S Club 7 Hannah Spearritt left homeless as family spent Christmas in friend's office

Gwendolyn

skynews-hannah-spearritt-s-club-7_603880

Hannah Spearritt, the S Club 7 singer, has revealed she was homeless over Christmas and has spent the past six months living in multiple temporary homes with her family.

Spearritt, 41, said she had to move into a friend's office after being forced out by a landlord.

In the last six months, the singer has lived in four temporary homes with her partner, Adam Thomas, and their two children who are three and four-years-old.

Speaking to The Sun, Spearritt said they had no choice but to move after a landlord left them with two days to find a new place to stay.

"Our landlord needed the money and the property sold so fast," she said.

"What screwed us is we didn't have time to find another place. We had somewhere over Christmas but ran out of time before we could move in. It was just a couple of weeks.

"We were allowed to stay in our friend's office. We just used it as our living room.

"It was extra space. It was stressful but you deal with it, don't you? Especially with the kids."

She added: "People think we must all be millionaires but sadly it's just not true. It was what it was and we enjoyed ourselves at the time."

She said that the band's wages weren't anything "compared to the money being made".

In 2018, Paul Cattermole, another member of S Club 7, sold his Brit award for £66,000 after stating he had "bills to pay".

According to The Sun, Spearritt earned £150,000 a year when she was performing with S Club 7.

The band achieved chart-topping success from 1998 until they split in 2003 - however, they have since reunited for tours across the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/s-club-7-singer-hannah-spearitt-reveals-homeless-struggles-people-think-we-must-all-be-millionaires-but-sadly-its-just-not-true-12797297

How they couldn’t buy a house back in the day? Pretty irresponsible I think.

i love her, she looks just like Britney, so beautiful 

• ATRL Moderator

This is so sad. And unfortunately, it seems that a lot of artists who were briefly popular during that '90s heyday for the record labels got screwed out of a lot of money.

This is sad and I hate it for her children. I was going to say I wonder how is it do they find themselves with such low income when S Club were so popular. But I guess first it goes through the label, writers and producers and then with 7 members of course any residuals they receive is probably pennies and nickels. 

Edited by Arcadius

Omg had no idea she was financially struggling. So weird. 

I’m genuinely surprised. I thought I remembered Hannah being on the higher scale of success amongst the group members, considering all of the work she was doing as an actress (some of them being incredibly successful and notable in the UK).

The Paul tidbit is fathomable, though. Haven’t heard anything of note he’s done since leaving the group prematurely.

With just about everything being rebooted these days, I would love to see her hired for a new series of Primeval.

7 hours ago, Xtianlofbritney said:

How they couldn’t buy a house back in the day? Pretty irresponsible I think.

i love her, she looks just like Britney, so beautiful 

I always heard that the members of S Club 7 made barely anything from their success.

I mean its no secret that they made pennies back in the day.

Hannah's own parents even sued their manager Simon Cowell because they each only made $150k a year despite generating over $75 million.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071230102123/http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20030427/ai_n12866023/pg_1

6 minutes ago, johnny_9ss said:

I mean its no secret that they made pennies back in the day.

Hannah's own parents even sued their manager Simon Cowell because they each only made $150k a year despite generating over $75 million.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071230102123/http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20030427/ai_n12866023/pg_1

this is so unfair damn. I wish the courts could over turn it, they deserve at least $2 million each 

It always baffle me how these celebrities didn't invest their money when they had the chance and secure their future.... :rip:

Stuff like this reminds me of Lisa Lopez on TLC's Behind the Music breaking down how evil label contracts can be. The thing that gets me here is how it's in any way legal to evict people with only two days notice. I believe that's illegal in the UK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.