Viral tweet exposes society’s FATPHOBIA towards Sam Smith

Aren

Bad Bunny, Harry Styles and Lil Nas X are all praised for dressing feminine and showing off their bodies, whereas Sam Smith is dragged for doing the same. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• Negev

• paperfectdelusion

• Aren

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordofobia :ahh: the way I literally never heard anyone say this in Spanish until now

There's nothing being EXPOSEDT! lol it is a known fact that people are fatphobic. 

3 minutes ago, Richmond said:

maybe they spillt

Western society seems to be ready to accept men (or people who they perceive as men like Sam) dressing feminine, but god forbid they are fat while doing it.

I mean true, but also those 3 have good songs that all became hits at the time, meanwhile THAT song is a choice. 

They all look ridiculous :tsk:

The only reason the thinner ones (Harry and Bad Bunny) are doing better is because the straight girls find them attractive. They may have some LGBTQ fans, but for the most part, their audience appears to be straight women. 

Honestly I’ll just accept the fatphobic allegetions if that’s the only way certain people want to frame it. They look awful, it doesn’t look good on their body shape, there is like no time in history where someone who dressed like that has ever been considered attractive 

Edited by Redstreak

Yes, we know. What is the point in making the same thread multiple times a day. It's mostly gay men hating on them so what do you want us to do? Our community has serious problems, and a lot of gay men are shallow and only support people they deem attractive. 

Sam is not my cup of tea as an artist strictly but I don't mind them. They're doing their thing and I'm not mad, let's give people the floor to express themselves, no matter what they look like. What they're doing might break barriers for others like them. 

They have a #1 hit, Grammy nom and booked performance, so I'm sure they sleep just fine at night. Enough now.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
Pronoun error.

Yes, they are the target of a lot of fatphobia. They also objectively look bad because the outfit is not well styled not tailored to their body. Both can be true.

Of course people will not like sam:  they’re not attractive at all and they’re doing too much to look sexy when they’re clearly not 

and what exactly do you want us to do about that?

Mouchette

It's so funny to me when people try to act like Harry Styles and Bad Bunny get no criticism meanwhile y'all have been fuming about them non stop for the past two years :toofunny3:

Or maybe people think Sam's schtick right now is corny af? :gaycat2:

I feel like people are now trying to attach words like fatphobia and enbyphobia to this whole deal to try and make Sam immune to negative opinions, but in reality most people just think they suck/they're boring :coffee2:

But bad bunny and Harry styles do get backlash for dressing famine the only difference is that both have an entire army of fans to defend them against criticism unlike Sam who has very little support. I do believe Sam has every right to express themselves. They just need a better stylist imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.