☠️ One Piece Live Action | renewed for 2nd season | TV Show of the year

Anye

If (or when at this point) we do get season 2, im assuming it’s going to cover the whole Alabasta Saga, 

Spoiler

Seeing them enter the Grand Line, meeting Laboon, meeting Miss Wednesday/ Viví and getting introduced to the members of Baroque Works, Drum Island/ introduction of Chopper, the giants, and then the main Alabasta Arc which is the first long-running arc in the series. 

I’m curious to see how they’d fit all that in 8-10 episodes, it’s hard to imagine how they’d cut anything out or change some of the storylines for Alabasta Saga seeing as they are all pretty important. It’s pretty packed, more than East Blue. In fact, I’d say everything from now is pretty packed, considering most arcs from this point forward are long-running. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• illia

• Anye

• fridayteenage

• Totami Legend

Just got to Arlong properly meeting the crew and he freaks me out so much. I just started watching the anime over the summer and finished Arlong Park so it's fresh to me how sinister he is :gaycat7:

3 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

If (or when at this point) we do get season 2, im assuming it’s going to cover the whole Alabasta Saga, 

Hide contents

Seeing them enter the Grand Line, meeting Laboon, meeting Miss Wednesday/ Viví and getting introduced to the members of Baroque Works, Drum Island/ introduction of Chopper, the giants, and then the main Alabasta Arc which is the first long-running arc in the series. 

I’m curious to see how they’d fit all that in 8-10 episodes, it’s hard to imagine how they’d cut anything out or change some of the storylines for Alabasta Saga seeing as they are all pretty important. It’s pretty packed, more than East Blue. In fact, I’d say everything from now is pretty packed, considering most arcs from this point forward are long-running. 

They can do:

Loguetown (1 episode)

Reverse Mountain (1 episode)

Whisky Peak (1 episode)

Little Garden (1 episode)

Drum Island (2 episodes)

Alabasta (4 episodes)

They'd fit the entire saga in 10 episodes just fine

Edited by Flomik

We want Robin next season

• Like 1

I don't know what I expected but I expected better based on the comments. i'm on episode 3, I'm enjoying it but not with great enthusiasm.

this is 'Wednesday' level of writing. at least people were critical of 'wednesday' when it came out so I had set my expectations accordingly when I watched it.

i will say this, the guy who plays Luffy is extremely charismatic and carries the show on his back. that's a star right here. but that's also a problem, the rest of the cast is pretty bland in comparison so far.

• Like 1

I don't even care how they'll do Chopper in season 2 because I'm sure they'll come up with something anyway, just like they managed to do Luffy's gomu gomu attacks pretty well so I'm not worried.

What I AM worried about is Robin. The writing team and the actress better NAIL Robin's slayage and cvntiness that will be my make or break :jonny5: One of my most favorite One Piece characters

Edited by Flomik

10 hours ago, Flomik said:

I don't even care how they'll do Chopper in season 2 because I'm sure they'll come up with something anyway, just like they managed to do Luffy's gomu gomu attacks pretty well so I'm not worried.

What I AM worried about is Robin. The writing team and the actress better NAIL Robin's slayage and cvntiness that will be my make or break :jonny5: One of my most favorite One Piece characters

Robin is my ultimate fav.

They need to find maybe Egyptian or Persian actress for Robin don’t you think? They prop will do Robin justice, look wise.

On 9/5/2023 at 4:57 PM, Pinter said:

Im surprised this got positive reviews :rip:

OT.  Is the girl playing nami is trans? She has huge adam apple. 

Even if she WAS trans, what a weird thing to ask. I bet you're some scrawny looking dude irl who went to the gym and is now proud of his thin chest muscles :toofunny2:

Edited by kataraqueen

On episode 3 and I still don't know how I feel about this.

I started waching the anime 20 years ago and pick up the manga like 10 years ago. It's my favorite fiction of any kind, so probably my expectations for the LA is too high :emofish:

For now the manga remain superior

On 9/7/2023 at 11:22 PM, katara said:

Also Nami is a legend. Can't wait for queen Robin to appear next season :WAP:

Wait not both of us absolutely living for Nami and Robin :jonny4: hello sister

2 hours ago, EarthJang said:

I started waching the anime 20 years ago and pick up the manga like 10 years ago. It's my favorite fiction of any kind, so probably my expectations for the LA is too high :emofish:

I also dont understand wih the hype, its just another failed attempt to recreate the masterpiece that is the manga version, the girl playing nami getting mocked by my local cosplayers because she has such a huge adam apple and luffy sudenly is curly... The oly good actor is mackenyu as zoro.. I wish they are brave enough to do all asians casts for the main characters... 

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Pinter said:

I also dont understand wih the hype, its just another failed attempt to recreate the masterpiece that is the manga version, the girl playing nami getting mocked by my local cosplayers because she has such a huge adam apple and luffy sudenly is curly... The oly good actor is mackenyu as zoro.. I wish they are brave enough to do all asians casts for the main characters... 

people like you are so f*cking annoying. The characters were never intended to be Asian. Don't pretend like you care about the original source material then directly contradict the maker of said material 💀 those cosplayers mock her 'cause they're little femboys who wish they were born female. Next

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

screentime per youtube:

Luffy 192 mins

Zoro 168 mins

Nami 167 mins

Usopp 112 mins

Sanji 67 mins

Koby 66 mins

Garp 48 mins

Helmeppo 39 mins

Arlong 35 mins

Kaya 30 mins

8 hours ago, Pinter said:

Why the hell would they all be Asians if Oda (the author himself) already stated what nationalities they would have in real life?

And guess what, the only Asian one is Zoro

(Jinbe too but we won't be seeing him for the next 4-5 seasons)

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Pirates/Miscellaneous#Nationalities

Good afternoon all, can someone tell me if this is suitable for me to watch as a 40 year old man? Or is it geared more towards teens. I have never watched the anime either

7 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Good afternoon all, can someone tell me if this is suitable for me to watch as a 40 year old man? Or is it geared more towards teens. I have never watched the anime either

I think you could watch it and it's not necessarily for teens, more of a young-ish (zennial maybe) adult demographic. They adapt it really well to tone down over-the-top unrealistic anime personalities. There are some silly things like the cartoon-ish gum gum attacks but it's endearing. Maybe the mini arc of the first 2 episodes could be a good gauge?

OT: I'm wrapping up and I found the fishmen arc to be kinda disappointing compared to the anime. I know they needed it to be brief because so much was already being covered, but it felt like nobody was even struggling. Considering how integral Arlong is to a main character's origin story I felt like it was a disservice

• Thanks 1

Finished the show last night ... it ATE! Like they really exceeded my expectations so much!

A few things they can improve on later down on, but it was a very solid first showing! 

On 9/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, EarthJang said:

The manga will always remain the superior version for this type of action manga. The world building is insane. So dont set unrealistic expectation like that.

This live action has its flaws but they nail the casting/the set and the cgi also surprisingly good.

Netflix needs to keep this energy and budget for future seasons (and hopefully they dont cancelled this because of budget issue, the backlash will be insane)

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:29 AM, Anye said:

Robin is my ultimate fav.

They need to find maybe Egyptian or Persian actress for Robin don’t you think? They prop will do Robin justice, look wise.

I can see someone like Sofia boutella or Anya Chalotra pulling it off well. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.