Police who murdered Tyre Nichols charged with 2nd-degree murder

Communion

20 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Wow, the initial police statement watered down the description of the event SUPER hard.

And “liberal” mainstream media have been following the police department’s lead in describing this utter beat down in as passive a voice as possible.

And yet people are still willing to be so credulous of the police. :skull: Thank God for body cams. Can you imagine how much other **** there is that the police just lie about every day? And then people's gut instinct is *still* to just trust police, defend police unless insurmountable evidence to the contrary is presented to which point they'll still nitpick.

4 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

And yet people are still willing to be so credulous of the police. :skull: Thank God for body cams. Can you imagine how much other **** there is that the police just lie about every day? And then people's gut instinct is *still* to just trust police, defend police unless insurmountable evidence to the contrary is presented to which point they'll still nitpick.

Unironically been seeing "Tyre brought it upon himself by attempting to run away" as if they weren't already beating the **** out of him before that point :skull:

23 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Unironically been seeing "Tyre brought it upon himself by attempting to run away" as if they weren't already beating the **** out of him before that point :skull:

Same. At least during the initial aftermath of the George Floyd murder, some conservative pundits pretended to be empathetic. Now, most right-wingers seem to just unapologetically be criticizing Tyre and defending the lynching here.

I would LOVE for any of these sunglasses-in-profile-pics shouting "He should have just complied!" on Twitter to have been in Tyre's position. I'm sure they would have just sat there and taken the beatings without moving or uttering a single word had five officers dragged them out of their car for no ostensible reason (particularly five Black officers).

Very upsetting to see black men in positions of power do this to another black man.

Thank **** the CCTV was there… this is just horrifying and bizarre, and clearly an institutional problem. The arguments that have been trying to state otherwise need to stop now, I don’t see how you can try and say otherwise after looking at this 

I called the police on two different room-mates I had. I was hesitant the first time I called because of all the bad things you hear with police and my city's police department doesn't have the best reputation. But I felt like the police on the scene acted very professionally which made me less hesitant about calling when another room-mate was having issues.

The way those Memphis officers acted is a disgrace though, no excusing that.

Edited by Ash12345

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.