Survivor: ATRL Edition - Fans vs. Favorites (Season 13) | FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL

rl231

did i hear im sorry my dears but neither one of u survived this lipsync for the patrick star? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• wish

• bowdown

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kittenish said:

did i hear im sorry my dears but neither one of u survived this lipsync for the patrick star? 

no im sorry aurora congrats u ate (jellyfish) 

3. @Taeyeon vs. @touya kinomoto

photography-trend-surreal-photo-of-woman

Taeyeon: SOPHIE - Is It Cold in the Water?

touya kinomoto: Train - Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)

JUDGMENTS

SOPHIE - Is It Cold in the Water?

• Boys - 8 - I didn’t connect with the song at all but I feel like the lyrics definitely connect with the photo and also the erratic sounds we hear in the song do give you a space vibe. Which makes me think of the planet the girl in the photo is walking off towards so good job. 
  • Clue - 10 - You’re trying to ******* kill me. One of my favorite songs of all time. Could not have picked anything better, in my opinion. The planet goes with the water which goes with the vibe of this song literally flawlessly.
  • Not Like the Movies - 9 - Strong choice, it works really well conceptually like I see the vision. 
  • Staryu - 9 - Sophie isn’t really for me but I do think this song fits the vibes of the picture more for me and knowing Sophie and what she was like, this picture just fits her more for me.

Train - Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)

• Boys - 9.5 - I actually liked this a lot great choice *****.
  • Clue - 8.5 - Iseeya Queen.
  • Not Like the Movies - 8.5 - Another good entry! 
  • Staryu - 8.5 - Very cute choice but the vibes are a little too soccer mom minivan soundtrack for it to be better than the Sophie choice. 

AND THE WINNER IS...

TAEYEON WITH A 9.0!! Touya, you were 0.25 off and will be headed to Tribal Council.

Edited by rl231

:deadvision: congrats tho Aurora and not Delirious :cries: already 2 of the og tribe heading to council 

4. Kids Playing in the Fountain

@bowdown vs. @Stevie

zJaAlWT.png

bowdown: Lindsay Potter - Joy In Your Waters

Stevie: Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes

JUDGMENTS

[spoiler]

Lindsay Potter - Joy In Your Waters

• Boys - 8 - I can see where you were headed with this one. The kids clearly are finding their joy in the water. Even if I look at it from a religious aspect which the song kind of gives off that vibe it could be like a poor man's baptism with all the kids going at one time or something.
  • Clue - 9.5 - Awful song, but great fit.
  • Not Like the Movies - 7 - I see what you were going for but it did not quite connect for me fully. 
  • Staryu - 6 - This did not fit the picture’s energy for me at all, this feels like a Christian song and these kids are not being baptized. The title is the only great part of this choice.

Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes

• Boys - 8.5  - Sonically I think yours fits more for me even though I want a little more from the lyrics as far as how they are getting wet. The song references going out at night to get wet whereas these kids are still out in the day in a pool vs the rain that's mentioned in your song but I do like the choice.
  • Clue - 10 - You’re insane.
  • Not Like the Movies - 7.5 - This was just average to me conceptually. I get what you trying to do but it’s just alright to me. 
  • Staryu - 8 - This song definitely fits more for me, the lyrics and the sound of it, it’s more playful, the song itself is **** but it works better for this picture for me.

[/spoiler]

AND THE WINNER IS...

STEVIE with an average of 8.50! bowdown, with a 7.63, you'll be headed to Tribal Council.

5. Pearl Grimacing

@Luckitty vs. @wish

MCDPEAR_EC022.jpeg?width=2160&height=899

Luckitty: Tori Amos - Happy Phantom

wish: Lordi - Devin Hides Behind Her Smile

JUDGMENTS

Tori Amos - Happy Phantom
  • Boys - 10 - You hit the nail on the head with this one personally. I can actually picture this crazy ***** doing an audition to this music and killing everyone by the end of it.
  • Clue - 10 - It’s theatrical. It names actors. This couldn’t be better.
  • Not Like the Movies - 10 - YES, fits perfectly. 
  • Staryu - 10 - You dug deep and researched and I can tell, you found a flawless choice, I love the theater vibes of the song and the lyrics match Pearl as well.

Lordi - Devil Hides Behind Her Smile

• Boys - 8.5 - The lyrics were spot on for this and definitely hit the photo along with the song title. Sonically I didn’t care for it at all tbh.
  • Clue - 8 - Awful song, but sure.
  • Not Like the Movies - 7.5 - Cute choice lyrically. 
  • Staryu - 7 - Honestly, one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard and sonically it just does not go with Pearl for me, the title/lyrics are good though.

AND THE WINNER IS...

LUCKITTY WITH STRAIGHT 10S!!! wish, with a 7.75, you'll be headed to Tribal Council.

Edited by rl231

6. Working on Jigsaw Puzzle

@Luckitty vs. @wish

wQ7cwRH.png

fais_2311: The Rolling Stones - Jigsaw Puzzle

Kylie Verzosa: Florence + the Machine - The Bomb

JUDGMENTS

The Rolling Stones - Jigsaw Puzzle
  • Boys - 4 - A little too on the nose I think?
  • Clue - 1 - At least pick “Jigsaw Falling Into Place”.
  • Not Like the Movies - 1 - Y’all cannot be serious 
  • Staryu - 4 - Such a lazy choice, no depth to this at all.

Florence + the Machine - The Bomb

• Boys - 5 - Sonically I like your choice more but I am confused with the lyrics. My best guess is that these two don’t fit together with the way they see their relationship and how it should go just like when you try to put some puzzle pieces together and they don’t fit?
  • Clue - 5.5 - Have no idea what you tried to do here. The song’s about her not being able to fit with this person? The “bomb” blows up stuff in her life and she has to put the pieces back together? Idk. You couldn’t explain yourselves with this challenge so…
  • Not Like the Movies - 5 - This isn’t that great conceptually but at least it’s more creative than the other lazy choice. 
  • Staryu - 6.5 - I feel sonically this matches great, it has a warmth to it similar to the picture. Lyrically I’m not so sure, maybe she’s trying to piece together her life like the puzzle? Idk, either way it’s a better choice than the other lazy song. 

AND THE WINNER IS...

KYLIE VERZOSA with a 5.50! fais, with a 2.50, you'll be headed to Tribal Council.

7. Nene Leakes Perplexed by Menu

@Guero vs. @TruGemini

FlmO8AkXoAA8yNb?format=jpg&name=small

Guero: Raye Davies - Other People's Lives

TruGemini: Gregory Brothers - Rent: Too Damn High!

JUDGMENTS/RESULTS:

Raye Davies - Other People's Lives
  • Boys - 7.5 - The lyrics are there for sure but the sound is not matching the blackness of Miss Linnethia Monique Leakes in the photo.
  • Clue - 7 - Cute lyrics, but the sound is so wrong.
  • Not Like the Movies - 6.5 - Lyrically on point, sonically absolutely not. 
  • Staryu - 7 - Lyrically, it’s a yes, sonically, a big no. 

Gregory Brothers - Rent: Too Damn High!

• Boys - 10 - The title alone sent me and then the struggle to even find the song by these men confused me. Once I hit play I was gagged because I didn’t see this coming but it’s definitely fitting.
  • Clue - 10 - I’m ******* dead.
  • Not Like the Movies - 10 - LMAOOO, oh you know you ate! 
  • Staryu - 10 - I can hear Nene saying the lyrics to this song in my head, so it works perfectly for me.

AND THE WINNER IS...

TruGemini with a 10! Guero, you'll be headed to Tribal Council with your 7.

xPahNDD.png

A formal results post will be coming later, but to summarize, here are the people going to Tribal Council and those who are a part of the merged tribe!

TRIBAL COUNCIL:

bowdown

Delirious

fais_2311

Guero

kittenish

touya kinomoto

wish

MERGED TRIBE:

Aurora

brycehooha

Kylie Verzosa

Luckitty

Stevie

Taeyeon

TruGemini

A couple notes here:

1. You are NOT permitted to speak to anyone in the opposing group or pass items at this time - this includes pair chats.
  2. For the Tribal Council crew, votes are due at 9 PM EST! Best of luck.

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/5/2023 at 3:40 AM, Element said:

There are three opportunities to gain an advantage in the game by leveraging the secret partners aspect:

1) Test of Proficiency

Each round, the pair with the highest average score in the challenge will be given an opportunity to earn a reward. Once your pair receives this opportunity twice, it will not be granted again. Note that this prize will not be granted without additional sacrifice.

2) Test of Resilience

If your pairing is the final one left in the game, you will receive a reward. Alternatively, if multiple pairs survive until the final 8, they will receive a reward of lesser caliber. The more pairs remaining at that time, the less impactful the reward.

3) Test of Surveillance

The first contestant (not pair) to correctly identify all 11 secret pairings will win a reward. Every day, you will be able to submit ONE single guess of all the pairs in your private Discord confessional. Leverage your social talents and observational skills to piece this puzzle together.

At the beginning of the game, three tests were given to the contestants. Here is the current status of each:

1) Test of Proficiency

With the merge upon us, this opportunity has concluded.

2) Test of Resilience

This opportunity is still active.

3) Test of Surveillance

With the merge upon us, this opportunity has concluded. Those who did not guess the pairs correctly will have to rely on other contestants to find out the info, but the hosts will not confirm.

• ATRL Moderator

I see we never got rankings from last night x

ROUND 8 RANKINGS

1. Luckitty - 10 (+9)

1. TruGemini - 10 (+2)

3. brycehooha - 9.875 (=)

4. kittenish - 9.375 (+10)

5. Taeyeon - 9 (-4)

6. touya kinomoto - 8.75 (-5)

7. Stevie - 8.5 (-1)

8. wish - 7.75 (+5)

9. bowdown - 7.625 (+1)

10. Guero - 7 (-3)

11. Kylie Verzosa - 5.5 (-2)

12. Aurora - 5.25 (-7)

13. Delirious - 4.25 (-1)

14. fais_2311 - 2.5 (-6)

OVERALL RANKINGS

1. brycehooha - 9.38

2. Taeyeon - 8.40

3. Luckitty - 8.26

4. TruGemini - 8.24

5. bowdown - 8.12

6. Delirious - 7.86

7. Guero - 7.81

8. Stevie - 7.67

9. wish - 7.66

10. Kylie Verzosa - 7.61

11. touya kinomoto - 7.53

12. fais_2311 - 7.31

13. Aurora - 6.72

14. kittenish - 6.59

• ATRL Moderator

TC results on the next page!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.