it’s not as scary or puzzle focused. But it was still a good action game unlike RE6. I honestly think most of the hate echoes from shooter gamers who came from Gears of War and other action games and were frustrated you couldn’t move and shoot in a 2009 action game :skull:

Even the hate for the mechanics make no sense. The game is way better as a coop game as intended, but Sheva’s AI works absolutely fine. If you think she’s using too much ammo, just give her one gun to use (sniper is the best because she actually hits enemies in high up places and I think the AI aiming logic is not altered from other guns so she has no delay) and then use her other slots as pack mule slots. Like it’s not rocket science :skull:

Yeah, it's not really a survival horror game and doesn't follow the exploring and solving puzzles tropes but it's a fun action game, and AI Sheva saved me multiple times so far. 

New CG film announced! Chris and Leon as per ush BUT finally the CGI film debut of the QUEEN teased at the end of the trailer 

Edited by youreyesgocold

13 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

New CG film announced! Chris and Leon as per ush BUT finally the CGI film debut of the QUEEN teased at the end of the trailer 

Its gotta be a flashback because theirs no way Jill is still in her 20’s after a whole decade Lmfao, it’s a straight up copy and paste of her RE3R model. 

Unless Capcom is that incredibly lazy. :rip: 

6 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

Its gotta be a flashback because theirs no way Jill is still in her 20’s after a whole decade Lmfao, it’s a straight up copy and paste of her RE3R model. 

Unless Capcom is that incredibly lazy. :rip: 

Yeah I thought so too, but I saw  a Reddit thread yesterday where they captured a screen cap that had what could be Jill from the back…  so I think she just hasn’t aged :deadbanana2:

spacer.png

Also there’s a screen cap of a coffee cup with Rebecca’s name on it too, so I guess she’s back to play the damsel in distress like in the last movie getting ha redemption arc!! She was my re-mpg for so long despite the quality of RE0 and then they went and made her useless in a wedding dress and I became jaded. 

spacer.png

I need a film with the villans of RE8, especially miss Donna. Is it too much to ask for? :jonnycat:

On 2/5/2023 at 5:07 AM, Cleanromantic said:

I love that game, it's quite fun and although it's not horror like the previous ones is still quite decent and I love Sheva, she's a sweet but badass girl. I remember taking ages to finish it since I couldn't beat the "boss" from the industrial part lol and then with the final fight.

• 2 weeks later...

New interview video!! Confirmed that gross baby rat from RE8 is OUT-OUT :cm:

On 2/7/2023 at 7:45 PM, youreyesgocold said:

I've never watched any of the CGI films, but I will for Jill.  I need her playable in another game.  

6 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

I've never watched any of the CGI films, but I will for Jill.  I need her playable in another game.  

Some fans love them and use them as an excuse to drag the live action films, but tbh I find all of the cgi movies to be really boring and obtuse :deadbanana2:

I wouldn’t say any of them so far were good enough that I truly felt like watching them again a second time… give me Mila Jovovich being a bada*s any day. The first 3 live action movies are all way better than any of the cgi ones. also all the cgi movies have really weird lip flap issues - I don’t know why the real time cutscenes in all the games are able to actually sync better than pre-rendered films

spacer.png

The first live action RE is very underrated. It paid homage to the games and had some genuine scares, plus this look is undoubtedly iconic

MSDREEV_CM001.jpg

But the movies hammed it up by the second one and they really jumped the shark. 

On 2/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, Cleanromantic said:

The first live action RE is very underrated. It paid homage to the games and had some genuine scares, plus this look is undoubtedly iconic

MSDREEV_CM001.jpg

But the movies hammed it up by the second one and they really jumped the shark. 

Yeah the first one is actually really decent tbh. It has a few good jump scares and in the end I’m glad they did something different than just taking RE1 and putting it to film. IMO it actually got worse when they tried to bring more concepts from the games into the movies. They just threw random references everywhere (where did plaga enemies come from???) and had characters which were confusingly awful (Nemesis, Leon), disappeared from the storyline out of nowhere (Jill, Ada), or were just completely retconned in other films (Marcuses and Ashfords - I still dont understand why there were two daughters and what their sitch is). I actually wish they didn’t ham it up so much and just continued doing their own thing.

Hot take (maybe??) but Welcome to Raccoon City tried way harder to be similar to the games and it was even more cringey and awful. It felt like all they cared about was fan-service and being the complete opposite of what the Anderson films were. Alice and her plot incoherence >>>>> whatever that sh*t was. I watched it once and gave it a 7. Tried to watch it again twice and I couldn’t make it through. It was just awkward.  Games are games. Movies need to do their own thing. Influences are great here and there but I think they should end with that. 

How many RE films in total are there, including CGI? Seems like there's a new one every other month.

On 2/20/2023 at 7:42 PM, Tylerbv said:

How many RE films in total are there, including CGI? Seems like there's a new one every other month.

I didn’t really think about it before but this list is insane. What a cash cow :deadbanana2:

- 6 Milla Jovovich led live action films (Resident Evil, Apocalypse, Extinction, Afterlife, Retribution, The Final Chapter)

- 1 live action reboot film (Welcome to Raccoon City)

- 1 Netflix live action series (Resident Evil)

- 4 CGI films canon to the games (Degeneration, Damnation, Vendetta, Death Island)

- 1 Netflix CGI limited series canon to the games (Infinite Darkness)

Theres also a Japan only thing called 4D executor or something but I don’t know what it is tbh. 

I would say of the LA films, the first three Milla movies are enough. The CGI movies are fun if you’re a fan of Leon only the games, but even they aren’t that great 

Edited by youreyesgocold

New trailer just dropped with a look at some iconic moments!!

The minecart segment :jonnycat:

The two El Gigante battle :jonny6:

Mercenaries tease :bird:

Ashley attacking Leon??? :lakitu:

Krauser’s remake debut :biblio:

That stupid area where Ashley has to turn two cranks while you cover her :monkey:

The knife fight still having QTEs :rip:

Luis suddenly becoming a MC and inserted into every scene :biblionny:

Edited by youreyesgocold

More gameplay, including fight with daddy Krauser

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.