#OneLoveManchester | Full Concert in OP

Kim Kardashian

Roman Holiday

Rewatching this with my Mom and woo! Miley, Ari, Katy, Niall, and Beiber were serving vocals. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blue Momo!
5 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Did you guys not hear what Ariana said? One of the victim's mom told her "Olivia would want you to play the hits!" A depressing concert full of teary ballads and candlelight singalongs would have been the wrong tone. This was about celebrating life, music and love - and yes, that includes fun bops about getting railed.

No disrespect but who is Olivia and why is she more important than the rest of the victims?

PoisonPill
Just now, Blue Momo! said:

No disrespect but who is Olivia and why is she more important than the rest of the victims?

She's a 15 year old girl who was murdered in the attack and whose mother Ariana met before the concert. Why would anyone say one victim is more important than another...?

emmanuel_punk

Justin :weeps:

btw this concert got a better lineup than all the award shows this year so far lmao

ShouldersSideways
31 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

She's a 15 year old girl who was murdered in the attack and whose mother Ariana met before the concert. Why would anyone say one victim is more important than another...?

right? 

what is wrong with some of these people :deadbanana: 

PoisonPill

I know that OLT has become the "anthem" from this tragedy, but it should've closed after Coldplay and Liam. They completely stole the show.

chilicheese01

I enjoyed the Coldplay and Oasis songs the most! Too bad Oasis couldn't reform for a quick performance. :(

I love how Shawn gets one of the loudest receptions, but when twenty one pilots show up right after, it sounds like a girl nearly faints @1:38. :deadbanana2: 

1 hour ago, samito said:

What happens to Pharrel? He looked like he was so done:doc:

He was better than Miley and singing is like the third best thing he's good at :michael:

Miley and Ari were great together. Their combined stage presence was perfect. I also didn't realise that Crowded House song was that well known :skull: but it's one of my favourites. My respect for Ari has gone up tremendously after all of this. Bless ha. 

1 hour ago, Blue Momo! said:

She's not "more important." The only reason you might hear about her more in the grand scheme of things is because her mother was on CNN/other news outlets trying to find her hours after it happened and the next day. Her picture was shared all over social media as well. So a lot of people knew about her while she was still considered missing.

SevenFootSounds
1 hour ago, hOAng said:

Whoa everyone was amazing, this is actually better than any award shows in the past 3 years.

Because this had feeling. It had emotion and brought people together. I think as an artist this is one amazing thing to do. 

3 hours ago, hOAng said:

Whoa everyone was amazing, this is actually better than any award shows in the past 3 years.

True :eek:

Heldenzeit

This was really beatiful.

Seeing Ari standing on the stage kinda broke my heart though. The way she walks and talks shows that she is a little girl still. Especially the bit where she was just standing there in awe, while Coldplay played a song to her. And to think what kind of nightmare all the affected have to be going through really is doing things to me. She's a pure angel and I hope she, as everyone else, feels the love in the pop community! We're here for each other and wanna help healing. :heart2:

BravoTangoWhiskey

I'm rewatching it and I'm in tears again. What a wonderful thing Ariana did. Major props to her for doing this. I've definitely been converted into a stan :cries:

Kim Kardashian

My fave parts were definitely:

Better Days

Don't Dream It's Over

My Everything (the little girl :weeps:)

One Last Time

PoisonPill

Coldplay absolutely stole the show (though can't believe they didn't do ASFOS), but amazing moments were also Liam, children's choir, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Courtney Love

Not that it's a competition but Somewhere over the Rainbow, One Last Time and Ariana's story about Olivia and her mum were the best moments of the concert and definitely stole the show. 

Archived