Lockwood & Co. | Ghost hunters series | Now on Netflix | RT 100%

Anye

In London, the most talented teenage ghost-hunters journey nightly into dangerous combat with deadly spirits. Among the many adult-staffed corporate agencies, one small startup is alone: Lockwood & Co., operated by two teenage boys and a psychically gifted girl who are a renegade trio free of financial motives, adult supervision and destined to unravel a mystery that will change history's course.

Series developed by Joe Cornish for Netflix based on Jonathan Stroud's book series of the same name. The series consists of eight episodes, and premiered on 27 January 2023. It follows the plot of the first two books, The Screaming Staircase and The Whispering Skull.

Edited by Anye

On episode 5, love it so far. Could be as big as Wednesday but with better stories and acting.

I would like to check this out but I fear it may be a bit juvenile for my taste. As a 40 year old man would I enjoy it? Or does it give more teen drama

If anyone likes it, give Jonathan’s “Bartimeus” trilogy a read. You won’t regret it, ever. 

On 1/28/2023 at 10:14 AM, HotFriedChicken said:

I would like to check this out but I fear it may be a bit juvenile for my taste. As a 40 year old man would I enjoy it? Or does it give more teen drama

Yes you can enjoy it. The teen drama is like 10% of the whole series.

Anyway Netflix spent $0 on promotion on this, I cant. This show deserves better.

Reviving this thread cause this is seriously the best series Netflix has released in quite a time. Like I'm seriously considering giving a rewatch.

The production design, cinematography, suspense, world-building, character development, romance, mystery, chemistry, the cast... :jonny:

It has some plot details but tied up everything nicely with two amazing last episodes unlike others (ahemSandman), has a perfect world-building that every other fantasy series and film nowadays lack (ahemLocke & Key), and the heart that others fail to give (ahemShadow & Bone). 

Sad that this will get cancelled inevitably due to the lack of promotion... I hate Netflix. It truly could've been bigger if marketed correctly.

21 hours ago, D/X said:

Reviving this thread cause this is seriously the best series Netflix has released in quite a time. Like I'm seriously considering giving a rewatch.

The production design, cinematography, suspense, world-building, character development, romance, mystery, chemistry, the cast... :jonny:

It has some plot details but tied up everything nicely with two amazing last episodes unlike others (ahemSandman), has a perfect world-building that every other fantasy series and film nowadays lack (ahemLocke & Key), and the heart that others fail to give (ahemShadow & Bone). 

Sad that this will get cancelled inevitably due to the lack of promotion... I hate Netflix. It truly could've been bigger if marketed correctly.

This was like the second time they twitted this show :rip:

21 hours ago, D/X said:

I can't escape Youtube ads with this show.

18 hours ago, mystery said:

I can't escape Youtube ads with this show.

So the promo begins

• 3 months later...

As any ATRL title would say, "Any surprises?"

Not even upset cause it was pretty obvious, I mean...

On 2/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, D/X said:

Edited by D/X

This was cute but did not perform all that well. Plus Netflix bought the rights to DC’s Dead Boy Detectives which is fairly similar so the writing was on the wall sadly.

oh nooooooo

i was so eager to watch ittt

how i hate netflix :rip: 

That's why I watch more Asian series... Netflix cancels many western series:deadbanana2:

This was entertaining, however, it was obvious that they could cancel it, it didn't spend much time at the top, it's a shame

Well, I was gonna check this out, but... :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.