• rl231

• wish

• bowdown

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

LjMkOQM.png

Kylie Verzosa Florence + The Machine - Grace
Starchild Johnny Cash - Hurt
Fifteen Denzel Curry - Melt Session #1 (feat. Robert Glasper)
Luckitty Strawberry Gashes - Jack Off Jill
Allday Anna Clendening - To My Parents
Delirious Christina Aguilera - Hurt
wish Fiona Apple - A Mistake
kittenish Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
Aurora Tove Lo - I'm To Blame
brycehooha Demi Lovato - Sober

Florence + The Machine - Grace

• Gateau - 10 - The nail has lost its head. Its got a concussion. pounded!
  • Luckystrike - 9 - Pretty much on theme, took me a few reads to fully digest because some lines are not very on the nose, but overall it’s a great entry for the theme.
  • Rotunda - 10 - This song seems to do most of what the prompt requires. We get a clear indication that Florence’s drinking has caused a problem for her family. We also get an indication that this is not a one-off event, but that Florence has habitually undervalued her sister.  
  • Supaspaz - 10 - She definitely seems like the problem for her sister. She ruined her birthday!

Johnny Cash - Hurt

• Gateau - 8 - Very VERY good, but there’s not enough specifics. Its there but not quite.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - It’s kind of there but just halfway there, like he’s obviously recognizing that he has issues and clearly states he has been bad to people, but it’s not really explaining what he did to others to make him feel that way, it’s kind of just like “yeah I suck”. 
  • Rotunda - 7- This is super vague to me in regard to what or who exactly Johnny Cash is hurting beyond himself. There are lines that allude to him being the problem, but I’m not sure exactly in what ways or to what extent, or if he’s just self-loathing
  • Supaspaz - 9 - One of my favorite songs of all time. Even though it’s a Nine Inch Nails cover, Johnny Cash brings an unmatched pathos reflecting on his past drug addiction (“The needle tears a hole/That old familiar sting”) and how it wreaked havoc on his life (“I will let you down/I will make you hurt”).

Denzel Curry - Melt Session #1 (feat. Robert Glasper)

• Gateau - 10 - Okay wow ummmm… this is heavy. This is a lot. A lot of explanations, and a lot of it is right on track. Ya aced it, B!
  • Luckystrike - 10 - At first, I thought this was way too wordy but then it just got extremely personal and everything he said fit incredibly well with the theme, he talks about many mistakes he’s made in a very detailed manner, acts towards himself and other people, and he expresses self-awareness and regret explicitly. Great job!
  • Rotunda - 9- Almost there. There’s a section in the song where Denzel implies the other friends are also part of “the problem” and that he’s just the only one of them willing to take accountability. To me, that moves us slightly off theme. Also please don’t make me endure something that verbose again. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - So self-flagellating that he’s circled all the way back around. The god complex is going to be his next problem.

Jack Off Jill - Strawberry Gashes

• Gateau - 5 - Not only is this not obvious like i TOLD y’all to make it (which, please, make it easy on us. Even if we had a week to go through each and every entry scoping out the meaning in them, there’s still a lot that would get misinterpreted) even the actual meaning of it isn’t exactly what we were asking for, since it lacks a lot of specifics and details.
  • Luckystrike - 5 - So I initially misinterpreted the whole theme of this song and gave you a 2, then Rotunda dragged me for getting a completely different meaning so I decided to revisit this, and once again I remind you all, this is why we always ask for STRAIGHT FORWARD entries, you can’t expect all of us to understand the meaning of your song if it has some weird ass metaphors in it that could mean many things. After analyzing this song way more than I should have, I still don’t think it’s a great fit. They feel guilty for leading the other person into an addiction but there’s not much self-awareness to gather.
  • Rotunda - 8.5 - Lucky is so stupid 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - Maybe she’s the problem for not being able to prevent her friend’s suicide. But this would be a stronger entry if she was reflecting on failings of her own character.

Anna Clendening - To My Parents

• Gateau - 10 - A female version of eminem’s cleanin out my closet, which makes me wonder if that was submitted in here yet.. hm
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Very direct and on the nose, reflects on her mistakes while growing up and acknowledges she could have done better.
  • Rotunda - 10- This hits everything for me, even if in a somewhat basic way. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - She’s certainly the problem for rhyming “mom and dad” with “I messed up bad.”

Christina Aguilera - Hurt

• Gateau - 6 - Definitely more vague and sorrowful than I would have liked. I mean the prompt pretty clearly said “the person should list out what they did” and then looking at the example song where taylor goes on and on about how she’s the problem, just for you to plop down this “blaming myself for blaming you” hits a bit like a thud !
  • Luckystrike - 6 - Kind of? I mean, there’s definitely elements of self-criticism in it but I feel like the overall theme of the song is her feeling guilty after losing someone rather than acknowledging her wrong doings, she even says she would “forgive all your mistakes'' so that also takes away from the main theme.
  • Rotunda - 6 - I regret not forgiving you sooner =/= I was the problem. You’re in the direction of the prompt though so you’ll get credit for that. 
  • Supaspaz - 7.5 - This fits the theme better than it’s being given credit for. Christina is expressing regret for refusing to extend grace to someone who caused her pain in the past and not repairing their relationship when she had the chance (“I'm sorry for blaming you/For everything I just couldn't do/And I've hurt myself by hurting you”). The shortcoming is that she is more focused on her own grief rather than the grief she may have caused in return.

Fiona Apple - A Mistake

• Gateau - 4 - idk what the other judges aren’t quite getting here, I mean she does say a couple things that are pretty on-board for the theme. Its a bit vague for my taste but not quite as tragique as they are making it seem.
  • Luckystrike - 1 - She’s not self criticizing nor recognizing she is the problem anywhere in the song.
  • Rotunda - 1.5 -  Be ******* for real. She literally ends the song by saying she’s good to almost everyone. She just wants to be in her City Girl era and Act Up a bit. 
  • Supaspaz - 1 - This is why we don’t submit entries based on titles alone.

Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me

• Gateau - 5 - this is… a mess. And it WOULD score better with me with the theme I originally had pitched, but the prompt kinda says  “they are not bad people” and uhm he really did cross the line into being a bad person SO
  • Luckystrike - 4 - This kind of starts acceptable but as the song goes on he starts mentioning more and more stuff that has nothing to do with him and by the end he just turns it around and just implies he’s not to blame and starts blaming other people?
  • Rotunda - 4 - “Akon wrote ‘Sorry, Blame It On Me’ after footage surfaced of him raunchily dancing with a 14-year-old girl at a nightclub.” Anyway, all that weird **** aside,half the **** he’s apologizing for has nothing to do with him, and at the end he undercuts the apology by saying other folks are to blame. 
  • Supaspaz - 5 - I’ve never enjoyed this chintzy-ass song, which is perhaps why I’ve never really processed the lyrics before. That third verse gave me a good cackle. How was this a top ten hit?! Truly Akon’s imperial period. Anyway, the way it devolves from a perfect representation of the theme to a complete inversion of it is almost a work of art. Let’s split the difference.

Tove Lo - I'm To Blame

• Gateau - 2.5 - some elements are there but you kinda did miss the NOTICE in big capital letters when submitting seaux x
  • Luckystrike - 1 - One very slight mention of self-criticism but otherwise it’s just a song about a failed relationship, so not on theme at all
  • Rotunda - 1 - You only have yourself to blame for not reading the prompt. 
  • Supaspaz - 1 - Always read the instructions all the way through. “We do NOT want songs where the failings are solely from a romantic relationship.”

Demi Lovato - Sober

• Gateau - 7.5 - One thing to note when submitting (like i said previously tbh): if the prompt is about something, it will never score GREAT when its about one specific incident over and over again. I don’t think this is quite strong enough to truly convey what we’re looking for.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Pretty much perfect on every aspect to me, she apologizes to a lot of people and acknowledges her mistakes.
  • Rotunda - 10 - This isn’t super relevant, but the whole “I’m sorry to my future love, for the man that left my bed” lyric has never made sense to me. Demi wasn’t celibate, so what was she “saving” for the love of her life? Anyway, I think this song basically hits at everything, and makes it clear that Demi is habitually doing actions that cause strife for others. 
  • Supaspaz - 8 - Maybe you’re the problem for making me listen to a Demi Lovato song. This would be a stronger entry if we got a clear sense of how her drinking and drug use affected those around her. As it is, she’s just generally apologizing for not being sober anymore.

Favorites will be up next!

• ATRL Moderator

iPmwESQ.png

Guero Less Than Jake - The Science of Selling Yourself Short
Stevie Magdalena Bay - Chaeri
fais_2311 Rina Sawayama - Bad Friend
bowdown The Wonder Years - There There
touya kinomoto Kanye West - FML
Taeyeon Gracie Abrams - Block me out
Speezy Kendrick Lamar - U
selena_lavigne Justin Bieber - Sorry
TruGemini 24kGoldn - Mistakes
Auburn MGK, YUNGBLUD, & Travis Barker - I Think I'm Okay

Less Than Jake - The Science of Selling Yourself Short

• Gateau - 7 - I don’t get the feeling he’s  critiquing himself, more like he is upset at the way others have responded to his issues? I think it’s good, but not quite exactly to the level of scoring higher. 7 is perfectly fine. 
  • Luckystrike - 5 - He’s definitely the problem but I don’t feel like he references anything he’s done to anyone in the song, it’s all just about him being the worst person ever and he’s at peace with it.
  • Rotunda - 7- I mean, he’s certainly self-destructive in a way that has implications on others, but there’s literally one line that references that, and it kinda requires us to piece together whether the addiction is the reason why or whether it’s because of something else. 
  • Supaspaz - 6 - He’s definitely the problem for himself, but it’s not clear that he’s a problem for anyone else.

Magdalena Bay - Chaeri

• Gateau - 4 - This did not do it for me not at all. Zero specifics, one note, only a slight whiff of a mention for why things didn’t turn out well.
  • Luckystrike - 6 - Ehhh, there’s not a lot of reflection on her wrong doings, she feels like she should’ve been a better friend but there’s… not much to gather.
  • Rotunda - 7 - There’s certainly regret about how they handled the situation, but there’s minimal grappling with how the speaker made things worse for the friend. Depression comes off as a bigger problem than the friend here. 
  • Supaspaz - 5 - This suffers from the same problem as “Strawberry Gashes.” There’s something there in the way the narrator feels bad for not helping her friend as she wishes she could have, but it’s even less apparent what she supposedly did wrong.

Rina Sawayama - Bad Friend

• Gateau - 3 - Incredibly vague and as I’ve said before, cut the filler, get straight to the killer. There was more in this about having fun as besties than there was anything about her admitting her mistakes. Like I’m kind of confused how you could read the prompt, maybe check out the anti hero lyrics, and then be like “Yea that’ll cut it”. The only line I see she specifically says anything about something really being her fault was “maybe I overreacted” which she follows up with “but maybe you shouldn’t have” okay so is it your fault or not honeybun??
  • Luckystrike - 5 - This is very bare minimum, she barely even mentions any sort of mistake she made, she just recognizes she’s been a bad friend but it kinda just stays there and doesn’t go anywhere past just describing their relationship.
  • Rotunda - 7- You’re on the right track obviously, but this is very surface level. We don’t see how Rina’s actions impact or hurt the other person, nor do we get an idea of what Rina’s issue is beyond being flighty. 
  • Supaspaz - 6 - A case of telling, but not showing, the theme.

The Wonder Years - There There

• Gateau - 6 - This isn’t like..,.. Exactly there. But it fulfills it somewhat. Not entirely but just enough.
  • Luckystrike - 6.5 - It’s okay, some lines are a bit ambiguous and then some of them are not really mistakes but more just personality traits that he feels the need to apologize for, but there’s definitely a sense of him feeling like a burden that fits.
  • Rotunda - 6.5 - I guess. I mean, he’s basically just apologizing for being socially awkward. In a sense, yeah he definitely thinks he’s the problem but this all feels quite trivial. 
  • Supaspaz - 7.5 - It fulfills the theme, but the stakes are so low. How much grief could he really be causing by always standing in someone’s light?

Kanye West - FML

• Gateau - 2 - the only time there is a reference to anything about admitting wrongdoings, its… romantic. Which like we clearly said don’t do. And then the rest is ~haterz 2 tha left~ 
  • Luckystrike - 3.5 - There’s maybe like a line or two in the first verse that allude to him talking about some of the mistakes he has made but other than that I just don’t see how this fits the theme? Is it not about his haters?
  • Rotunda - 2 - There’s minimal accountability here. Kanye recognizes that he acts up when he’s off his meds but he doesn’t seem that apologetic about it. 
  • Supaspaz - 3 - Maybe he’s a problem for his prescribing physician? There are a couple of references here to things Kanye has done wrong, but he clearly seems to believe he’s more of a victim.

Gracie Abrams - Block me out

• Gateau - 7 - ignore the wordy critiques, wordy when the words are relevant = perfect 10, however the problem is a lot of these words are simply not relevant. Good but not great entry.
  • Luckystrike - 5 - I feel like it’s way too wordy and some lines are off-putting from the theme to the point where it feels more like a self-loathing song. It has hints of the theme but I don’t feel like it’s the focal aspect of the song.
  • Rotunda - 4 - This round is supposed to be about interpersonal/relational damage, and almost everything here is internal and extremely vague 
  • Superspaz - 2 - I am simply not seeing the theme here at all. This song is an almost entirely eternal song, in which the narrator grapples with the things she doesn’t like about herself and how she worries that other people see her.

Kendrick Lamar - U

• Gateau - 9 - Definitely an interesting take on the assignment, and pretty straight-forward. Good show.
  • Luckystrike - 6 - I don’t feel like this is as straight-forward, there’s definitely many layers to everything he is mentioning and I feel like it gets too self-loathing at some points. 
  • Rotunda - 8 - The way Lucky Michelle just refuses to be literate. It’s almost inspiring. Anyway, this is solid for the most part, but a lot of this is stuff Kendrick really shouldn’t be holding himself culpable for but is just a reflection of his larger depression forcing him to take ownership of things.
  • Supaspaz - 9 - A very interesting take on the theme, with Kendrick’s conscience berating him. Maybe he’s the problem – though there do seem to be a lot of things he’s getting the blame for that couldn’t actually be his fault.

Justin Bieber - Sorry

• Gateau - 3 - idk how you saw the “no romance” clause, heard the line “Cause I'm missing more than just your body” and thought it would fly. No ma’am. That was explicitly stated in order to filter out the ease of just finding a relationship problems song, like the one you just submitted. In theory its about apologies to the public, but in reality it is simply no. we SEE the lyrics. I saw the fishnets and they were ripped. I saw the lyrics and they were romantic. 
  • Luckystrike - 1 - If I could give you a zero I definitely would.
  • Rotunda - 1 - I get that you probably read the Genius page for this song and think that because Bieber says the song isn’t only about Selena that you’re in the clear, but you’re not. Lyrically, nothing alludes to this being anything more than a relationship song. 
  • Supaspaz - 1 - Let me just use my platform to say this should have won Video of the Year.

24kGoldn - Mistakes

• Gateau - 6 - congrats on being the one person to be able to recall a song by him other than Mood, however “so girl don’t even start, I’m asking you to let me know, my dear” strikes as too romantic for comfort for me. The ONLY reason this isn’t getting shut down by me like the other songs is because there are various things other than romantic issues that he is pointing out about himself.
  • Luckystrike - 8 - Decent enough, doesn’t go too in depth but tackles the theme pretty okayish.
  • Rotunda - 8 - We’re missing some of how the actions impact the other person, and a bit of accountability re: the narcissism but we’re good otherwise. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Ew, he’s definitely the problem, and I would be calling the cops on him if he pissed on my house. Not sure what others aren’t seeing in this one. The narrator lays out his bad behavior, takes responsibility for it and vows to change.

MGK, YUNGBLUD, & Travis Barker - I Think I'm Okay

• Gateau - 3 - This missed the mark on… a lot. The prompt states that the narrator must be a source of stress for other people and this should not be coming from the point of view of romance and I guess you skipped all that. Instead, this song talks about a prospective partner, not even someone who is currently dealing with the singers wrongdoings, and also the song being about a bad relationship in itself. No soup for you!
  • Luckystrike - 5 - I don’t think this mentions how his mistakes affect anyone else other than himself at all in this song.
  • Rotunda - 5 - This is all about self-destructive behavior, and nothing interpersonal 
  • Supaspaz - 4 - This might have worked better for the hedonism theme in round one.

Final results coming up next!

Let's never stream the god awful Anti Hero again for inspiring such a terrible round :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

xPahNDD.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which two tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Matthaei

1. Allday - 10.00 - IMMUNE
  2. Kylie Verzosa - 9.75
  3. Fifteen - 9.75
  4. brycehooha - 8.88
  5. Starchild - 7.75
  6. Luckitty - 6.38
  7. Delirious - 6.38
  8. kittenish - 4.50
  9. wish - 1.88
  10. Aurora - 1.38

Nirenberg

1. TruGemini - 8.00 - IMMUNE (1 ten)
  2. Speezy - 8.00 - NOT immune (0 tens)
  3. bowdown - 6.63
  4. Guero - 6.25
  5. Stevie - 5.50
  6. fais_2311 - 5.25
  7. Taeyeon - 4.50
  8. Auburn - 4.25
  9. touya kinomoto - 2.63
  10. selena_lavigne - 1.50

Overall Rank:

1. Allday - 10 (+5)

2. Fifteen - 9.75 (+2)

2. Kylie Verzosa - 9.75 (+16)

4. brycehooha - 8.88 (-3)

5. Speezy - 8 (+2)

5. TruGemini - 8 (+11)

7. Starchild - 7.75 (+7)

8. bowdown - 6.63 (+1)

9. Delirious - 6.38 (-1)

9. Luckitty - 6.38 (-6)

11. Guero - 6.25 (-6)

12. Stevie - 5.5 (-11)

13. fais_2311 - 5.25 (-3)

14. kittenish - 4.5 (+3)

14. Taeyeon - 4.5 (-2)

16. Auburn - 4.25 (-6)

17. touya kinomoto - 2.63 (-2)

18. wish - 1.88 (-5)

19. selena_lavigne - 1.5 (2+)

20. Aurora - 1.38 (=) :skull:

Cumulative Rank:

1. brycehooha - 9.42
  2. Guero - 8.33
  3. Luckitty - 8.29
  4. Kylie Verzosa - 8.13
  5. bowdown - 7.71
  6. Allday - 7.54
  7. Delirious - 7.50
  8. Stevie - 7.29
  9. Speezy - 7.29
  10. fais_2311 - 7.25
  11. Taeyeon - 7.17
  12. TruGemini - 7.04
  13. Fifteen - 6.96
  14. Auburn - 5.67
  15. wish - 5.59
  16. Starchild - 5.38
  17. kittenish - 5.38
  18. touya kinomoto - 4.79
  19. Aurora - 4.75
  20. Mariah4life - 4.19
  21. Alfred - 4.00
  22. selena_lavigne - 3.42

Which tribe is the winner and which is heading to tribal council?

Click the spoiler to find out!

The winning tribe with an average of 6.67 is....

LjMkOQM.png

Congratulations! You are all safe AGAIN this round!

That means, with an average of 5.25 (lol bombed), the favorites will be going to tribal council. One of you will become the third person voted out of ATRL Survivor 13.

When you are ready, please DM us in the Discord chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. Please also include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out, alongside with your vote. 

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 10 PM EST on Wednesday, February 15th. Remember, TruGemini is immune from elimination and cannot be voted for.

RT_zjk35iHDLx5rxvEydqskT8AjMqJihnrIc4Wj6

yes fans we survived another round :WAP:

There are plenty of lyrics in the Fiona song that depict a self-aware toxic person just like the theme asked for, but aurkay...

-

YASSSS MATTHAEI :clap3:

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

also **** you for this skull emoji *****, I'll show you how valuable Aurora Woods can be

we love this confidence!!! :heart::clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

not you rounding up chile, I had this gif ready to post from my quick math results

tumblr_mu463dmDTj1qkjfz1o1_250.gif

Anyways, congrats #TeamFans! Thanks for saving my ass again! :jonny5:

dalkasjdlskaj NO SATAN ALLOWED here!! this is a PG rated show!

6 minutes ago, Element said:

dalkasjdlskaj NO SATAN ALLOWED here!! this is a PG rated show!

2016ZeenaSchreck_Press_130916-1.jpg

6 hours ago, wish said:

There are plenty of lyrics in the Fiona song that depict a self-aware toxic person just like the theme asked for, but aurkay...

I love that you think that 

3 hours ago, Rotunda said:

I love that you think that 

I'm gonna make a mistake, I'm gonna do it on purpose
I'm gonna waste my time

When the day is done and I look back, the fact is I had fun fumbling around
All the advice I shunned and I ran where they told me not to run
But I sure had fun
So I'm gonna **** it up again, I'm gonna do another detour
Un-pave my path

I've acquired quite a taste
For a well-made mistake

As well as comparing herself to a "tick" (you know, a bug that sucks peoples bloods)

-

I may have missed the mark on the guilt part of the theme but straight 1s from 3/4 judges was definitely not expected with these lyrics comprising half of the song. Thanks @Gateau for at least acknowledging that I had some material in my entry...

2 minutes ago, wish said:

I'm gonna make a mistake, I'm gonna do it on purpose
I'm gonna waste my time

When the day is done and I look back, the fact is I had fun fumbling around
All the advice I shunned and I ran where they told me not to run
But I sure had fun
So I'm gonna **** it up again, I'm gonna do another detour
Un-pave my path

I've acquired quite a taste
For a well-made mistake

As well as comparing herself to a "tick" (you know, a bug that sucks peoples bloods)

-

I may have missed the mark on the guilt part of the theme but straight 1s from 3/4 judges was definitely not expected with these lyrics comprising half of the song. Thanks @Gateau for at least acknowledging that I had some material in my entry...

These lyrics aren’t giving what you think they are, and that’s ok, you’ll be able to try again next round :chick1:

xPahNDD.png

iPmwESQ.png

Welcome Tribe Nirenberg to the 3rd Tribal Council of the season. One of you will become the third person voted out of this game. 

If anyone has an item to play, now would be the time to do so...

No one stands, so I'll read the votes...

First vote...

8558B0E2-E44D-4AB7-A692-57D17A6358EF.jpg

Second vote...

SL.png

That's two votes selena_lavigne.

Third vote...

IMG_7722.jpg

That's 3 votes selena_lavigne.

Fourth vote...

Parchment2.png

Fifth vote...

MagicEraser_230215_234442.png

Sixth vote...

And the 3rd person voted out of ATRL Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites...

PhotoGrid_Plus_1676451358864.jpg?width=1

@selena_lavigne, the tribe has spoken.

Thanks for playing!

Edited by rl231

stream glue song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.